• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inkling for Smash! Let's Make Like Squid and Migrate!

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
People seem to forget that Wonder Red also has several trophies as well and so does Rayman and they still get support, so I don't see why Splatoon getting them means we can't still support the Inklings. Even if they have Mii Fighter costumes and trophy it just means that Nintendo approves of them being in Smash for now as cameos. Who knows, you guys can't really say their chances are dead the things this community comes up with fans take fan theories way too seriously like their real deal at times and think it's the right reason. If anything this just proves that they weren't pre-considered.

Reds94

Smash Cadet
Does anyone have a good Mii Inkling that I'll be able to use for the Smash Costume?

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
No, the way the mii costumes were addressed. During the review, they didn't say "Inkling boy and Inkling girl COSTUMES". They just said "Inkling Boy and Inkling Girl", like they did with all of the mii fighter costumes, while also being grouped with new fighters
Before showing off any of the costumes they mentioned that they were costumes for the Mii fighters. I don't see how that hurts their chances of being added as a ballot character.

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
The "They should wait until the next Smash Bros. before adding them" argument doesn't work. Sakurai has openly stated that he always develops Smash assuming it's going to be the last entry, so he never saves anything for the next game.

If Sakurai feels the Inkling is worth of being in Smash now, he WILL add the Inkling as DLC.
This isn't entirely true. Other regions Ballots mention you are voting for possible DLC characters AND for future Smash installments. Also you have things like Wario not being added in Melee even though he was popular because Sakurai thought he would be adding to many Mario characters in one game and he should wait. He does for the most part develop these games as if it is the final entry but he has made a few exceptions where he saw fit. I think it has more to do with what he feels is best for the series of Smash as a whole; hence his sometimes weird stances or contradicting statements.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
It might be a good idea to put some pro-Inkling drawings in the Mii Gunner Miiverse board.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
If it was a deconfirmation, the mods would have this thread closed.
Don't get me wrong, I don't think they are deconfirmed. In fact, I think they WILL be available via DLC. It's just that this Mii costume is awesome and I wanted to take a picture.
You should care less about who the mods consider deconfirmed. I honestly think nobody is deconfirmed when you are running a post-release popularity poll.

And if this thread DOES get locked there is always my group we can campaign from for "deconfirmed" characters :shades:

I really dont like miis so i have no reason to buy the costume. At all.

Even if it looks great :sadeyes:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Don't get me wrong, I don't think they are deconfirmed. In fact, I think they WILL be available via DLC. It's just that this Mii costume is awesome and I wanted to take a picture.
You should care less about who the mods consider deconfirmed. I honestly think nobody is deconfirmed when you are running a post-release popularity poll.
Sorry.

It seemed like you were trollingly saying "Hey, guys. They're totally playable."

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Sorry.

It seemed like you were trollingly saying "Hey, guys. They're totally playable."
If there's one group of people you can count on to support a character in a "currently incarnated in Smash" situation, it's Takamaru supporters. We'd never do that to anyone knowing our own predicament. :lol

Spyro839

Smash Cadet
He's a 13 yr old that doesn't understand what makes a character unique.

PS - I'm 14 don't understand why its so hard for him to understand uniqueness of a character.
Unlike that kid I'm a 13 yr old who understands a characters's uniqueNESS.

Just squint your eyes, and you won't be able to tell the difference.
Quick question, how did u get that line between their eyes

Last edited:

Reds94

Smash Cadet
Does anyone have a good Mii Inkling that I'll be able to use for the Smash Costume?
Just squint your eyes, and you won't be able to tell the difference.
That's a really well done Mii. Mind sharing the QR Code? And have you tried the smug mouth yet, the one with the smirk? I bet that'd finish the Mii really well.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Quick question, how did u get that line between their eyes
With a mustache.

That's a really well done Mii. Mind sharing the QR Code? And have you tried the smug mouth yet, the one with the smirk? I bet that'd finish the Mii really well.
I personally preferred this mouth, but I'm starting to think the smirk might be better. I'm not sure how to share QR codes.

Reds94

Smash Cadet
With a mustache.

I personally preferred this mouth, but I'm starting to think the smirk might be better. I'm not sure how to share QR codes.
You can go to the Mii page and press share I believe. Then it'll give you a QR code. From there you can take a picture of it and it should work for scanning if the picture is clear enough.

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
Also June 17 11:00 , new weapons , " Ritter 3K custom " is added .
The weapon that specializes in defense and support of fellow and charger with an overwhelming long-range "jump beacon" .
When you say the emergency is going Chiraso kick their opponents with a " giant squid " .
So it's a Custom E-liter 3K with a Squid Beacon and a Kraken. Why not call it a Krak-On E-liter 3K?

11:00 June 17 tomorrow , new weapon " L3 Rirugan " is added .
It is a shooter to fire three rounds of bullets in one trigger .
It is necessary to get used to the unique performance, hit accuracy is high.
Sub " poison ball" , Special 's " megaphone laser " .
This is the L3-Nozzlenose, it has Disruptors and a Killer Wail, this doesn't sound that interesting imo.

These come out tonight at the time they always do.

