• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inkling for Smash! Let's Make Like Squid and Migrate!

yani

Smash Lord
I kinda feel these guys are better off for Smash 5 but after playing Splatoon I'd welcome them now with open arms. Please add me to the supporter list!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
No fun allowed.

So if Inkling get into Smash, surely they would add a few items from Splatoon as well? If so, I'd like Killer Wail to be an item. That thing is cool.

Killer Wail? The pun is so dophintastic and we need this as an inksellent new item in Super Squid Bros. Wii U and 3DS.

Last edited:

Spyro839

Smash Cadet
You know, this demo has made me simultaneously:

- Want this game like an order of magnitude more
- Want the soundtrack just as much
- Want to see Hideki Naganuma get his wish and contribute some DLC tunes
- Want Inklings in Smash NOW versus later **** patience
- Want to see Nintendo do more things in game genres they don't have currently

The Inklings in Smash would be so goddamn neat too. I'm imagining Elphelt (dunno how many Guilty Gear Xrd players there are in here) with all the crazy paint based mechanics from Splatoon and it's just so damn awesome. Best part? Customs could very easily be variations of the basics:

Neutral Special: Splattershot - High rate of fire, low range, medium hitstun
Neutral Special 2: Charger - Low rate of fire, maximum range, high hitstun, can enter a stance to further aim it/angle it
Neutral Special 3: Roller - Melee range attack, enter stance to run around mowing people over with it
Forward Special: Grenade - Similar to Snake's grenades in how you can lob them and they detonate over time.
Forward Special 2: Splat Bombs - Explode on contact
Forward Special 3: ???
Down Special: Squid Mode: Travel through ink in any direction and refill ink shooters
Down Special 2: Squid Slide: Vanquish like power slide boost along the floor wherever there's ink, can only move forward
Down Special 3: Squid Flip: Command back dash/flips and tucks into a nearby pool of ink (
Up Special: Rocket Jump: Blasts into the air to reappear on a marked spot of the floor (or just a good distance jump)
Up Special 2: Far Rocket Jump: Uses all your ink to propel itself further
Up Special 3: Offensive Rocket Jump: Spins in mid air flashing ink in a drill manner
I made a moveset for inkling too, it's on deviantart and smash boards. the deviantart version is updated

Creativion

Smash Apprentice
BY THE WAY
Just saw a lot of Splatoon game footage and some of the direct and it looks awesome. It would be cool to have an Inkling as a playable character. I will support
This means you can add me to the supporter list, please!

Sonsa

Smash Champion
To give ya hope we're getting Inklings sooner rather than later, it's a fair point that the smash team would hold off and put them in smash 5... except Sakurai doesn't want a smash 5. He doesn't like sequels much, and I'm sure he's pretty happy with the arrangement he has now. A game her put so much blood sweat and tears into that he can just update every once in a while.

So I'm sure anything considered for "smash 5" he'd love to get over with now haha~

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
But it is not up to Sakurai to decide when the next Smash will come. Assuming the assumption (?) Nintendo is retiring the Wii U in ~2 years at most is correct, I think we might not be that far away from the next Smash, with or without Samurai as the director. Still, I hope we get Inkling as DLC in Smash 4.

Asian_Charizard

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3351-4223-6174
With the Inklings becoming costumes in smash, anybody else worried about their chances or am I just too anxious? :/

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
With the Inklings becoming costumes in smash, anybody else worried about their chances or am I just too anxious? :/
Some are. Basically all of our merit for getting in as Smash 4 DLC can also be warranted reasons to "Save them" for Smash 5.
It's all a matter of how much we impact the Ballot and the decisions of Sakurai ~ Nintendo.

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
So on my way to work today, I found myself brainstorming what an Inkling moveset might be like. I think I came up with some good ideas.

Inkling for Smash 4 Character Moveset by Carrill

Summary of Playstyle

The half-squid, half-human children from Splatoon, the Inkling would likely play as a sort of hit-and-run with rather unorthodox projectile usage and polarizing stats. Unlike Megaman or Samus, the Inkling’s power does not rest in her projectiles as they are very weak. Instead, her projectiles allow her to mark territory within the stage in the form of a pool of ink. By claiming territory, the Inkling can use more powerful close-range attacks like Squid Form and the Super Jump. Her mobility also drastically increases, giving the player the ability to very quickly retreat or pursue the opponent.

