• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inside the Bomb Shop - The Toon Link Social Thread

Which Toon Link Color Are you?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

So... I only played TL in an MM vs a Jiggs.
3-0'd pretty solidly, won 5 dollars.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Yep. LOL

TL destroys that MU so hard haha. (If this becomes another MU discussion tangent, please move any detailed posts about it in the TL general discussion thread)

Good stuff, zach. :) did it get recorded?

D

Deleted member

No. I wish so.
Some ******s were taking up the livestream by playing Yoshi vs. CPUs and wouldn't let us on.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Hey Zach, I saw that you played Noc in bracket, he's actually the guy that taught me smash!!!
How was his DK?
He actually plays Falcon in Melee, I'm a bit surprised he didn't do the same in PM.
It also looks like you didn't use Toonster... sup wit dat?

D

Deleted member

I beat Noc, he actually played Falcon against me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvlI5C5AKWw
I didn't use ToonLink because all my matchups seemed pretty much fine with Marth, and I didn't want to jynx myself because my Marth is alot more solid in bracket.
I lost to Dakpo for bs. He played a blind call card or something, I didn't even know what that was. He accused me of counterpicking him because I play Marth and then I lost because I got annoyed. I should've gotten 5th. not 9th.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
While I do agree, if you're gonna play Toon, the best way to get better with him is to play tournament matches.
I'm a little surprised that Dakpo plays PM at all.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
Anyone find it funny Tink's down tilt is that sword stab when Tink can't even do that in any of his games?

:phone:

`dazrin

Smash Champion
To be fair- TL never actually does any of his aerial animations in his games, and doesn't do any of his tilt animations in his games either. The old dtilt wasn't canon to his games as well.

But the reason why he has that dtilt animation is because someone specifically met Shadic in person and requested him to add the OoT crouching shield-stab as Link's dtilt animation. Shadic didn't like it on Link but liked it enough that he threw it on Toon Link for some reason. I'm pretty sure he was trolling the guy who requested it or something because he said specifically NOT to put it on TL. Heh

`dazrin

Smash Champion
No. Bair is a different animation. The jab animation is a rising spin and back air is just a backwards swipe. They look somewhat similar though, and I can see how you came to that conclusion.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
If you bair out of a short hop its essentially the same as the 3rd hit of his jab.
I always assumed that's where Sakurai got it from, supposedly his legs are supposed to be "too short" for kicks, so his nair was made a worse version of Marth's nair.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
Lol this guy. If you look at bair and the third hit of the jab it is totally different. Once Tink is facing backward in the jab he has his sword tucked close to his body. Or should if it matches the original in-game animations. Daze is talking animations anyway. Which anyone with one good eye can tell those are different. :/
I knew it wasn't canon at all. I just thought it was silly. It's a good move so I wouldn't have it any other way.

:phone:

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
I never thought it matched the animation exactly, my point is I felt the move was derived from that attack in WW (the bair).

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
So I'm kinda debating whether I should have toon be my prime char or link. Toon was recreated to be like the true wind waker link and n64 link with really good new kill moves, but Link has some power and speed buffs in his attacks which makes him kinda as fast as ssbm y.Link (not as mobile, though). Damn, they're both so good...

B.W.

Smash Champion
Do what I did in Melee.

I used both Link and Y.Link side by side depending on matchup/stage/etc.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Both Links in P:M can drop from the ledge, jump, grab a bomb, and grab the ledge without having to Up-B. It's really cool. It feels harder for Link, but probably is exactly the same timing.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, agt then air dodge and zair almost seems broken. It's soooo good.

D

Deleted member

When I get electric Dtilt I can never remember to use Fsmash. So instead, I just Dtilt into nair, and repeat. It wracks up so much damage sometimes, especially on someone like DDD :)

`dazrin

Smash Champion
dtilt literally combos into everything lmao

I've gotten usmash, fsmash, nair, uair, fair, dair, rar'd bair, upb, etc. It's pretty awesome :)

I usually go for a fair though

D

Deleted member

Likes NES tl and likes tl nair.
You're a really cool person

Tmacc

Smash Lord
NES TL is definitely the best. I thought I was original, though :(

Pretty much using his as a secondary to my Bowser. Basically I dashdance, nair, and throw **** at people. AGT mind games are fun.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
False, its at 10.
I meant to vote for custom texture. The one that I use overwrites the NES one, but I didn't create a pac for it so when you select it you have to select NES TL.

D

Deleted member

****, I mistoke NES for Dark.
**** YOU DARK TL NO ONE LOVES YOU.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Nes tl is awesomer when doing combos with electric dtilt.
Dark tl doesn't look cool doing anything except standing and ripping off Dark link.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Time to make a separate thread for us sexy image lovers in the TL forums, Hime

Top Bottom