• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inside the Bomb Shop - The Toon Link Social Thread

Which Toon Link Color Are you?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

Just decided to visit both of the tl threads after a while.
Thanks Okami for the perfect music to listen to while looking at this thread.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
I think God clearly doesn't want me to play PM.
I finally find a nice group of opponents to play with, only to have my car towed, $193...
Someone want to explain why it needs to be so ***ing much???
That's just $100 less than a WiiU...

SpiderMad

Smash Master
If you were thinking of buying a WiiU, then destiny saved you $100

I'm always scared of getting towed, did you know it could happen and risked it or you didn't see some sign or something?

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
If you were thinking of buying a WiiU, then destiny saved you $100

I'm always scared of getting towed, did you know it could happen and risked it or you didn't see some sign or something?
I'm just waiting until the next Smash or Zelda comes out before considering it. Is it really that bad so far?
It was a huge ass complex, so I wanted to park somewhere in the center since I wasn't sure where the guy's apt was. I had no idea they actually tow if you don't park in the visitors, which wasn't clear to begin with since it was dark.
I'm just pretending I lost a $193 money match.

D

Deleted member

Hamlin get out of this thread you dirty sonic player.
Come back when you know how to Clutch BarrelBlast.

D

Deleted member

Grounded up b out of shield is a crazy good option vs people who play dumb against your shield
the only way I've seen people deal with it is by crouch cancelling and tech rolling when you get caught, and since it's only for oos punishes, they most likely can't shield it since they're in the air. ALSO...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZb51U6ACrE&feature=youtu.be

B.W.

Smash Champion
Crouch cancelling and tech rolling out of grounded spin attack aren't always guaranteed methods of escape though. Lots of people try and fail, in my experience.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
They froze when I was uploading them yesterday. ;_; Gonna give it another shot today.

mYzeALot

Smash Journeyman
Is everyone that plays toon link implying that wind waker is the best Zelda game?

mYzeALot

Smash Journeyman
Well the new outset alt costume is super nostalgic because Wind Waker was my first Zelda that I played when i was 6. I think I'm at least going to pick him up as a secondary, because the costume seems really well done.

Jolteon

Wind Waker is still one of my favourite Zelda games and I absolutely love playing though it. =] Toon Link's my favourite rendition of Link, also. Really glad to hear that the Outset Costume has made more people want to pick him up, hopefully you enjoy his playstyle also.

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
Hey guys, been playing a ton of P:M lately, and I've found out that I love the way TL plays. I'm a Pit main, but I think Toon Link will quickly become my secondary. Everything about him feels so good and smooth. Right now I'm practicing my AGT, but I always always seem to just miss the bomb by an inch. Oh well, back to training mode!

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Anyone else think of this music whenever they're reading this thread?

Inside a House
I just realized, I think they copied a song from Runescape (which Runescape probably copied from someone else). Old timey songs probably sound all the same anyways

Hey guys, been playing a ton of P:M lately, and I've found out that I love the way TL plays. I'm a Pit main, but I think Toon Link will quickly become my secondary. Everything about him feels so good and smooth. Right now I'm practicing my AGT, but I always always seem to just miss the bomb by an inch. Oh well, back to training mode!
Bomb jump using AGT? It use to be easier back in past versions, I don't know what happened.

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
It use to be easier back in past versions, I don't know what happened.
Ah, that's too bad.
Since most tutorials seem to be 2.5 and below, it's still the same "L, Up on control stick, Up on c-stick" all at the same time, right?

HiniCheese

Smash Rookie

Jolteon

Nice. :) I agree that TL feels great and loads of things about him feel real smooth. Don't worry about missing the bomb jumping for now, it comes to you with practice and I think you'll be surprised at how quickly that happens also. Have you watched daze's video on how to bomb jump?

Regarding 2.6 bomb jump: up+b's weaker hitbox appears earlier than it did in 2.5, the weak hitbox is also not strong enough to blow up a bomb, so you need to time it better to hit with the medium damage hit instead. The inputs are the same, so it's really just a matter of doing better AGTs really.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Toon Link's a pretty cool guy. I need to work on my bomb shenanigans though.

Jolteon

You can get away with good fundamentals and match-up knowledge, I haven't really found many bomb techniques to be that useful.

Top Bottom