• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inkling for Smash! Let's Make Like Squid and Migrate!

Burruni

Smash Hero
Here's my Inkling Mii Fighter.

Man, I can't get over how good the costume actually looks. Really hoping they would pale in comparison to actual playable versions of them.
Mod posts an image of Miinkling Gunner

Immediately fear that they're locking the thread.

Woo mornings.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
No, if you bothered reading my other posts in this thread, you'd see I've been saying it since before the costumes were even revealed. I just said it again when the trophy was revealed.
That's nice. Unless you have an actually arguement that's not "Trophy and Costume," I really don't care.

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
BLUEFIN DEPOT COMING TONIGHT!
other photos of Bluefin:

This'll be exciting, playing on a new map without any pictures to get a good idea on anything about it, A singleplayer level has it but I don't feel like going to an octoling level, they stress me out.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
This'll be exciting, playing on a new map without any pictures to get a good idea on anything about it, A singleplayer level has it but I don't feel like going to an octoling level, they stress me out.
you could try the octo striker level, but it isnt all that better i suppose

Mario123311

Smash Ace
The Mii costume didn't replace my gunners effects to Ink, I am disappoint.

...But anyways: I still say this character is much more deserving than alot IMO: While I like Nintendo's long running IP's... It feels kinda rare when we get a new fresh franchise.

see what I did dere?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
If Inklings were actually in Smash, they would have an original model made, whereas the Mii costume is just their model from Splatoon.
I don't think Sakurai's team would re-use models for fighters, even from other Wii U games, because creating a model compared to everything else they have to do to make a character isn't that hard.
(I think Jigglypuff may actually use it's Pokedex 3D model, but there isn't much you can do to make Jigglypuff look different)
Plus, there's the possibility Inklings actually have different costumes like Villager.

Spyro839

Smash Cadet
The Mii costume didn't replace my gunners effects to Ink, I am disappoint.

...But anyways: I still say this character is much more deserving than alot IMO: While I like Nintendo's long running IP's... It feels kinda rare when we get a new fresh franchise.

see what I did dere?
You should've said it feels kinda rare when we get a jelly fresh franchise

Graminthesalmon

Smash Cadet
I wonder if the Mii Fighter Costumes would effect Nintendo's decision on adding Inklings to the game. I'm excited by the concept, but Idk if Nintendo would be able to pull it off.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
I wonder if the Mii Fighter Costumes would effect Nintendo's decision on adding Inklings to the game. I'm excited by the concept, but Idk if Nintendo would be able to pull it off.
I think they are planning to but are most likely trying to tease us per usual and stuff. They have done so before.

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
1. I like the new map.
2. Where the hell did the trucks and my splatfest tee go?

Edit:
Unfortunately, a matchmaking issue was discovered in the first Japanese Splatfest that resulted in long wait times and players unable to join matches. We have been working on a solution but will need a little more time to resolve the issue. In order to ensure that fans have the best possible experience and can enjoy the fun they’ve come to expect from Splatoon, we have decided to postpone the first North American Splatfest. We’ll have details on a new date soon!
PO-PO-PO-PO .... POSTPONED?! (I'm actually glad they're doing this, they want us to have the best experience, they want an EVO 2013 for their first splatfest, not an MVG Sandstorm, and I like that.)

Last edited:

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
It's been kinda quiet in here. Too quiet...I was a little bummed that the Splatfest was cancelled but then again I didn't get to play at all this weekend.

Has anyone seen the recent "leak" for Splatoon?

Last edited:

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
It's been kinda quiet in here. Too quiet...I was a little bummed that the Splatfest was cancelled but then again I didn't get to play at all this weekend.

Has anyone seen the recent "leak" for Splatoon?
Here's a video and list of unreleased weapons for anyone interested.
weapon list:
Sploosh-o-matic – Squid Beakons & Killer Wail
Neo Sploosh-o-matic – Point Sensor & Kraken
Neo Splash-o-matic – Burst Bombs & Inkzooka
N-ZAP ’89 – Sprinkler & Inkstrikes
Custom Dual Squelcher – Squid Beakon & Killer Wail
Luna Blaster – Ink Mines & Inkzooka
Luna Blaster Neo – Splat Bombs & Bomb Rush
Range Blaster – Splash Wall & Inkstrike
Custom Range Blaster – Splat Bombs & Kraken
Rapid Blaster Pro – Seekers & Inkzooka
Rapid Blaster Pro Deco – Disruptors & Killer Wail
L-3 Nozzlenose D – Burst Bombs & Kraken
H-3 Nozzlenose – Suction Bombs & Echolocator
H-3 Nozzlenose D – Point Sensor & Inkzooka
Carbon Roller – Burst Bombs & Inkzooka
Carbon Roller Deco – Seekers & Bomb Rush
Inkbrush Nouveau – Ink Mines & Bubbler
Octobrush – Squid Beakons & Kraken
Octobrush Nouveau – Splat Bombs & Inkzooka
Bloblobber
T_BigBall_Strong01
Triple Bloblobber
T_BigBall_Diffusion01
Bomlobber
T_BigBall_Launcher01
E-liter 3K Scope
Custom E-liter 3K Scope
Bamboozler 14 Mk I
Bamboozler 14 Mk II
T_Gatling_Standard00
T_Gatling_Standard01
T_Gatling_Hyper00
T_Gatling_Hyper01
33 weapons, oh my gosh, that's a lot.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
My final Smash Ballot vote goes to the Inklings. This is what I wrote for them
Ever since I saw the Inklings in action at E3, I've always wanted to see such an original concept explored in Super Smash Bros. They could provide one of the most unique fighter experiences, being able to manouver through their ink at high speeds in Squid form and a versatile artillery in human form, including the Splattershot or the Splat Roller. Coupled with the success of Splatoon, I believe the Inklings have the potential become one of the most interesting weapon based characters in Super Smash Bros!
I also asked my sister if she could lend a hand in the vote too, so there's two votes for them. Stay fresh, squid kids!

