• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INNsomnia V: Memphis, TN: March 30-31 Live Updates Online! See 1st post for details

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
More updates that I got from smashmac:

Papa Strawbeary (1:12:37 AM): smashmac told me that
electropimpslap (1:12:42 AM): yea it is
Papa Strawbeary (1:12:44 AM): shiz + speed both lost to DR
electropimpslap (1:12:50 AM): AHAHAH
electropimpslap (1:12:51 AM): GAYY
Papa Strawbeary (1:12:51 AM): shiz lost 2-0
Papa Strawbeary (1:12:59 AM): both like 1 stock or so
Papa Strawbeary (1:13:02 AM): speed lost 2-1
Papa Strawbeary (1:13:03 AM): all fox
Papa Strawbeary (1:13:10 AM): last stock high percent type ish
Papa Strawbeary (1:13:16 AM): he thinks shiz got 4th
Papa Strawbeary (1:13:18 AM): and speed 5th
Papa Strawbeary (1:13:21 AM): 3rd is tink
Papa Strawbeary (1:13:26 AM): dr and forward in GF
Papa Strawbeary (1:13:29 AM): grand finals
Papa Strawbeary (1:13:30 AM): 1-1 right now
Papa Strawbeary (1:13:40 AM): I'm gonna call him back at 2
electropimpslap (1:13:58 AM): dam
electropimpslap (1:14:08 AM): darkrain is pissed right now

And for those who don't know DR = darkrain!!!

:( @ neither Shiz or Speed winning money in singles, but good **** none the less!!!

FL is too good!!!

:colorful:

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Just a quick update.

All the placings mentioned are right. Forward, Dark, and Tink took the trophies for singles. Viperboy + KeepSpeedN took trophies for doubles.

For all of you who have seen the infamous darkrain kneeing the table at the last INN event... well, this is apparently a tradition. This year forward does a falco n'air into a stack of 48-50 pizza boxes. That man is a RL ninja, I think...

Anyway, results will be posted later. I haven't slept since Wed - **** adrenaline.

I'll also post a results page for shoutouts so please don't use this thread for all that.

Neal - unfortunately I "could" get Wifi, but they were having firewall issues so couldn't get out to get connection. *mutters* One of these days... Everything worked fine though. <3

Handorin

Smash Hero
I'll post how horribly wrong my weekend went with my shout outs.
Preview: I hate my mom. -_-

Edit: O ya. Congrats to Zane for getting Runner Up for "Host with the Most!"

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
For all of you who have seen the infamous darkrain kneeing the table at the last INN event... well, this is apparently a tradition. This year forward does a falco n'air into a stack of 48-50 pizza boxes. That man is a RL ninja, I think...
From now on that should be a mandatory celebration of the winner :laugh:

The image of King jumping onto a table and quickly falling asleep just popped into my head...

Tink

Smash Hero
rofl, tinky chockzied again =(. but its ok, forward wont be so lucky next time =). did me and darks matches get recorded? they were some intense matches.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
grats to top 4. i had a really awesome time at this tournament. thanx for the tourney, Zane.
There must have been more Falcos and Capt. Falcons than any other characters at this tournament...
Good to see shiz, speed, and mac again. ya'll are great players and some of the most respectable people in and outside the matches. always fun to play u guys.
Plank: your really cool, but i still hate sheik =) great set vs. lee, both fights down to the wire.
Chad: good games sir, both our fights were so close >__<
everyone else: yea..i have amnesia..so just know i <3 u

Louisiana brought 13 smashers to this tournament, and i'm really proud of our job, since we have a habit of not attending big tournaments in the southeast, but i hope we 'put LA on the map' w/ this =)
Lee + JohnWu(Juju) got 5th in Teams, out of the 42(?) entered teams, and beat some reknowned players teamed up so i'd just like to get that out there.
5 of us LA players made it to our 2nd pool, and 3 of us made it to the final 32 bracket: Lee, JuJu, and myself.

i guess i'd also take back any unsportsmanship on my behalf where it may be due. I put alot of pressure on myself and defensiveness of my crew's success, so i may have made some issues more dramatic than neccessary such as how i glitch-fell through corneria w/ a fresh stock in a tourney match and disagreement w/ a specific ruling on some friends who fought, but regardless I had great time, n00bs.