The ability to lay ink on the stage however, is a limited one. While her various ink-based attacks allow her to lay ink down on the stage, only one pool of ink can exist at a given time. If the Inkling uses an ink-based move with another pool of ink already on the stage, the previous pool of ink will spontaneously disappear as the new one is made. In addition, pools of ink only remain for about 8 seconds before disappearing into nothing.

Stats

Height: Short (think Mario’s height)

Weight: Light (think Zelda/Sheik’s weight)

Run Speed: Slow (think Zelda’s run speed)
*Moves faster with Squid Form (requires ink)

Power: Generally weak with below average knockback
*Squid Form and Super Jump are huge exceptions (requires ink)

Special Attacks

Neutral Special: Splat Bomb The Inkling draws her sub weapon, the Splat Bomb by spawning the item in her hand. Counting as an item, the player can press either the B button or the A button, to throw it. It has a large blast radius, lays ink, and deals a moderate amount of damage and knockback.

Side Special: Splatterscope – The Inkling draws her Splatterscope weapon as a small targeting reticle appears before her. Similar to Din’s Fire, the player can move this reticle across the screen to aim—however they are offered much greater freedom in this, given the ability to move the reticle backwards as well. The hitbox is highly polarizing. This move provides great damage and kill potential if aimed perfectly right. Anything less is mediocre. Lays a small amount of ink on the stage.

Up Special: Super Jump – Morphing into squid form, the Inkling leaps into the air and crashes back down. Depending on whether or not the player has a pool of ink laid down on the stage, the effectiveness of this recovery move is highly polarizing. With no pool of ink laid on the stage, the Super Jump covers a short vertical distance with no hitbox. With it, the Super Jump will return the Inkling to that exact spot regardless of how far away she is from it, also providing great damage and kill potential. The Inkling’s side special, Splatterscope can be used prior to cover a particularly far distance.

Down Special: Squid Form – The Inkling morphs into squid form. If standing above a pool of ink, she can descend into it and drastically minimize her hurtbox. After descending into ink with the B button held, the player can move left or right to swim in ink. This allows the Inkling to move at a significantly increased speed (think Captain Falcon) and also run with a strong hitbox. While swimming through ink, the player can also press the jump button to hop out of the ink, moving at a high speed with yet another hitbox. Both these hitboxes have kill potential. Versatile both offensively and defensively. With no pool of ink underneath her, the Inkling simply flails around in squid form helplessly for a brief moment.

Standard Attacks

A Combo: Two gun bashes, followed by a barrage of close-range Splattershot bursts. Multiple hits and a finisher. Lays a small amount of ink down on the stage.

Dash Attack: Dynamo Roller – The Inkling draws her Dynamo Roller weapon, attacking enemies in a forward charge dealing moderate damage and multiple hits. Lays ink down on the stage. This can be followed with Squid Form for a quick retreat.

Forward Tilt: A swing of with the Inkling’s weapon with it held at its end for greater range.

Up Tilt: A vertical swing of the Inkling’s weapon, yet again held by its end for range.

Down Tilt: A swift and nimble drop kick.

Forward Smash: Splattershot – The Inkling fires her Splattershot weapon, sending out five projectiles in succession that each deal weak damage but lasting hitstun. Lays ink down on the stage. Similar to Little Mac’s forward smash, the player can inch the analog stick a little bit up or down to alter the arc of the projectile fire. It’s an effective edgeguarding tool and can be followed with Squid Form for a kill.

Up Smash: Splattershot – The Inkling fires her Splattershot weapon again, this time vertically sending out five projectiles in rapid succession, each travelling in an arc. Deals weak damage and knockback. Unlikely to lay down ink (unless there’s a ceiling present) with less squid-based options to follow up with. It does however allow for some aerial follow-ups with its lasting hitstun.

Down Smash: Dynamo Roller – Drawing her Dynamo Roller weapon, the Inkling runs in a circle while mowing down all targets in the way and laying ink. Moderate damage but zero knockback. Instead, it buries targets into the ground, leaving them vulnerable to succeeding hits (think Villager’s down smash). Can be followed up with Squid Form or Super Jump for a kill.

Neutral Aerial: A spin of the tentacles after a quick change into squid-form in mid-air. Multiple hits.

Forward Aerial: A downward aerial gun bash with the weapon held at its end for greater range. Deals moderate damage with a hitbox that spikes (think Mario’s forward aerial). Some start-up lag.

