• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Squid Inkopolis Plaza – Squid Social

Inklings for Smash?

• Total voters

Splotim

Smash Apprentice
Idk if anyone’s noticed yet, but apparently moray towers has a splatfest varient that plays Ink Me Up and switches to Now or Never in the last 20 seconds.

TvMajorA

Smash Rookie
Is there a thread posted somewhere for all the e3 media we currently have with Inkling Gameplay?

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Is there a thread posted somewhere for all the e3 media we currently have with Inkling Gameplay?
As far as I know, no. You can find a few videos with Inkling gameplay on the moveset thread, though.

At this point in time the best source for those videos is Nintendo's YouTube channel, I'm pretty sure they have all of the "official" E3 footage on there! That includes the Invitational and Treehouse presentations. As Reila said though, a few videos are linked in this thread: :ultinkling:

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Y'know, the Inklings are kind of like the Zerg.

When going over creep, Zerg units get a speed boost while it slows down non-zerg units.

They spread around the creep to increase their territory.

...Now I wonder if I'll see one of the Inklings devouring their fresh kill after beating someone in team battles

Reila

Zerg?

All I can think of when I read that word is "Spawn more overlords".

PF9

Smash Lord
In my headcanons, every Wednesday is karaoke night at the Smash Mansion.

The first song the Inklings (boy and girl) will song on their first karaoke night in December will be "Another Day in Paradise" by Phil Collins.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
In my headcanons, every Wednesday is karaoke night at the Smash Mansion.

The first song the Inklings (boy and girl) will song on their first karaoke night in December will be "Another Day in Paradise" by Phil Collins.
Does anyone even understand their gurgles?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Y'know, the Inklings are kind of like the Zerg.

When going over creep, Zerg units get a speed boost while it slows down non-zerg units.

They spread around the creep to increase their territory.

...Now I wonder if I'll see one of the Inklings devouring their fresh kill after beating someone in team battles
I can compare the three main races in Splatoon 2 (Inklings, Octarians & Salmonids) to those in Starcraft. Inklings are the Terrans,
middle of the road in tech & numbers, Octarians are the Protoss with the highest level of technology (that is unfortunately high-maintenance)
and Salmonids are the Zerg with limited and/or crude tech but make up for it with sheer numbers.

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
I'm going to get to work on that. I'll be delving deeply into Young Link and Inkling when the game becomes available and I kind of have a way with video threads, so just give me a few days and I'll have something ready to go. :)

Reila

I can compare the three main races in Splatoon 2 (Inklings, Octarians & Salmonids) to those in Starcraft. Inklings are the Terrans,
middle of the road in tech & numbers, Octarians are the Protoss with the highest level of technology (that is unfortunately high-maintenance)
and Salmonids are the Zerg with limited and/or crude tech but make up for it with sheer numbers.
That is actually not a bad comparison.

The stupid conga line event in Salmon Run is not so different from being destroyed by a Zerg rush.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
That is actually not a bad comparison.

The stupid conga line event in Salmon Run is not so different from being destroyed by a Zerg rush.
Not enough people know that just planting a roller, even a Carbon, splats the rush Salmonids with ease, and with minimal ink consumption...
when one is available, of course.

Octarians, or at the very least Octavio, also have the zealous beliefs characteristic of the Protoss. Guess that makes all playable Octolings Dark Templars.

Reila

Not enough people know that just planting a roller, even a Carbon, splats the rush Salmonids with ease, and with minimal ink consumption...
when one is available, of course.

Octarians, or at the very least Octavio, also have the zealous beliefs characteristic of the Protoss. Guess that makes all playable Octolings Dark Templars.
That is the thing: It is not always available. The Goldie conga line is very frustrating if you don't have "AoE" weapons to deal with the lesser salmons.
How all my squids doin 2nite on this fine fine Thursday
Hating life is as usual. You?

Last edited:

Splotim

Smash Apprentice
So what everyone choosing for the next splatfest? I’m leaning towards squids, but I’m still pretty torn for octos.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I learned that the colossal squid has a donut-shaped brain, so I gotta go with squids.