Kyo Kusanagi

Smash Ace
I am so pissed off I couldn't enter the singles but hey stuff happens, at least I got to play alot of friendles and I still haven't fought shiz or foward but sometime in the future I will.

@Also, did anyone notice that every time darkrain comes INNsomnia it thundertorms no joke, that's very creepy. lol

HyperDragon

Smash Apprentice
I just have to say that this has been a great experience for me. This is the first big tournament I could go to, and I loved it. I may not have gotten into the brackets, but still, being there was a good feeling. Meeting all those good people, playing against them, it was fun. Zane, you did a hell of a job, and it all worked out. Thank you.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
No Random or Low Tier tourney makes me sad. That meant that there was a 0% chance of me coming close to winning anything. I am currently $50 in the hole, and I have no job to efficiently clear that up. It might be a while before I go to any more tournaments. I did learn a lot, though.

My DS going missing makes me sad and angry. Not only have I been through countless hours with it, but the GBA game wasn't mine. Of course, this has to happen the month of Diamond/Pearl's release. I literally left it in plain sight just to test fate; I wanted to believe that people could be honest at a large event like this. I guess I'm just stupid for even trying to think that.

Shoutouts will come with the results thread. I enjoyed myself regardless of these things.

Sargent_Peach

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to hear about your DS Reflex.

Zane, you did a really good job, i feel bad that you didn't get to play though. This was definetly the best tournement I've ever been to, even though I still can't feel my fingers from the ice water.

Handorin

Smash Hero
No Random or Low Tier tourney makes me sad. That meant that there was a 0% chance of me coming close to winning anything. I am currently $50 in the hole, and I have no job to efficiently clear that up. It might be a while before I go to any more tournaments. I did learn a lot, though.

My DS going missing makes me sad and angry. Not only have I been through countless hours with it, but the GBA game wasn't mine. Of course, this has to happen the month of Diamond/Pearl's release. I literally left it in plain sight just to test fate; I wanted to believe that people could be honest at a large event like this. I guess I'm just stupid for even trying to think that.

Shoutouts will come with the results thread. I enjoyed myself regardless of these things.
My Cube went missing as well.

Handorin

Smash Hero
This makes me even more pissed that I had to leave. Especially since I just had to explain myself again. =(

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Rofl, thanks man, that's too good. Haha. Results thread will go up as soon as I talk to Myztek to get the first 1/2 from his laptop.

Thanks for everyone that came. Hopefully everyone had a good time and I'll see you all back for Inn 6

HyperDragon

Smash Apprentice
I have some videos to upload as well, such as the brutal competition in which Take 2, Iori, and Sargeant Peach all stuck their arms in the huge container full of water and ice that held the drinks, to see who would pull their arms out first! I also have another video of Foward doing his victory nair, and after it happens I show the aftermath of the pizza boxes being kicked everywhere! I'll have those uploaded soon.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Awesome tournament PrinceZane. And Queen and others that don't know. Top 5 got money.

I got like.... 275 for 4th. And thanks again for all the hospitality PrinceZane, we really appreciate it and would of been much harder if it weren't for your help :chuckle:.

RAM

Smash Lord
Just got home after 14 hours of driving Good tourney as always Zane I'm looking forward to coming to my 4th Inn tourney.

FL was repn hard, and me and Rice made it out of both of our pools it was a great experience.

RAM

Smash Lord
Forgot to mention Shoutouts tommorrow. also Me and Chad out of 112 smashers were the only two to make it to the 32 Man Brackets using only Low Tiers. Chad my Friend your Pika is too good that's why the Boards dedicated itself to you and Pikachu with this background. anywho good night everyone.

Top Bottom