Backward Aerial: A backward aerial gun bash with the weapon held at its end for greater range. Deals less damage than the previous attack with no spike but lacks the same amount of lag.

Up Aerial: Splatterscope – Drawing her Splatterscope weapon in midair, a small targeting reticle appears above her as the Inkling fires a single shot of ink upwards. An accurately sweetspotted hit yields a high kill potential attack. Some start-up lag.

Down Aerial: Dynamo Roller – Drawing her Dynamo Roller weapon in midair, the Inkling crashes down into the ground, laying ink below her. Moderate damage with decent knockback.

Grab: The Inkling quickly morphs into squid form, wrapping its target in its tentacles.

Forward Throw: After tossing her foe forward, the Inkling quickly morphs back into human form to fire with a Splattershot five successive times. Lays ink on the ground and can be followed with Squid Form.

Backward Throw: After tossing her foe behind her, the Inkling quickly morphs back into human form to fire a single shot of the Splatterscope at her target. Has great kill potential.

Up Throw: The Inkling simply tosses her opponent upward, soon changing back to human form.

Down Throw: The Inkling slams her foe toward the ground, morphing back into human form to draw her Dynamo Roller weapon, trampling over her foe with multiple hits and moderate damage. Lays ink.

Pummel: The Inkling constricts its foe with its tentacles to deal minor damage.

Final Smash: Killer Wail – The Inkling draws her equipped special weapon, the Killer Wail. Laying the weapon in front of her, she promptly shuts her ears, turning her head as a deadly explosion of noise erupts in her opponents’ path. Think Mario, Samus, or Wii Fit Trainer’s Final Smash.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yeah, so I've come to the inclusion Inkling is going to be in Smash eventually. It's going to happen. Maybe not now, but one day, it will happen. Splatoon will be successful, Splatoon will become the new Pikmin/Animal Crossing, and Inklings will become one of Nintendo's mascot. Mark my words.

Last edited:

mark welford

Smash Ace
Last Friday when I was at my grandma's house I saw a commercial for Splatoon on Nickelodeon I gasped real loudly in excitement! The reason I went over there is to watch my team play because the playoffs are going on in the NBA.

Spyro839

Smash Cadet
So on my way to work today, I found myself brainstorming what an Inkling moveset might be like. I think I came up with some good ideas.

Inkling for Smash 4 Character Moveset by Carrill

Summary of Playstyle

The half-squid, half-human children from Splatoon, the Inkling would likely play as a sort of hit-and-run with rather unorthodox projectile usage and polarizing stats. Unlike Megaman or Samus, the Inkling’s power does not rest in her projectiles as they are very weak. Instead, her projectiles allow her to mark territory within the stage in the form of a pool of ink. By claiming territory, the Inkling can use more powerful close-range attacks like Squid Form and the Super Jump. Her mobility also drastically increases, giving the player the ability to very quickly retreat or pursue the opponent.

The ability to lay ink on the stage however, is a limited one. While her various ink-based attacks allow her to lay ink down on the stage, only one pool of ink can exist at a given time. If the Inkling uses an ink-based move with another pool of ink already on the stage, the previous pool of ink will spontaneously disappear as the new one is made. In addition, pools of ink only remain for about 8 seconds before disappearing into nothing.

Stats

Height: Short (think Mario’s height)

Weight: Light (think Zelda/Sheik’s weight)

Run Speed: Slow (think Zelda’s run speed)
*Moves faster with Squid Form (requires ink)

Power: Generally weak with below average knockback
*Squid Form and Super Jump are huge exceptions (requires ink)

Special Attacks

Neutral Special: Squid Form – The Inkling morphs into squid form. If standing above a pool of ink, she can descend into it and drastically minimize her hurtbox. After descending into ink with the B button held, the player can move left or right to swim in ink. This allows the Inkling to move at a significantly increased speed (think Captain Falcon) and also run with a strong hitbox. While swimming through ink, the player can also press the jump button to hop out of the ink, moving at a high speed with yet another hitbox. Both these hitboxes have kill potential. Versatile both offensively and defensively. With no pool of ink underneath her, the Inkling simply flails around in squid form helplessly for a brief moment.

Side Special: Splatterscope – The Inkling draws her Splatterscope weapon as a small targeting reticle appears before her. Similar to Din’s Fire, the player can move this reticle across the screen to aim—however they are offered much greater freedom in this, given the ability to move the reticle backwards as well. The hitbox is highly polarizing. This move provides great damage and kill potential if aimed perfectly right. Anything less is mediocre. Lays a small amount of ink on the stage.