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
This Splatfest, for me, is one of the toughest choices yet. I’m leaning towards Squid since they started everything and my love for the game, as well as one of the reason for my excitement for the upcoming smash.

But my veemo is so cute. >.< Really tough choice.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I chose Octo for the shirt color. I was hesitant since all of my friends are choosing Inkling (they don't have the DLC and didn't want to be "disingenuous").

Then only after the fact realized after the fact that if I get my Pearl/Marina amiibo on Friday, I can use the Marina outfit (minus the shirt) for the actual Splatfest.

So I'd say it worked out.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I'll be representing the Squid Kids this Splatfest, I love my Octoling, but I'm still attached to my Inkling and want to represent the OG's. Hoping this will be a fun Splatfest. Team Woomy!
:ultinkling:

Reila

I don't do Splatfests since Turf Wars bores me to death, but I still choose Octolings since octopuses are more interesting animals. Plus, I wanted Octolings playable since the moment they were announced before the release of the original Splatoon.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Did no one bother to find out the Inklings' alias on Boxing Ring? They got all the other characters who weren't in the last game!

Ice Climbers: Bone-Chilling Duo
Snake: The Legendary Mercenary
Pokémon Trainer: Wants to Be the Very Best
Ridley: Cunning God of Death

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Crossposting from the Smash Ultimate thread since obviously it'd be relevant here.

Did no one bother to find out the Inklings' alias on Boxing Ring? They got all the other characters who weren't in the last game!

Ice Climbers: Bone-Chilling Duo
Snake: The Legendary Mercenary
Pokémon Trainer: Wants to Be the Very Best
Ridley: Cunning God of Death

Splotim

Smash Apprentice
Clear audio of the Inklings' victory theme, coming right up!

I don’t really like jazziness of the victory theme and the splattack remix. They aren’t bad, but it’s weird seeing Inklings associated with jazz instead of rock.

Lisbon Mapping

Smash Apprentice
tbh I don't think Inkling has much chance of being playable in Ultimate. Splatoon is too new and I don't think Sakurai will be willing to put in a character with not much history and only 2 games. I think at best Inklings will be an assist trophy.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
tbh I don't think Inkling has much chance of being playable in Ultimate. Splatoon is too new and I don't think Sakurai will be willing to put in a character with not much history and only 2 games. I think at best Inklings will be an assist trophy.

Because said user is new and you can never figure out newer users.

Lisbon Mapping

Smash Apprentice

Because said user is new and you can never figure out newer users.
How dare you take my opinion as farce?! I strongly believe that Inklings have no place in Smash Ultimate or anywhere near true Nintendo All-Stars in general. Asking for Inklings in Smash is like asking for Inklings in Mario Kart - It's never going to happen.

Splotim

Smash Apprentice
How dare you take my opinion as farce?! I strongly believe that Inklings have no place in Smash Ultimate or anywhere near true Nintendo All-Stars in general. Asking for Inklings in Smash is like asking for Inklings in Mario Kart - It's never going to happen.
Well, duh! Everyone knows that Smash ultimate is a port of smash 4. Inklings are just going to be mii costumes again!!

Reila

Well, it is not a straight up port, but it is a new game built on top of Smash 4. So there is that.

Edit: This place is deader than my desire to live.

Last edited:

Splotim

Smash Apprentice
Here’s a question for anyone who bought Octo Expansion: would you rather Smash U come with a mediocre story mode like the Splatoon singleplayer or have DLC story mode that is simmilar in quality to Octo Expansion?

Personally I’d go with the free one, even if it has kinda meh gameplay. $60 base game + $20 online + $20 DLC just seems too expensive for me.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Here’s a question for anyone who bought Octo Expansion: would you rather Smash U come with a mediocre story mode like the Splatoon singleplayer or have DLC story mode that is simmilar in quality to Octo Expansion?

Personally I’d go with the free one, even if it has kinda meh gameplay. $60 base game + $20 online + $20 DLC just seems too expensive for me.
Depends how long it would take for the DlC story mode to come out. Someone proposed the idea of Subspace coming out in chapters being updated for free over the course of a few months.

Top Bottom