• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Insane Triumph 1, Houston TX Jul. 10 2010

Frame Perfect

Smash Journeyman
first of all, nobody's debating that giving the prizes to fourth place is absolutely ********. i thought you were just kidding in the first place. my bad. i assumed you were a competent human being.... of course that is without taking into account the point ranking system you designed for houston.

secondly, i checked your thread before leaving for houston that thursday to make sure everything was still in order before the tourney on sat. if there were any changes, i figured you would have it straightened out at least two days prior. upon arrival i went upstairs, where i was promptly told to purchase the venue band for 7 dollars. i then asked someone who was sitting at the computer about the details for the gc controllers.... in retrospect, i believe this was you without glasses.... didn't you used to have glasses? it doesn't really matter. if i had talked to you beforehand(finding out there were no controllers) i would have just bounced immediately and gone back to the hotel i was staying at, but i guess i didn't recognize you(clark kent effect).

after speaking with you i decided to stay for melee because i do enjoy it more than brawl and you said somebody would be there in 10 minutes with a setup.

45 minutes later...

i was approached by some guy wearing a cap backwards and was asked to help carry a tv. no big deal right? wrong. as i get to his car i quickly realize that this is not something i want to do.... keep in mind that the elevator to this place is broken. after reaching the stairs with what appears to be some sort of miniature projection tv, we lay it down and i guess dude notices that im thoroughly irrated by the whole situation so he said he would carry it up the stairs. it wasn't that heavy just that it dug into my hands. i mean come on.... i do lift weights. we get upstairs and move some other stuff around, and i find out that this in fact is "The Airbrush King".

after talking to him, i realize that one of you are lying about the controllers. the airbrush king tells me that he actually saw the controllers and that they were the white nintendo ones, whereas you told me all they could get were the gamestop ones. and no 40 dollars is not the same as two 30 dollar controllers plus shipping. and to be honest i didn't even think they would be the white ones because why would best buy corporate have white ones in their warehouse without selling them to the public. they aren't discontinued.... i figured they would be either plat., black, orange, or purp.(they had leftover), which personally, i prefer over the new white ones. this is, of course, irrelevant . i don't mind them.

in reality, this is all my fault. i thought to myself, i am going to be in houston that weekend anyway and this does seem like a decent tournament and it is only 20 min away.... but then again, he did spell the word 'controllers' wrong in the thread title....
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=277622
i guess that should have been my first indicator....

so id like to go ahead and apologize.... to myself.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
first of all, nobody's debating that giving the prizes to fourth place is absolutely ********. i thought you were just kidding in the first place. my bad. i assumed you were a competent human being.... of course that is without taking into account the point ranking system you designed for houston.
point ranking system? i dont have one.

secondly, i checked your thread before leaving for houston that thursday to make sure everything was still in order before the tourney on sat. if there were any changes, i figured you would have it straightened out at least two days prior. upon arrival i went upstairs, where i was promptly told to purchase the venue band for 7 dollars. i then asked someone who was sitting at the computer about the details for the gc controllers.... in retrospect, i believe this was you without glasses.... didn't you used to have glasses? it doesn't really matter. if i had talked to you beforehand(finding out there were no controllers) i would have just bounced immediately and gone back to the hotel i was staying at, but i guess i didn't recognize you(clark kent effect).
I was aiming for the peter parker look but clark kent works too.

after speaking with you i decided to stay for melee because i do enjoy it more than brawl and you said somebody would be there in 10 minutes with a setup.

45 minutes later...
Though it sucks u had to wait....its not my fault/problem.

I am not responsible for the melee events, that would be De Angelo. Its COMMON for them to not bring a set-up(they are lazy) And De Angelo doesnt wanna give them a set up anymore.

i was approached by some guy wearing a cap backwards and was asked to help carry a tv. no big deal right? wrong. as i get to his car i quickly realize that this is not something i want to do.... keep in mind that the elevator to this place is broken. after reaching the stairs with what appears to be some sort of miniature projection tv, we lay it down and i guess dude notices that im thoroughly irrated by the whole situation so he said he would carry it up the stairs. it wasn't that heavy just that it dug into my hands. i mean come on.... i do lift weights. we get upstairs and move some other stuff around, and i find out that this in fact is "The Airbrush King".
So De Angelo shows up late and makes u carry a TV upstairs? Thats cold blooded.

after talking to him, i realize that one of you are lying about the controllers. the airbrush king tells me that he actually saw the controllers and that they were the white nintendo ones, whereas you told me all they could get were the gamestop ones. and no 40 dollars is not the same as two 30 dollar controllers plus shipping. and to be honest i didn't even think they would be the white ones because why would best buy corporate have white ones in their warehouse without selling them to the public. they aren't discontinued.... i figured they would be either plat., black, orange, or purp.(they had leftover), which personally, i prefer over the new white ones. this is, of course, irrelevant . i don't mind them.
De Angelo(DA) promised me that Devry would get the WHITE controllers. I put that in the thread and told people about it. Devry/DA shows up and i ask for the controllers and he said they couldnt get the white ones so they were just gonna give us the money they were gonna spend on the controllers(40$).

Here is the truth(after i researched your post). You said De Angelo told you that BEST BUY was gonna give the controllers? I looked it up and Here are the controllers Best Buy has http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=Games+&+Toys&ks=960 So THAT was the controller they were going to give you guys. Its white alright but its 100% TRASH so be thankful the did not get those controllers. As for De saying he saw them in his car or devrys car........thats a flat out lie.

in reality, this is all my fault. i thought to myself, i am going to be in houston that weekend anyway and this does seem like a decent tournament and it is only 20 min away.... but then again, he did spell the word 'controllers' wrong in the thread title....
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=277622
i guess that should have been my first indicator....

so id like to go ahead and apologize.... to myself.
Well i hope you can forgive yourself and be able to sleep at night.

Overall, im sorry your experience was a bad one but i guarantee your issue is with De Angelo and not me. HE got the sponsors and HE was the one that was very late and HE made u carry the tv up stairs and HE was the one that lied to you about controllers being in a car when they were not. Please get that TGM blame outta here.

dilling

Smash Apprentice
Not gonna lie, this thread is getting rather odd, especially since it's not even a social thread. The real reason I posted though is to say next vids are up on the first post of the results thread.

Top Bottom