Up Special: Super Jump – Morphing into squid form, the Inkling leaps into the air and crashes back down. Depending on whether or not the player has a pool of ink laid down on the stage, the effectiveness of this recovery move is highly polarizing. With no pool of ink laid on the stage, the Super Jump covers a short vertical distance with no hitbox. With it, the Super Jump will return the Inkling to that exact spot regardless of how far away she is from it, also providing great damage and kill potential. The Inkling’s side special, Splatterscope can be used prior to cover a particularly far distance.

Down Special: Ink Charge – If standing above a pool of ink, the Inkling will descend into the pool this time, using it to replenish her ink. To be clear, there is no limited ammo system in this moveset. Instead, this special move increases the damage of all the Inkling’s ink-based attacks. As she descends into the pool, a gauge will fill above her. If the player can fill this gauge before getting hit, they will receive a limited time power buff for all ink-based attacks (think Wii Fit Trainer’s Deep Breathing).

Standard Attacks

A Combo: Two gun bashes, followed by a barrage of close-range Splattershot bursts. Multiple hits and a finisher. Lays a small amount of ink down on the stage.

Dash Attack: Dynamo Roller – The Inkling draws her Dynamo Roller weapon, attacking enemies in a forward charge dealing moderate damage and multiple hits. Lays ink down on the stage. This can be followed with Squid Form for a quick retreat.

Forward Tilt: A swing of with the Inkling’s weapon with it held at its end for greater range.

Up Tilt: A vertical swing of the Inkling’s weapon, yet again held by its end for range.

Down Tilt: A swift and nimble drop kick.

Forward Smash: Splattershot – The Inkling fires her Splattershot weapon, sending out five projectiles in succession that each deal weak damage but lasting hitstun. Lays ink down on the stage. Similar to Little Mac’s forward smash, the player can inch the analog stick a little bit up or down to alter the arc of the projectile fire. It’s an effective edgeguarding tool and can be followed with Squid Form for a kill.

Up Smash: Splattershot – The Inkling fires her Splattershot weapon again, this time vertically sending out five projectiles in rapid succession, each travelling in an arc. Deals weak damage and knockback. Unlikely to lay down ink (unless there’s a ceiling present) with less squid-based options to follow up with. It does however allow for some aerial follow-ups with its lasting hitstun.

Down Smash: Dynamo Roller – Drawing her Dynamo Roller weapon, the Inkling runs in a circle while mowing down all targets in the way and laying ink. Moderate damage but zero knockback. Instead, it buries targets into the ground, leaving them vulnerable to succeeding hits (think Villager’s down smash). Can be followed up with Squid Form or Super Jump for a kill.

Neutral Aerial: A spin of the tentacles after a quick change into squid-form in mid-air. Multiple hits.

Forward Aerial: A downward aerial gun bash with the weapon held at its end for greater range. Deals moderate damage with a hitbox that spikes (think Mario’s forward aerial). Some start-up lag.

Backward Aerial: A backward aerial gun bash with the weapon held at its end for greater range. Deals less damage than the previous attack with no spike but lacks the same amount of lag.

Up Aerial: Splatterscope – Drawing her Splatterscope weapon in midair, a small targeting reticle appears above her as the Inkling fires a single shot of ink upwards. An accurately sweetspotted hit yields a high kill potential attack. Some start-up lag.

Down Aerial: Dynamo Roller – Drawing her Dynamo Roller weapon in midair, the Inkling crashes down into the ground, laying ink below her. Moderate damage with decent knockback.

Grab: The Inkling quickly morphs into squid form, wrapping its target in its tentacles.

Forward Throw: After tossing her foe forward, the Inkling quickly morphs back into human form to fire with a Splattershot five successive times. Lays ink on the ground and can be followed with Squid Form.

Backward Throw: After tossing her foe behind her, the Inkling quickly morphs back into human form to fire a single shot of the Splatterscope at her target. Has great kill potential.

Up Throw: The Inkling simply tosses her opponent upward, soon changing back to human form.

Down Throw: The Inkling slams her foe toward the ground, morphing back into human form to draw her Dynamo Roller weapon, trampling over her foe with multiple hits and moderate damage. Lays ink.

Pummel: The Inkling constricts its foe with its tentacles to deal minor damage.