Last edited:

TylerBlackRunIt

I'm from YouTube
3DS FC
2509-3601-8302
After reading the comments from my old Inkling video. I decide to redo the video. :facepalm:
I made this in photoshop :079:

The original video... :079:

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
This isn't entirely true. Other regions Ballots mention you are voting for possible DLC characters AND for future Smash installments. Also you have things like Wario not being added in Melee even though he was popular because Sakurai thought he would be adding to many Mario characters in one game and he should wait. He does for the most part develop these games as if it is the final entry but he has made a few exceptions where he saw fit. I think it has more to do with what he feels is best for the series of Smash as a whole; hence his sometimes weird stances or contradicting statements.
Interesting how that is only mentioned in other regions. You'd think that would be an important detail that everyone should know so they have a better idea of where their character vote may end up. It also hints that Nintendo doesn't intend to end the Smash franchise any time soon even if Sakurai decides to step down as director.
If there's one group of people you can count on to support a character in a "currently incarnated in Smash" situation, it's Takamaru supporters. We'd never do that to anyone knowing our own predicament. :lol
I know that feel. Being a dedicated supporter of a character that no one else believes can make it in. People say that assist trophy characters can't be put in and that Takamaru is a no-go, and others say that the 3DS limitations that held back the Ice Climbers during initial development was the one and only nail in their coffin. It's not easy dealing with all those nonbelievers. Then all these stigmas are attached to characters, for example: "Ridley is too big." "Chrom is too ordinary." "Takamaru is too obscure." "Ice Climbers are 'impossible'" *smh*. etc. I would love it if Takamaru was added to Smash and it's heartbreaking knowing that he was considered multiple times and still never made it. But since this is the Inkling thread, I might as well leave it there. I think I'll stop by the Takamaru thread some time.

Onto Inklings now, I'm not sure if this was brought up, but considering the Inkling Mii outfits and the Inkling trophy came out alongside Roy, Ryu, and Lucas, who were added without the influence of the Ballot, it means the team wasn't too sure if fans really wanted them in. So they gave the outfits to the Gunner to test the waters (more puns) and simulate how they would look in Smash. Besides, these were in development before Splatoon came out, so Sakurai probably would've wanted a better idea on how they are in game when it was complete to be fully inspired. Saying the trophy and outfits deconfirm the Inklings is nothing more than nautical nonsense.

Spyro839

Smash Cadet
Interesting how that is only mentioned in other regions. You'd think that would be an important detail that everyone should know so they have a better idea of where their character vote may end up. It also hints that Nintendo doesn't intend to end the Smash franchise any time soon even if Sakurai decides to step down as director.

I know that feel. Being a dedicated supporter of a character that no one else believes can make it in. People say that assist trophy characters can't be put in and that Takamaru is a no-go, and others say that the 3DS limitations that held back the Ice Climbers during initial development was the one and only nail in their coffin. It's not easy dealing with all those nonbelievers. Then all these stigmas are attached to characters, for example: "Ridley is too big." "Chrom is too ordinary." "Takamaru is too obscure." "Ice Climbers are 'impossible'" *smh*. etc. I would love it if Takamaru was added to Smash and it's heartbreaking knowing that he was considered multiple times and still never made it. But since this is the Inkling thread, I might as well leave it there. I think I'll stop by the Takamaru thread some time.

Onto Inklings now, I'm not sure if this was brought up, but considering the Inkling Mii outfits and the Inkling trophy came out alongside Roy, Ryu, and Lucas, who were added without the influence of the Ballot, it means the team wasn't too sure if fans really wanted them in. So they gave the outfits to the Gunner to test the waters (more puns) and simulate how they would look in Smash. Besides, these were in development before Splatoon came out, so Sakurai probably would've wanted a better idea on how they are in game when it was complete to be fully inspired. Saying the trophy and outfits deconfirm the Inklings is nothing more than nautical nonsense.
And before splatoon was released, people said that inkling was too new to join smash. Let's not forget that roy appeared in melee before his game was released, so that statement is proven wrong. But this comment you made about inklings is a very interesting one, and the puns were spot-on. And who knows sakurai might surprise us like on sunday, and say inkling will be in smash. But what if they picked the most liked character (which might be inkling because of splatoons' popularity and amount of units sold). But just imagine if they announce her the month splatoons' update is finished, August. I would be real happy

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
And before splatoon was released, people said that inkling was too new to join smash. Let's not forget that roy appeared in melee before his game was released, so that statement is proven wrong. But this comment you made about inklings is a very interesting one, and the puns were spot-on. And who knows sakurai might surprise us like on sunday, and say inkling will be in smash. But what if they picked the most liked character (which might be inkling because of splatoons' popularity and amount of units sold). But just imagine if they announce her the month splatoons' update is finished, August. I would be real happy
Yeah Smash is no stranger when it comes to newborn characters :roymelee::4greninja:. Smash is about celebrating Nintendo's history, and its future is part of its history. Splatoon is a new IP conceived this generation. Similar to how Pikmin was a new IP in the GameCube era and was acknowledged ala trophies in Melee. If DLC was a thing back then, Olimar would be in it.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Yeah Smash is no stranger when it comes to newborn characters :roymelee::4greninja:. Smash is about celebrating Nintendo's history, and its future is part of its history. Splatoon is a new IP conceived this generation. Similar to how Pikmin was a new IP in the GameCube era and was acknowledged ala trophies in Melee. If DLC was a thing back then, Olimar would be in it.
Especially when Pikmin was Shiggy's little kid.
But yeah, if Inklings do well enough in the ballot there's not much truly stopping them.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Are people really saying this because there is a trophy in the game? You know who also had a trophy.

(BTW, that trophy is right from Splatoon which is likely why they added it)
No, if you bothered reading my other posts in this thread, you'd see I've been saying it since before the costumes were even revealed. I just said it again when the trophy was revealed.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Here's my Inkling Mii Fighter.

Man, I can't get over how good the costume actually looks. Really hoping they would pale in comparison to actual playable versions of them.

Top Bottom