• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INDIANA thread, Register your names for the first post!

Mrobinson587

Smash Apprentice
over b of the edge FTW LOL... by the way you should add bloomington to your location thing like me a jeckyl

By the way I'm also working on 64 stuff so yeah purdue guy who wanted to do 64 come to the melee thing if we smash again. I have no idea what level i am at in that game. All I know is that in one month I am way better than a bunch of noobs and one not such a noob and i already am becoming an Isai... uhhh... prodigy... lol maybe not only with fox and pika

oh wow ball state has a girl smasher? we should have you play our girl smasher... lol

Two.Of.Hearts

Smash Apprentice
over b of the edge FTW LOL...
BIGs: Getting rest KO'd three times in less than 30 seconds FTW!!!1 heh.

FifthMan: You should definitely get on people about that ride... we'd love to have some company for a late night smash-a-thon.

Cunning/Iggy: I totally didn't mean to jack your remote. As soon as you confirm that address, I'll ship it back.

Mrobinson587

Smash Apprentice
I assume you are talking about the pichu, the lightest charecter in the game btw, match vs falco where I got spiked like twice which you can do anything but prevent but okay no johns. I choose pichu... I'll take your falco with my pichu friday. Lets do a set... I am almost tempted to moneymatch...

Totally didn't even think about a Big Ten Smashfest... I'm going to start talk about that right away on facebook and here. that would kick ***..

Jekyll

Smash Ace
I assume you are talking about the pichu, the lightest charecter in the game btw, match vs falco where I got spiked like twice which you can do anything but prevent but okay no johns. I choose pichu... I'll take your falco with my pichu friday. Lets do a set... I am almost tempted to moneymatch...

Totally didn't even think about a Big Ten Smashfest... I'm going to start talk about that right away on facebook and here. that would kick ***..
Actually, I think he was talking about the smashfest a couple weeks back where he and I were doing a Fox/Jiggs team and...I think that should jar your memory enough.

Two.Of.Hearts

Smash Apprentice
I wasn't trying to be an ******* before. But actually, I was talking about last Sat against your Marth when Cunning was on your team.

NitH

Smash Cadet
im from lafayette....stones throw from purdue, i need some people to play, get a hold of me at my aim Rival8826 i need some better players i worked at the lan center that just closed so i had lots of people to play....but not n e more lol so i wanna find people that play near by give me a shout and let me kno thx

talk to u all later

_kSo_

Smash Master
awesome dude, i just added you to my buddylist. i'll try and get in touch with you. I hold tournaments from time to time here at purdue, more 64 than melee but with my gc on the way i should be having melee tournies as well :)

NitH

Smash Cadet
yea man hit me up... i would say this weekend but im going out of town. and next weekend im going to EGL turny in chi but im pretty free on weekdays now that i work days ^_^... i was asking my buddy.. ( he goes to purdue) if there was a smash club over there ....he dident seem to think so. n e way im glad i found people around here... ill go to every melee turny u have.

btw who do u play as....

i play sheik and those loveable ice climbers

later man

add me to the list... im from purdue area

_kSo_

Smash Master
yea man hit me up... i would say this weekend but im going out of town. and next weekend im going to EGL turny in chi but im pretty free on weekdays now that i work days ^_^... i was asking my buddy.. ( he goes to purdue) if there was a smash club over there ....he dident seem to think so. n e way im glad i found people around here... ill go to every melee turny u have.

btw who do u play as....

i play sheik and those loveable ice climbers

later man

add me to the list... im from purdue area

Oh im completely n00b at melee lol. I was a fox user in the 64 smash so i use falco in melee.

i forget who said this, but it totally describes what i do half the time : "over b off the edge! ftw" LOL. Anyway yea i need to get some good people to play with kuz i want to get better lol.

Doctor Smash

Smash Rookie
Smashing Purdue

Hey I'm to new forums and I've been looking for some competition. I go to Purdue and I live off campus, but I'll drive to dorms. I pwn above average, though I only learned about wave dashing in my recent online smash search. Put me on the list (people seem to say that). I have two roomies who I convinced to play smash, but they don't put up much competition. Can anyone tell me everyone who plays Melee here at Purdue, or how to get a look at the list? I may be up for playing this weekend if anyone responds soon enough.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Hey I'm to new forums and I've been looking for some competition. I go to Purdue and I live off campus, but I'll drive to dorms. I pwn above average, though I only learned about wave dashing in my recent online smash search. Put me on the list (people seem to say that). I have two roomies who I convinced to play smash, but they don't put up much competition. Can anyone tell me everyone who plays Melee here at Purdue, or how to get a look at the list? I may be up for playing this weekend if anyone responds soon enough.
hey dude i go to purdue and im new to smash melee but i was pretty good at smash64. talk to me about melee/64 tournies. i usually hold them at McCutcheon Hall on sundays.

hit me up on AIM

MrChinkinator

NitH

Smash Cadet
i play with my buds at hill top....... n e way we need to come up with a date to meet up and play for hours on end ......hit me up on my myspace.....www.myspace.com/greed66 we could meet at ford or something i dont kno make a date ill find a place and we will go from there ....later all

_kSo_

Smash Master
You guys play at Hilltop? We have a lot of players in Tark.
iggy your in a completely different league than all of us lol. YOU ARE TOO GOOD lol. But yea I left my AIM up on one of the posts on this page so if you wanna contact me I'm game for ssb64, ssbm, whatever lol.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Well, yeah, but there's still 4-5 other people that play smash in tark on my floor, maybe a little more.

Doctor Smash

Smash Rookie
Purdue's Greatest

So there are tournaments on Sunday at McCutcheon, and some more people at Hilltop and Tark. Apparently Ignatius is the best player at Purdue? I'd like to play against you, see how I compare. If you wanna play today or tomorrow give me a time and a place, otherwise it might be a while with spring break coming up.

Also, it would be cool to have a singles and a doubles tournament with an entry fee (probably cheap just to have a prize). Kso you said you hold regular tournaments-are they 64 or Melee, about how many people show up, what time and where? And are they 4-stock with no items? I'll try to show up tomorrow. If you already got a bunch of people, maybe you could plan a bigger one and the Tark and Hilltop crowd will come over. Then we could get some "Power Rankings" in Indiana. But if there are more people near Ford then maybe someone over there could host it.

_kSo_

Smash Master
I can give you all the information you need on AIM. Its in a file somewhere on my computer...if i can just find it...lol

Yea iggy we should get together to smash. are you free today? Maybe i can drag my *** over to tark and play for a bit

Also, I'm pretty sure I'm one of the best on campus at 64. and I'm pretty sure your right about iggy being the best in melee.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
lol@Indiana Power Rankings

Let's have more than 20 players registered before we bother with that.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Well, me and my Roommate are basically 1 and 2. We do have some low level players that we've been slowly teaching on our floor as well though. Hit me up on aim if you ever want to do something. aim: Iggytheship.

NitH

Smash Cadet
iggys the best in melee...we cant kno that for sure^_^ we need to set something so we can see prudues best smashers lol....... n e way iggy sind me a PM i wanna play yea im out of town this weekend but i will be back mon.... hit me up

btw i hope your rdy for some sic ice climbers ^_^ lol

Mrobinson587

Smash Apprentice
btw i hope your rdy for some sic ice climbers ^_^ lol
Isn't cunning above iggy in the midwest rankings?

Hmm Ice Climbers vs Peach/ Samus I do want to hear how this goes...
Oh and I guess cunning likes to eat Chu dats IC's for breakfast as well so yeah...

lol

BTW IU smashfest are on a 2 week hiatus for Spring Break, woot woot... so yeah.

We went for 12 hours last Friday 6 to 6:psycho:

NitH

Smash Cadet
psh ...lol Ics are just the chars im working at atm.... my main is sheik next up peach then Ics
i just wanna get better with em ....and n e way every one knos that u dont play ic's against n e char with projectiles ... but im the best on hill top and i dont even live there lol my friends do lol but i want some one that can kick my *** and if iggy can ...i wanna play em

BTW n e one going to EGL or SMYM7

its a little late for EGL its next weekend..

BUT if n e one wants to go to SMYM7 and u go to purdue ...let me kno im driving just need money for the event /gas/ hotel let me kno getns.

btw Mrobinson could u give more info about IUs smash fest i will grab some prudue guys that wanna go and get down there ...let me kno man THX

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Heh.

Well, the way I see it, NitH, is that you have two options here. One of us among Iggy and I sand-bags. The other has no idea how to sand-bag. When we set something up, I'm sure you'll be able to tell the difference.

But yeah, I would be up for some off-floor Smash action. Would be nice to play different people.

And yes, yes, we do need to see who stands where among the Purdue community.

lol That's right, TJ. That's right.

_kSo_

Smash Master
so u guys play doubles? ....im more of a singles guy
my singles game is really good. mind games > technique for me

i played in a tourney today (friendly) against a bunch of newbs who used items...yea not too fun but entertaining nonetheless
i played casuals and just left kuzi didnt care too much for losing kuz of some item fault. their skill was really low on the scale tho, even for me

NitH

Smash Cadet
my singles game is really good. mind games > technique for me

i played in a tourney today (friendly) against a bunch of newbs who used items...yea not too fun but entertaining nonetheless
i played casuals and just left kuzi didnt care too much for losing kuz of some item fault. their skill was really low on the scale tho, even for me
i love mind games ...it sucks when u play bots cuz that **** dont work lol

Mrobinson587

Smash Apprentice
What about trying to find a friday where Ball state, kish, purdue whoever can come to a smashfest instead? that would be tight no? Any weekend look good? We can do it on a saturday too ...

oh and btw IU guys I dowloaded a super Mario rpg rom so I'm playing it now. Pretty good so far...

NitH

Smash Cadet
i would love to go to ius smash fest...but my weekends are packed . next weekend i have Egl 9-11 then the next week im free i think other than work. but then on the weekend of the 24th im going to SMYM7... let me kno when the date is and i will see what i can do

Mrobinson587

Smash Apprentice
Our spring break starts next fri so we are on a two week hiatus ourselves and there is no way people would choose IU weekly smashfest over smym which we might be going up to ourselves
but maybe the week after the 30th or 31st?
Let me know people...

Edit: WTF?!? there is a glitchy platform in the rom that's preventing me from progressing. Super mario rpg sucks balls...

Top Bottom