Final Smash: Killer Wail – The Inkling draws her equipped special weapon, the Killer Wail. Laying the weapon in front of her, she promptly shuts her ears, turning her head as a deadly explosion of noise erupts in her opponents’ path. Think Mario, Samus, or Wii Fit Trainer’s Final Smash.
I made a moveset as well

Inkling would be a long range character who uses the splatter gun at long range, but can be stronger in close range.If ink shots miss then it will land on the floor and stay on the ground until it fades away or sprayed with any move that involves water. Most moves like her jab would involve the splatter shot (default weapon in splatoon). One more thing, she has the ink mechanic from splatoon, so as u use the splatter shot, the ink tank on her back will deplete as she uses the ink moves.

Movement:
Movement will depend if there is ink on the stage.

Dash: A faster run that rivals mario

Dash attack: Inkling will launch herself using a strong Ink Shot to perform a tackle move

Movesets:

Jab- Splattershot: A multi-hit move that you can hold as long as you can, but will deplete your ink tank by 5% by each shot.

Tilts:

F-tilt- Splattershot: Similar to megaman, she will move forward while using the splattershot. Depletes ink tank by 5%

U-tilt-Splattershot: She will aim her splattershot upwards and if it misses, then the ink will fall down and land on the ground. Depletes ink tank by 5%

D-tilt-Splattershot: She will shoot ink diagonally downwards covering the area in front of her. Depletes ink tank by 5%

Smashes:

F-smash-Blaster shot:She will pull out the blaster which will travel a short distance, then explode unless it hit's the opponent. Depletes 15% of the ink tank

U-smash- Killer Wail:will summon a smaller version of the killer wail, which will travel a long distance upwards, similar to palutena's U-smash

D-smash-Sprinkler:Will summon an ink sprinkler that will stay around for 3 seconds. Depletes 60% of the ink tank

Aerials:

Fair- Splattershot Jr:Will shoot one ink shot with the Splattershot Jr. Depletes 5% of the ink tank

U-air- Splattershot Pro: will shoot two ink shots with the Splattershot Pro. Depletes 8% of the ink tank

Bair- 5.2 gallon: She will shoot one ink shot with the 5.2 gallon blaster. Depletes 5% of the ink tank

Dair-Squid Blast: Inkling will transform into a squid which will launch her upwards a little as she shoots a downward ink blast. Can Meteor Smash if opponent is underneath her

Nair:Squid Rotation- a multi-hit attack in which Inkling will transform into a squid then rotate in a circle similar to pikachu's bair. Traps in players as they get
attacked

Grabs:

Grab-Inkling will reach out and grab the opponent

Pummel-Inkling will start hitting the opponent with the splatter shot

F-throw-Inkling will shot a strong blast from the splattershot that will knock the opponent forward. Depletes 5% of ink tank

U-throw- Inkling turns upside down in squid form shooting the opponent upward

B-throw- Inkling shoots opponent backwards with the Ink Charger

D-throw-Inkling turns into a squid, and spins on the opponents back like a drill

Ledge options:

Ledge attack- Inkling will tackle opponent with splattershot

Ledge roll-Inkling will turn into a squid and slide along the floor.If there's ink on the floor, then Inkling will slide on the floor into the ink until it reaches the range the roll goes

Special Moves:

Neutral B- Ink bomb-Inkling will throw a ink bomb that will shortly explode in 2 seconds. Depletes 75% of the ink tank

Side B- Ink roller- Inkling pulls out the ink roller and pushes it across the stage until you let go of the B button. Depletes 3% of the ink tank as B button is held. If you perform side B like a smash attack, Inkling will just slam the Ink Roller down and will launch ink as the roller is slammed onto the ground.

Up B-Squid Jump- Somewhat Similar to Diddy Kong and Mii Gunner's Up B, Inkling charges up its ink then launches at whatever angle you aim

Down B- Ink Swim-This is the most important special move in Inkling's arsenal. Since ink that missed its target are splattered on the ground, Inkling can swim in the ink and stay as long as you want to. While swimming in ink, it refills your ink tank.

Final Smash:

Kraken- Inkling transforms into a giant squid, plowing into anything that touches it, press the jump button to perform a leaping barrel roll

Custom Special Moves:

Neutral B 2-Suction Bomb- A sticky bomb that can attatch to any surface including other players.

