• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inside the Bomb Shop - The Toon Link Social Thread

Which Toon Link Color Are you?

• Total voters

`dazrin

Smash Champion

Welcome to WindFall Island's Bomb Shack. It's always important to keep a fresh supply of well-made bombs in your sack for all your daily approaching, recovering, comboing, and spamming needs. Try to keep things friendly, but we'll be relatively laid back in here to discuss whatever as long as people don't start lighting any fuses! Keep flaming to a minimum or this place will explode!
Anyhoo- bombs away!​

Do you prefer playing your Toon Link very campy and defensive? Or do you like using a move aggressive in-your-face style? Also, which color Toon Link do you prefer, or if you use a texture, which texture do you use?
I personally play my Toon Link pretty defensively, and try to bait out mistakes to land grabs and throw a lot of projectiles to create opportunities to use my bread and butter projectile combo follow-ups when I get the chance. As for my color of choice, I use black, but I have a black tunic Toon Link recolor that I use to make it look not-so-awful. :p
Here's the download link to the texture and all the CSPs/CBPs available for it if you're interested :)

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
needs more grandma's soup

but yeah pretty sure purple toon link is the best toon link

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Definitely agree. If I'm not using my black tunic toonlink, I'll probably go shadow link just out of habit (I always just go to the color set to Y) but as far as aesthetics go, Purple Toon Link is the best of the vanilla colors.

D

Deleted member

Where are my soup glitches, storage, and super swims?

`dazrin

Smash Champion
DUDE monk. Why haven't we done this yet? Taunt cancel windwaker taunt on pirateship into the water should cause TL to zoom off into the blastzone lol

D

Deleted member

Can we please get storage on the taunt cancelled Wind Waker Dive? Super Swims Ahoy!

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
*Ties up store owner and steals overpriced bombs*. >.> <.<

I play my TL aggressively in most MUs, but I also looove grabs and bombs. <3

Custom black TL>Purple TL>others imo, but the only ones I'm really averse to are Shadow TL and NES TL.

Jolteon

Hahahaha, too true. ;) It's impossible to use up+b too much!

<333 this move.

D

Deleted member

That looks like brawl up b. Stop showing me dumb things jolteon ;_;

Jolteon

It is, I couldn't be bothered to look for a P:M screenshot. >__>

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Black TL, as in not dark TL but a black tunic TL. All my TL textures are the cel shaded ones.

I'm more of a fan of Beetle Brand Blasting Bombs though.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
D

Deleted member

We won't be haters if you won't give us the wrong move lol.

D

Deleted member

Gimpyfish, you just made my ****ing day LOL
Just made this my Signature <3

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I love TL in this, D-throw to UpB all day. UpB is godlike.

Also, is it just me, or does Tink have a pretty good grab game in this? It might just be the people I'm playin'.

Also also Vaporeon for best Eeveelution

D

Deleted member

TL has a good grab game imo.
Also, Jolteon, you're getting **** from everyone. Let this be a lesson ;)

D

Deleted member

You didn't watch Apex?!
Armada YL vs. Hbox Ness and Jiggs.
NESS.

D

Deleted member

Armada won ofcourse.
And so Dazee doesn't get mad and tell us that were off topic, how about that Brawl Up B? :troll:
Also, we **** puffs.
I have a 5 dollar money match, my tl vs a puff.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Lol general mu thread discussion should go in the other thread, btw. Ask questions there.

This place should be a relaxed place were we can spam pics and have good times.

*TLink nair's the questions to the other thread*

B.W.

Smash Champion
After playing Ivysaur enough and watching Armada play Young Link at Apex and remembering the good ol' days of my times playing Young Link and knowing he's got a lot of himself transferred into my favorite version of Link (Wind Waker), I've decided to give T.Link a go in 2.5. As it turns out, I like him quite a bit. I still can't seem to get used to not going too low with a run off stage n-air (something I can do with Y.Link in Melee) but that time will come eventually, though in the mean time to make up for the fact I can't recover from going low normally I've been working on AGTing back up, for some reason I'm never able to pull off the AGT in the bubble though even though I do it just fine otherwise.

Also why's T.Link got milk? I half questioned this in 2.1 too lol. T.Link never puts milk in his bottle. He gets Elixir Soup. Drinking it should be coupled with a glowing sword effect. Would be cool. Just sayin.

virtuososteve

Smash Apprentice
How cool would it be though if you do that taunt and instead of milk you have the elixir and his sword glows? o.O
Electric down tilt and glowing sword? TL would be even more of a bad ***

B.W.

Smash Champion
Ohhh boy. Swapped that ugly Dark T.Link color for Outset Link and it's sweeet.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
If you aren't playing as Retro Link you're wrong.

Yellow rim on the hat children. Learn to style like that.

Or don't and let me keep my color in dittos.

:phone:

Top Bottom