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
So you guys, the Inklings are getting rated in the Rate their chances thread. They are more than likely are getting a low scores, but I wouldn't count them out because of the costumes it just seems like a BS reason to exclude a character and a popular one at that.

Last edited:

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
I'm abstaining from rating them because I have no idea what the costumes actual mean.
Doesn't mean I do not support, far from it.
I'm waiting till September to vote, but I don't see why all of you fear of the thread getting closed, I'm sure the mods here are fully aware that Inkling is like Top 3 in ballot picks.

Also here's what Rainmaker mode is according to the leaks:
In Rainmaker, both teams compete
to snag the Rainmaker. Once you've got it, the goal is to
carry it into the other team's base!

So as soon as the battle begins,
grab that Rainmaker!

It's guarded by a shield, though,
so you'll need to bust it out first.

Once you snag it, head for the other
team's base. And be quick about it!

If you run out of time or get splatted,
the Rainmaker will be dropped. Its shield will also reactivate.

The Rainmaker is crazy heavy, so you
can't Super Jump while carrying it. Your teammates will have to
watch your back!

The Rainmaker can also shoot ink like
an Inkzooka, so you can clear a path!

The closer you get to the enemy
base while holding the Rainmaker, the lower your goal distance will drop.

If the battle ends without anyone
carrying the Rainmaker to the goal, the team with the lowest
goal distance will win!
Mark my words, Forge Splattershot Pro will do wonders in this mode.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm waiting till September to vote, but I don't see why all of you fear of the thread getting closed, I'm sure the mods here are fully aware that Inkling is like Top 3 in ballot picks.
It's not about how popular they are, if they are classified as "deconfirmed" by the mods the thread is locked.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
There really is nothing to fear about this thread getting closed. There really is only three ways for this thread to get closed.

1. Sakurai says they can't be in this game. (Like currently and not in the past).
2. They become assist trophies.
3. They become bosses.

The reason that these three are the only things that can get this thread locked currently is because these are the only things that have deconfirmed things in the past.

Assist trophies are where "non-worthy" characters go and still be used. Bosses are bosses. Don't think we could see things like yellow devils, and even with things for Ridley, Sakurai has said no.

It really is this plain and simple. Things like trophies and costumes aren't a problem because it has been shown in the past to not affect the characters chances, even if you could think of a reason why it could with Inklings.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
And now they just took a heavy hit on the "Rate their chances" thread with people saying the Mii costumes and trophy deminish their chances... I'm more scared than ever now. ((Again, this is the only DLC character I really would buy. I honestly can't care for K. Rool or Issac IMO... Well, other than Slime I guess. Plus I already bought Ryu))

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I stopped caring about character discussion threads after a while. The reason being is that in the end it is very hard to get people to see your perspective. So there really isn't a point.

Same goes with Inklings, it's hard to show people why we believe the inklings are still in the running and why the costume and trophy might not actually effect anything.

Perspective is a thing thats hard to convey. Which is also why I don't let those ratings get to me. Not to mention things like 40 - 50% is still reasonable considering we don't know how the ballot works.

I don't pay mind to 0-15 because it's obvious people are taking the idea of costumes and trophy too far and don't even want to consider the idea that they don't actually mean anything.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
And now they just took a heavy hit on the "Rate their chances" thread with people saying the Mii costumes and trophy deminish their chances... I'm more scared than ever now. ((Again, this is the only DLC character I really would buy. I honestly can't care for K. Rool or Issac IMO... Well, other than Slime I guess. Plus I already bought Ryu))
Their chance score may have dropped but their want score is almost 10% higher than what it was originally so people do want them in somehow, but their so pessimistic about "other characters" some the characters that's being voted for shouldn't really happen in the game in some way shape, or form. Let's also not forget Sakurai is a very contradictive, can twist things around and can change his mind on certain content that gets in the game. We wouldn't have the costumes and the trophy if Sakurai knew that he or Nintendo, wanted some kind of Splatoon content. I still they have a chance and I'll wait until we see Super Smash Bors x Splatoon with a reveal trailer for the Inkling and a stage set.

Same goes with Inklings, it's hard to show people why we believe the inklings are still in the running and why the costume and trophy might not actually effect anything.

Perspective is a thing thats hard to convey. Which is also why I don't let those ratings get to me. Not to mention things like 40 - 50% is still reasonable considering we don't know how the ballot works.

@ CatRaccoonBL CatRaccoonBL I think fans try to be "logical" when it comes what characters may get in. Here's my thing no one I logical when it comes to predicting the roster. Most of these charcters that we want are realistic, pipe dreams, or just flat wrong that they don't have single inch of getting in. No one can predict Sakurai the man can change his mind at anytime about the Inkling if he really wanted to. It's the same with Roy people didn't think he'd make it back before the leak because of Roy Koppa. Which is a stupid reason to hold him even though I myself don't care for Roy, but even that was such a lame excuse to hold back a character and a popular one at that. This community comes up with stupid reasonings for certain characters it shouldn't the costumes is once again a stupid and BS reason to hold them back.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

@ CatRaccoonBL CatRaccoonBL I think fans try to be "logical" when it comes what characters may get in. Here's my thing no one I logical when it comes to predicting the roster. Most of these charcters that we want are realistic, pipe dreams, or just flat wrong that they don't have single inch of getting in. No one can predict Sakurai the man can change his mind at anytime about the Inkling if he really wanted to. It's the same with Roy people didn't think he'd make it back before the leak because of Roy Koppa. Which is a stupid reason to hold him even though I myself don't care for Roy, but even that was such a lame excuse to hold back a character and a popular one at that. This community comes up with stupid reasonings for certain characters it shouldn't the costumes is once again a stupid and BS reason to hold them back.
Quick question, did you try to quote me originally? :p

Of course we all try to be logical. It certainly hard to find a situation when we don't want to be. :3

But on a serious note, I don't think we need to be calling people stupid. Thats too harsh. Once again, perspective. People view things differently.

Also, they could've been right about Roy as silly as it is, and you wouldn't want people calling you stupid then right?

Likewise, in the end, maybe they are right about the costumes and trophies are a way of sakurai of putting splatoon content in the game without characters. There isn't anything that says they can't' be right. And there isn't anything saying we are right.

Of course, where we are standing, there isn't anything saying they are right. And there isn't anything saying we can't be right.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
new weapon tomorrow the lunar blaster

YEeeees! The weapon I wanted this quickly! <3

I'm guessing the front part changes color depending on the team, since it was grey in the data mine.

Speaking of post launch content, if Inklings get into smash, I don't expect the inklings to get moves based on too many post launch weapons. Mostly because the post launch content os meant to be more technical, and also not as advertised as much. It would better to incorporate more simple weapons into their movesets.

The only exception would be the ink brush, since that one was advertised for a long while, and is different enough from the roller to be incorporated into something else like a down-smash.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
My thoughts on the whole costume and trophy thing is this. It means Sakurai and his team aren't thinking about adding them right now. If they get enough support in the ballot, then they have a very good chance of being added. If Sakurai was already planning on them, he wouldn't have put in the costumes or trophy. And before you tell me about the Mewtwo and Lucas trophies, those were put in before they were decided on for DLC.

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
new weapon tomorrow the lunar blaster

Some more photos:

The Luna Blaster weapon will be added to Splatoon today at 7 PM PT! What it lacks in range, it more than makes up for in fire rate and explosive impact. This blaster-type weapon is perfect for getting up close and personal. For far away foes, build up that special gauge and blast ‘em with an Inkzooka, or ruin their day with a surprise Ink Mine!

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I'm getting a Lilo and Stitch and Space Channel 5 vibe from this weapon.
Gives off more of a Space Channel 5 vibe to me. Kinda reminds me of something from Ratchet and Clank though (I have no idea why, probably cuz space lol).
Well Lilo and Stitch and Space Channel 5 both pull from AstroPunk inspired tech so it makes sense.

I really can't wait to see it in action.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
http://gonintendo.com/stories/236859-splatoon-sells-1-million-copies-worldwide
Finally some sales clarification. This is good to know.

AvionFinch

Smash Cadet
It's funny looking back at the people saying Splatoon wouldn't hit 1 million in its entire lifetime.
And it hit it in less than a month.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
http://gonintendo.com/stories/236859-splatoon-sells-1-million-copies-worldwide
Finally some sales clarification. This is good to know.
JUDD! He needs to be an assist trophy. Don't know what he'd do but its Judd.

Top Bottom