Neutral B 3-Ink shower- A one way shield in which no projectile can go through it but you can attack through it

Side B 2-Inkbrush- Increases the speed of the special move but decreases in power. Perform like a smash attack and Inkling will perform 2 swipes with the paintbrush

Up B 2-Ink Tackle- Squid Jump increases in damage, but decreases in height

Up B 3- Ink launcher- Similar to Pits Up B, an Ink Launch Pad will appear underneath Inkling and send her flying farther than her regular Up B

Down B 2-Speed swim- Inkling travels faster in ink, but gathers ink more slowly

Down B 3-Ink colllector-Inkling can collect ink faster ,but loses speed once in squid form

ETC.

Taunts:

Side taunt- Inkling's hair will start to light up then return to normal

Up taunt- Inkling will transform into squid form as she performs a breakdance move on the tip of her head

Down Taunt- Inkling will check both sides with Splattershot in ready postition

Last edited:

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Add me to the support list! Loved the Splatoon demo, put down for a pre-order!

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Roller OP, plz buff. Completely irrelevant, but I really wanted to say that.

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
I've posted on here a bunch and I completely forgot to ask to add me to the supporters list, so uhhh yeah, do that please.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
I agree, after playing the demo, we have a better idea on how to work on Inklings for Smash. Side B on ground for roller please! And yes Kraken as final smash.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Am I the only one who's secretly hoping for a chance to play as the octoling as an alt skin in Splatoon? It would seem like a waste of a good character model if they were just enemies. Maybe you could unlock them after you beat the single player campaign? It would be cool to see Inkling and octoling team ups in an online environment as well. Just pick your character model, and play! Plus, it would be cool to see an octoling boy for a change too. If this isn't planned already, they should def have an upcoming Splatoon DLC for octoling alt skins for online play. If they went with this idea, it would also be amazing to see the octolings as an alt skin for Smash Bros. Inklings as well!

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
I'd switch Squid Form to Down-Special, IMO it would make playing Inkling more natural.
Yeah. I was considering that but I didn't make it that way for some reason. No idea. xD

I think I'll go and change it.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Remember when people such as myself were like, "Hey! Splatoon is awesome! Inklings have so much potential!" before the beta?

Look at the amount of people saying the same thing now. I'm a Splatoon hipster :troll:

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Can someone add me to the support list. I can't believe I never asked this.
You're already on it. I was about to add you a second time. We've got so many supporters it's hard to keep up with them all.
Edit: By my last count it's 138 supporters as of the most recent update. Wow.

Last edited:

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
Right. I played the Splatoon Demo and I think it was amazing. I am superhyped and Splatoon is my 2nd most wanted character in smash (behind Rayman).I'm so hyped I'm even working on a drawing.
(sneak peak)

Add me to that support list!

Spyro839

Smash Cadet
Am I the only one who's secretly hoping for a chance to play as the octoling as an alt skin in Splatoon? It would seem like a waste of a good character model if they were just enemies. Maybe you could unlock them after you beat the single player campaign? It would be cool to see Inkling and octoling team ups in an online environment as well. Just pick your character model, and play! Plus, it would be cool to see an octoling boy for a change too. If this isn't planned already, they should def have an upcoming Splatoon DLC for octoling alt skins for online play. If they went with this idea, it would also be amazing to see the octolings as an alt skin for Smash Bros. Inklings as well!
I had the octoling as an alt on my deviant art journal of the inkling in smash thing

Also did u like the moveset I came up with

Last edited:

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
You're already on it. I was about to add you a second time. We've got so many supporters it's hard to keep up with them all.
Edit: By my last count it's 138 supporters as of the most recent update. Wow.
Could you add me in? :) Don't think I'm on the list yet.

Reila

FYI a second testfire (demo) was announced for the 23th. Get ready for more Splatoon goodness!

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Remember when people such as myself were like, "Hey! Splatoon is awesome! Inklings have so much potential!" before the beta?

Look at the amount of people saying the same thing now. I'm a Splatoon hipster :troll:
Smash fanbase never knows what it really wants until it either gets put in the games or the characters themselves get a game in the interim between releases. I thought this was one of the ten commandments of internet video game discussions. :p

On another note, after seeing some ballin' art of a paintbrush using Inkling:

I now want paintbrush for all of the character's Smash attacks. I am an absolute sucker for attacks with cool looking arcs. Guess that's why I love sword fighters so much. :p

As a bonus, here's Green Inkling in Hero Suit:

This series lends itself to some great fan art.

Reila

The paintbrush is so cool. I hope to god this weapon doesn't suck in Splatoon.

Top Bottom