• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Input Trigger Windows for Various Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I did these a long time ago and never wrote them down because I'm stupid.

F-Smash: 7 frames (after smash)
U/D-Smash: 4 frames (after smash)
Dash Dance: 8 frames (after smash)
True Pivot 1 frame (after smash)
Pivot Grab: 2 frames before through 2 frames after smash
B-reversal: 2 frames
Jigglypuff DACUS: 3 frames
Sheik DACUS: 2 frames

There's probably more, and these are probably wrong. I'll redo them formally this weekend. Might grab the more crazy stuff like gliding and all DACUS links. Feel free to leave suggestions.

Yikarur

Smash Master
what do you mean with "after smash" ?

and the dash releated stuff is character depending.
Sheik can cancel her dash attack in frame 2-3 into upsmash.
For a B-Reversal you have to hold in the opposite direction in frame frame 4 of the special.
For a Pivot Grab you have to press the opposite direction either simultaneously with Grab or in frame 2-3 of the dash grab.

good idea to note that stuff =D

Luxor

Smash Champion
I think he was just listing the duration of the frame window to input, and when the game will recognize smash+A as a smash attack rather than a dash and an attack, etc.

Interesting how Jiggs has a 3 frame window for DACUS but Sheik only has 2, Jiggs' always seemed muchmuch easier than Sheik's. I guess that extra frame makes a difference.

1 frame to true pivot, no surprise. It'd be great if you got the data for Diddy's glide toss at least. Nice work.

Veril

Frame Savant
b-reversal window is wrong (it always occurs frame 4 and therefore has a 3 frame input window). Yikhar you meant frame 3 not 4 I assume.

Jigglypuff DACUS is also wrong iirc (frame 3 or 4 are the important DA cancel frames)

dash cancels into f-smash on frame 1-6

I thought pivot grab was a 3 frame window.

wtf I was all excited at first... and then :(

Yikarur

Smash Master
b-reversal window is wrong (it always occurs frame 4 and therefore has a 3 frame input window). Yikhar you meant frame 3 not 4 I assume.
Yika!

and it occurs when you hold the opposite direction in frame 4.
it doesn't occur if you hold in the opposite direction in frame 1-3 and let the stick neutral in frame 4.
To B-Reverse you have to hold the stick in the opposite direction in frame 4.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
hrm, I guess this is relevant:
me said:
...I noticed something interesting when looking at pivot grabs in frame-advance mode today (my apologies if this is old; I've been out of the loop for too long). Basically when pivoting out of a run into a pivot grab your "pivot time" is incorporated into the pivot grab itself, resulting in a "faster" pivot grab.

.....yeah, I'll just give an example using Peach's pivot grab:

- Pivoting for 0 frames = pivot grab hits on frame 13
- Pivoting for 1 frame = pivot grab hits on frame 12
- Pivoting for 2 frames = pivot grab hits on frame 11
- Pivoting for 3 frames = you can no longer pivot grab

In the past I'd had some trouble getting consistent pivot grab duration data... and now I know why! It's really just another one of Brawl's systems that attempt make the game more "user friendly".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom