• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Infinite Grab (Video now up on first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

waks

Smash Journeyman
O____________________o

Nice Find :D Though kinda situational, but still nice.

WIN

Smash Cadet
cool, but highly...highly situational. All the same, nice find bro.

and "lol" @ psycho's comment.

"I'm not cocky I swear" hehe, yaright.

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
you dare accuse the great psychomidget of being cocky?

shield your eyes for you are no longer privileged enough to gaze upon my posts

Cecilanius

Smash Journeyman
cool, but highly...highly situational.
I think you can move just a little bit during the grabs to get closer the person. So if you think you are too far away. You need to carefully move towards the other person.

Fox's stage can be an easy place to this grab. Three platforms and two edges. You just need to scare your opponent to go into that location.

Cecilanius

Smash Journeyman
Yes, it works with every ledge. But, I'm not sure about every character. I haven't got to try it to all characters. All I know is it works from the tall people like Ike, to the smaller people like Olimar.

S2

Smash Lord
Okay, so clarify for me...

is it possible to break out of this grab or is it a true infinite (assuming Snake doesn't make a mistake)?

Depressed Man

Smash Apprentice
From what people has tested so far (character size, moves, etc..) it seems to be an infinite unless Snake makes a mistake.

Squall_Leonhart

Smash Rookie
Nice find.

Could anyone check with another player if Ike's bAir can interrupt it? I've tried against the CPU and he manged to get out of it with Ike's bAir, It could have been my fault as I might have grabbed too late or something.. but just to make sure cause Ike's bAir is really fast.

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
Isn't it possible to fast fall to a ledge, like in melee?
Does that affect it?

Cecilanius

Smash Journeyman
Umm, Can't you just grab someone as they are doing the upB? If you move your position a little. maybe you can lessen the effects of the upB so there is no knock back by moving just a little~ bit.

Cecilanius

Smash Journeyman
It seems you can do it at different times. If you get it perfect, the other person cannot do anything about it. But, if you wait just a little bit, wario can do the upB. I usually grab at the top of the head to know if I am doing it at the right time or not. When I see myself grab a little lower,. I fix my beat on the grabbing.

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
Can you, or anyone else for that matter, make sure that it's possible to do it on every character. And if not, make a list of characters that you can't do it with? I'm too busy with school work right now to spend to much time on it.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I tested this out in training mode. This doesn't work on everyone. For this to work, the character must be at least Ness' height or they can fast fall to escape. Great Find though.

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
Yeah, I've been having problems with comps FFing out of this. I don't know why they are smart enough to do that. Seems like Sakurai spent too much time making the comps better instead of focusing on ATs. *sigh at incoming flames*

dr0go

Smash Apprentice
do comps always FF?because they probably always get it right but people dont so if you can always get out by FF then this move will depend on who makes a mistake first.whoever has more experience in this move whether it is aplying it or getting out of it doesnt matter since the one aplying it already did some damage while the one getting grabbed gained nothing which makes this a good move if you do it correctly.
NICE FIND!!!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I haven't read this thread, but I really hope people know that you can just airdodge out of this...

This doesn't work on any character. And I know I am doing it right.

Cecilanius

Smash Journeyman
I haven't read this thread, but I really hope people know that you can just airdodge out of this...

This doesn't work on any character. And I know I am doing it right.
It depends on where you drop the person sometimes. If it's a smaller person, farther away from the edge is a better spot to dthrow them than being right over the edge.

Well, you can do the same thing to get out of any chain grab. It's like a motion of using a wave dash but slower. It just has to be at a precise time. I've gotten out of Falco's chain grab on the second time my friend threw me down. Same with D3's grab.

StoleUrCar

Smash Journeyman
Argh my cousin plays lucas a lot and this is tough to do on him >.<

But awesome discovery:bee: I never really got to thank you cuz all that i posted here was that i was confused (b4 the vid was up lol). So thanks :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom