• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INDIANA/KENTUCKY Official PR (Brawl) (as of 7/18/10)

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Because other people in the top 10 are placing higher and beating more significant people than him?

Just my guess, really. (Nobody is taking any spot above me ever)

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
^^^^^ That too, fun tournaments though I wish I could've made it to the last one, even though it was basically a smashfest! Still would've been really fun.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I've beaten the majority of players on this list too...

Other than Krystedez, Renegade, and Count. (And Judo but I've only gotten to play him once and that was forever ago)

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I haven't beaten Count, and Count did beat me at the original KM 1, and I don't think I would beat Count if we played again right now, but I'd have to actually play him to know lolol.

The tourneys they're counting for this, I've had really underwhelming results, my only significant win being Joey. If things other than tourneys were counted, I could say differently, but they're not and for a good enough reason.

Also just saying we need some way to decide on the PR other than tourney results, because those are kind of misleading. For example, OS beat me at Smash-A-Mania, but anybody around here can tell you that I took him to game 3 in close matches with a bad matchup in my ex-main GW. And tournies assume no sandbagging, which isn't true at all. I've sandbagged in a fair amount of matches with money on the line, trust me. I'm not the only one either, I'm sure.

Not to mention the whole "Lexington doesn't go anywhere." I'm not saying we should put in free-events to be considered, but what about something like "PR matches", or maybe Money Matches that have actual worth on the PR. Record replays and send to PR committee for extra legitness if that's whats needed.

Count

Smash Champion
Close games don't really matter

I took a game off of Lain and Overswarm and barely lost to each of them for the last one but I still lost. A loss counts whether or not I got 3 stocked or I lose by one hit.

You're very, very good but we do the best we can to make an unbiased list and you guys don't quite have the activity or the results to get the top ten. Its correct that you could be argued to be towards the end of the top ten, so step it up in this next season and knock off some big names!

Sorry to sound douchey I just want you to know that this stuff was considered and that we did our very best ot make the list as unbiased as possible.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Don't worry I saved most of them for if someone wants to dispute me.

Also Megaman theme for PR is awesome.

Count

Smash Champion
Missed this point but any money match 5 dollars and up counts toward the PR.

If you want certain matches considered then its your responsibility to inform a panelist or post in here. We go looking all over for results, specifically mayling who is in your own backyard but we cannot do everything.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
$5 is half of a normal tournament entry fee, assuming waived venue. I don't see the point in ever doing a $5 mm, with the intention of PR credit, other than not being able to go to enough tourneys to enter.

Anyways, according to your way of judging close wins and losses, someone who goes last hit with M2K, is just as bad/good as someone who goes JV 4 stock with M2K, only looking at that one match. Common sense tells anyone that's wrong. The real problem is "how do you know how close a game truly was?" The only ways to get that would be either an honest opponent, an unbiased witness, or witnessing it yourself, of course.

Using that same logic,every win or loss, no matter the technicalities should be counted as a win or loss. Joshkip beat Joey and should be credited as such. Joey forfeited, yes, but the tio bracket clearly says Kip beat Joey, so it must be true. Filled with sarcasm. I'm sure a lot of others have "wins" like this too.

It's a flawed system either way you look at it.

Keep in mind I'm not trying to start a nasty argument or flamewar or none of that. I'm just contributing my thoughts.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
EBWOP, I forgot to add. That system also pushes the problem of not being able to tell a less active player's skill. Considering you only have the information of "4 wins, 4 losses" or some garbage about them instead of "Destroyed ____, went game 3 with ____, and then loss badly to ____."

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
For the record, wins that were results from forfeits were listed as such... and when I created my list for the PR, duly noted.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Haha, thanks Mayling, but why not just forfeit every match you think you're going to lose then? And what if it's not known you forfeited? A lot of people quit and only tell their opponents(I've done it myself before, in fact), and the opponents may not know better and just say they won. Actually that'd be my first instinct. It relies too much on the honesty of the players.

And I take back what I said earlier about doing this to contribute my thoughts. I'm doing this because I love a good debate.

Edit: Also you sounding a lot like Shinarouji there, Mayling. Just sayin.

Count

Smash Champion
Suggesting that 'close games' should be counted towards the PR in any way is completely impossible to monitor and can be thrown completely out the window. There are insane amounts of close games in the NCAA tournament but there is only one winner. The way the PR is done is by WINS and LOSSES in bracket or mm's 5 dollars and above. There is no other way to do it, sadly.

I think your forfeit point is valid, actually.

The reasons $5 is the minimum for the PR are simple: That is what we agreed on and people sandbag in $1 mm's. If i'm playing somebody for a dollar and there's a chance that I'm going to play them later on in bracket, I obviously don't want to show them everything. If nobody sandbagged in $1 mm's then nautrally they would count for PR..sadly this is not the case.

I could talk this over with the panel but possibly if you agree on a $1 mm beforehand counting towards the PR we could count it.

TBH your biggest problem is activity which I understand with Lexington. You're farther away from most of the tourneys happening in our area lately, which sucks. I know how that is with no tournaments in IN basically all last summer and having to travel a minimum of two hours everywhere.

All that being said, this list is as unbiased as possible, and there are perfectly legitimate arguments for every single person placed above you on the PR. Want to get ahead of those 8/9/10 slots? Knock me or hilt off in bracket and consistently beat the 8/9/10 and HM players. Or knock off a top Ohio player like both hilt and I did last season. If your results speak loudly enough for themselves, you won't need to be whining about your placement because you will rightfully be put where you belong.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
If they're too inactive to rank them correctly, you should mark them as inactive, not as a lower rank than they deserve. It's really mis-leading.

Count

Smash Champion
If they're too inactive to rank them correctly, you should mark them as inactive, not as a lower rank than they deserve. It's really mis-leading.
Activity generally goes to tiebreakers.

And Joey, you were on the PR, so the fact you would jump in here and make that comment after being on the PR is just plain ignorant.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Activity generally goes to tiebreakers.

And Joey, you were on the PR, so the fact you would jump in here and make that comment after being on the PR is just plain ignorant.
Okay.

I'm mainly talking about Tac who wen't from 6th or something to dropped out, instead of the inactive list.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Count, realize I don't speak for myself. I don't care enough about my spot to go through all the trouble of arguing this. I'm just pointing out that the system is flawed as a whole.

And why do you jump on Joey for making a completely valid point? That's like getting mad at people for turning in lost money. Why would you be so ignorant to give it back!

I'm playing mafia, in a PR thread!

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Even if I'm 6th, or if I WAS a panelist, I can still comment, and I will. I'll comment a looot. :p

Count

Smash Champion
Well you never brought up the legitimate point WHILE you were the panelist.

Jake, I need you to comment.

And Joey, I've been telling everybody back there to put tac as inactive. Nobody is listening to me. I didn't mean to call you out Joey but I don't understand why you would quit the PR and THEN bring up a point.

S2, I wasn't 'attacking' Joey. I was making a completely valid and relevant point.

How is the system flawed, exactly? This is the best way to do this. If you are going to whine about the best system possible we can just kill the PR. I could really care less. I'm just not about to listen to you say incorrect things. Just because you say something loudly enough doesn't make it correct.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Tactical dropped because of his lack of noticeable wins. This was partially due to his inactivity. He wasn't as inactive as you're making him sound. His inactivity did have something to do with it but listing him as inactive would be misleading.

S2 there are going to be flaws with every system. We're trying to make ours have as less flaws as possible. Feel free to give us advice, but if something is out of the question, or too difficult to manage, we're not going to do it. