• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INNsomnia V Biweeklies - Memphis, TN - Next: Mar 10th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
!&)$&#$)(!&$)(!*&)(*%&!)(@#$^!%)(*@&)!(&@$#)!%(&@) %

Important update:

I regret to inform you guys, that the biweeklies will be postponed.

My new work schedule is kind of gay and really messing things up.

So after much thought, here's what I've come up with (assuming I can't talk my way out of a schedule change)...

Biweeklies are on hold. No "major" deal since there's not a set date for INN V. If anyone wants to pick up the biweekly thing (or however the schedule may go), I trust you guys enough to use the name and whatever type of gimmic you want. If you fundraise, great, just let me know and we can still push the pot etc.

I'll take over hosting biweeklies as soon as I can find out when I'll be able to. I just found out tonight how things are going, sorry.

Anyone hosting biweeklies or whatever, let me know and I can update the posts/results like normal. Basically the only change is I won't be able to do it until further notice.

Sorry mates.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Sucks to hear that Zane =(

Does this mean we can have late night Fri/Sat or mid day Saturdays now? o.o

Nite

Smash Champion
Oh noes! No biweeklies?!? How can I live after going to school all week and coming home to no biweeklies? Santa Maria, Jesus! Haha, hopefully we can work that out some how.

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
**** that sucks Zane, was looking forwards to this bi-weekly too =(

I don't know how many people would be interested, but I have a place that is big enough to host the bi-weeklies until Zane is able to rehost. It can hold probably around 25-30 people and has plenty of chairs for people to sit and tables and stuff. It is at one of my friends comic store. There is a soda machine there and if you guys wanted to chip in some money I'm sure we could get some pizza ordered. There is already 2 setups up there and the place has enough table room for about 8 more. If anyone went to the Searcy tournament awhile back it would be a bit bigger than that place with more walking room and stuff. It is located in Jonesboro and is about 1 to 1 and a half hours away from West Memphis. If enough people are interested I could ask him if it would be alright if I could host the bi-weekly there, though I don't know how many people would like to drive an hour away for a bi-weekly.

Nite

Smash Champion
If Lance goes, then I'll go. Lance wants to go for doubles, so people enter doubles so that the Run7 can be there.

SaberGuy- Wanna have a rematch? $10 2/3?

Handorin

Smash Hero
Jonesboro is farther away =/
What days would you think about doing it? or will it still be at night?

lvl9

Smash Journeyman
*checks calendar* Nope its not April 1st :( Well if its in jonesboro ill still go. And i enter doubles so Run7 has to come. Cool its settled then. Biweekly still goes on.
Or we could just kidnap Zane and hold up the pizza joint until they change his schedule again.

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
@Zane - Yep that would be Galaxy.

@Nite- I would like to but I have no money and college has started so I gotta save up some money.

I could either host it on Friday at midnight or on Saturday, whichever day works for everyone else. Pretty much if Run7 is going to come then I will definately be trying to host it or if a lot of other people decided to show up. Let me know on here who all wants to go and I will talk to him so maybe I can host it there.

Woot post 100!

Nite

Smash Champion
@Nite- I would like to but I have no money and college has started so I gotta save up some money.
It's all good man. Whenever you've got money to spare and feel up to it, then you've got a rematch. Good stuff about the Galaxy place, I hope that we can have it. How about my Runmates? You guys up for it?

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
Seriously, I can't pay the gas all by myself, everyone going would have to split gas equally. I just got a tune-up on my car and all my spark plugs and crap changed so I don't mind driving that far. If it's only 1 and 1/2 hours then that's not too bad.

Handorin

Smash Hero
If it is Friday:
Who wants to pick me up after football games? You can get in free near the end cause they stop looking at tickets >_>

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Zane- Now I see what happens when I don't check the boards for about a day and a half... It sucks about your work schedule. It must be my fault for not checking the boards!

Sabreguy- Way to pick up the next bi-weekly! :) I'll be there for sure.

Since it's not at the INN, do you think we could have it earlier than 11ish? It'll still be cool if it's at it's normal time, but it would be nice not to mess-up my sleep schedule so much.

Go Go Jonsboro Bi-weekly!

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
J-town is about 45mins-hr from the INN. (going north)

Saber - you know a guy named Revel Reed? He's from there, frequents Galaxy alot. He's been to 1-2 of the INN things. I'll try to get in touch with it and let him know. He might be able to pull some of the J'town guys.

If you have any questions about running things let me know. I'll try to help as best I can.

lvl9

Smash Journeyman
Remember The Little Rock crew drives 2hrs to get to the INN and +30 min for Chamberlin. Smashing is worth it. Youl look back one day and say "Im glad I drove that hour cause I beat Lvl9 in a money match and made him shut the hell up"

Nite

Smash Champion
Lance- I love smash, and it's not just about the money for me, so I will pitch in for gas. You drive every other weekend and you pay for gas all the time. I just want to let you know that I appreciate it. So if you need gas money taking me to tournaments, then let me know. I'll pitch in this time, but I don't want to be the only one paying you know?

Oh yea, I was looking in this tournament results thread and I saw a team named "Shake and Bake." Haha, they placed pretty high too.

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
Im with Nite, Lance. If you need gas money let me know. I may be broke alot but I can still help out. You are the reason I can go to tourneys so I dont mind at all helping out. So just ask we wont think any less of you man.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
it's like 60-65 miles...

if you go 80 it'll take you 45 mins'ish. Just watch out, there's a section with an intersection in the middle of the interstate. Cops hound it hard. I think its near Turrel/Marked Tree? I could be wrong on the city

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Cops ain't got **** on my radar detector.

We're not even sure if Saber can get the location yet....I think I have to work this saturday anyways.

It sounds pretty sure to me the way he's talking. It might not be on a Saturday either. If you need gas money, I'm sure Nite has plenty of Smash winnings to help out. :)

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
I second Lance. Why? Because I have lots of stuff I am trying to do, not to mention I am going to my nephew's B-day party and dont know when Ill be back.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
@saber- I don't think you should do it this weekend. Too short notice.
How is it too short notice? Sounds more like a "I've got too much going on" problem. All that's changed is the location not so much the time...

Anyways, if more people could come next week, we should probobly do it then instead.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I'm gonna poke around some community centers in millington and see what i can do. If I start hosting tournaments they're not going to be starting at midnight, they'd be in the day...
Saturday? o.o Thank goodness.

I actually thought about hosting one at my house... but I wanted to check with you guys. (And my parents after that XD)

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
Millington's not that much farther than WM....it's better than nothing :bigthumbu

Saturday? o.o Thank goodness.

I actually thought about hosting one at my house... but I wanted to check with you guys. (And my parents after that XD)
Dude, we'd definitely come. As long as the entry fee is at least $10....

Obviously it'd be on a saturday...just let me know in advance so i have at least a week to take off of work, i'm sure the same goes for everyone else with jobs :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom