• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inkling for Smash! Let's Make Like Squid and Migrate!

Quillion

Smash Hero
That's in their character what would they be without it, im basing it off the movesets you guys have given. i dont know why you guys cant quote.

Im a realist, I factor in every possibility, with this news a new possibility of them not getting in has arisen, smash spec is subjective. imo with all the things going for them, they also have some things against them. I say the cons slightly outweigh the pros. They have obstacles, and if for some reason splatoon doesn't do well... it'll just be another wall. Saying they'll be in but they definitely will not stay out IS denying possibility. They can be in sure, but with people lukewarm with them and even in the RTC they arent even in top 10 want. In a niche site.... with strong smash supporters no less. Once the bandwagons die down and your ballot competition grows, do you think they'll have a chance? Well see, but for now I lean to no. Ignoring someone who disagrees with you is petty, every support thread gets this its nothing new, rather try to convince me instead of saying "you're annoying go away! you detractors sux!".

Edit: And i even thought they would be pre-ballot selected, I thought they had a high chance due to promotional reasons, but with this news... its ballot or nothing and given the comp. I dont see it sorry.
Honestly, I've stopped being a realist after seeing all the ridiculous requests everyone has. Everyone's request is ridiculous in their own way, whether you like it or not.

It's far more worth it to be an optimist when it comes to a character wishlist.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I seriously thought we would get an Inkling reveal for Smash 4. Oh, well. I suppose the Mii Fighter outifits are good, too. Also, I'm in the group of people who thinks that all of this does NOT deconfirm the Inklings as Smash 4 DLC, and by that, I mean the REAL Inklings as playable characters. Heck, I'm still waiting on that long-awaited Inklings vs. Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings reveal trailer.:chuckle::b:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
I'm watching the direct for the seventh time today. I feel as if I'm missing information and I don't know why? Also I love how the direct was pretty much like a fun science documentary. I feel it fit the game perfectly. It was a fun direct even though it was mostly a recap with new things added.
P.S. Ted from BrainScratchComms supports the Inkling in Smash and Splatoon and also Derrick from GameXplain from their Top 5 Characters Smash Ballot video, Derrick said he'd be down for them as DLC in Smash 4. They have some exposure from big gaming press channels. So that's something.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Original director of Jet Set Radio had tweeted this last month and one of his comments states that a Jet Set Radio x Splatoon crossover would be a "dream project". Too bad the former series is in the grave with many of Sega's other non-Sonic IP's.

https://twitter.com/Hideki_Naganuma/status/585785661065531392

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

(Yeah it sucks JSR is slowly dying)
Wow. That would be amazing. : o

I do wonder if Nintendo would go for it. After all, jet set is kinda niche and not really even getting new games unlike things like SMT.

Also I love that song. :3

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I seriously thought we would get an Inkling reveal for Smash 4. Oh, well. I suppose the Mii Fighter outifits are good, too. Also, I'm in the group of people who thinks that all of this does NOT deconfirm the Inklings as Smash 4 DLC, and by that, I mean the REAL Inklings as playable characters. Heck, I'm still waiting on that long-awaited Inklings vs. Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings reveal trailer.:chuckle::b:
I think Mario with the F.L.U.D.D. vs the Inklings would be sweeter, but your idea's also good.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I think I've learned of my least favorite kind of detractor. >.>
What type is that if I may ask?

But yeah, on my end I really dislike how soon people are jumping ship.

You know, I can understand things like Ridley, assist trophies, etc. It's really hard to see how something that is already implemented as a significant feature can also be playable. I myself don't see them as likely either.

But these are just costumes. Costumes that have shown to be able to co-exist with characters as well. I mean, whats seriously the deal breaker here? The fact Inklings might not be 100% anymore? Oh no, they only 90, 80, 70, or whatever. What ever shall we do?

It really brings me down.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
What type is that if I may ask?
But yeah, on my end I really dislike how soon people are jumping ship.
You know, I can understand things like Ridley, assist trophies, etc. It's really hard to see how something that is already implemented as a significant feature can also be playable. I myself don't see them as likely either.
But these are just costumes. Costumes that have shown to be able to co-exist with characters as well. I mean, whats seriously the deal breaker here? The fact Inklings might not be 100% anymore? Oh no, they only 90, 80, 70, or whatever. What ever shall we do?
It really brings me down.
No, I mean people hating on this game on general.
I was hooked as soon as I learned of the premise of the game. Didn't even have to see legit gameplay. Everything about this game has increasingly impressed me and I love everything about it.

Then I see people saying that they "don't get why people are excited for this game" or that they think the character designs are "forgettable". It's really depressing that people don't appreciate good game or character design.

It might end up not being a good game, but that will have nothing to do with the game concept itself, but how it's executed. Because the idea behind this game is perfect and it could not have could at a better time.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I was hooked as soon as I learned of the premise of the game. Didn't even have to see legit gameplay. Everything about this game has increasingly impressed me and I love everything about it.

Then I see people saying that they "don't get why people are excited for this game" or that they think the character designs are "forgettable". It's really depressing that people don't appreciate good game or character design.

It might end up not being a good game, but that will have nothing to do with the game concept itself, but how it's executed. Because the idea behind this game is perfect and it could not have could at a better time.
This is part of why I'm such a big supporter for Splatoon.

This game is some of the most raw innovation and creativity that we have seen coming out of 1st party Nintendo since... :olimar: Late 2001 at the most recent.

I want this series to friggin THRIVE and Smash will cement their grounds.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

Oh yeah those people. I know what you mean, ESPECIALLY on Reddit. I remember going to the amiibo sub-reddit, and during when the splatoon amiibos were up, you would get constant statement like those.

It truly is annoying.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I seriously thought we would get an Inkling reveal for Smash 4.
I didn't because there was never a character reveal in a non general or Smash-related direct, but I wanted to be surprised anyway.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I didn't because there was never a character reveal in a non general or Smash-related direct, but I wanted to be surprised anyway.
Yeah, I was incredibly surprised to see the costumes.
Including Inklings right now would have been a huge gamble and I don't know if I would liked that.
I mean, we all Splatoon is going to be fantastic anyway, but still.

Yeah, I was incredibly surprised to see the costumes.
Including Inklings right now would have been a huge gamble and I don't know if I would liked that.
I mean, we all Splatoon is going to be fantastic anyway, but still.
there arent enough ink puns here

"inkredible"
"inkluding"

my inner terrible humor is angry.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Yeah, what's with ya octowusses? Can't ya sea we need more puns?

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
What do you guys think of Cali and Marie? It was definitely the weirdest part of the direct but I could tell it was based off Jpop, also I love the pun in their names.

Reila

What do you guys think of Cali and Marie? It was definitely the weirdest part of the direct but I could tell it was based off Jpop, also I love the pun in their names.
They have nice designs and nice punnie names (Calie and Marie, Calamari).

Burruni

Smash Hero
They're a very weird addition but with all the ways that they're trying to make this game stick out by throwing out ideas, one had to be a bit sour.

I'd prefer it to be pop-stars by night news anchors by day and basically are a frame for the Splat Fest system than anything that... you know, is a direct point of gameplay.

Reila

10 minutes until the ~demo~ is ~released~. My squid is ready for connection errors.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Guys, what are you still doing here? Splatoon Demo Round 1 in 5 minutes!

Top Bottom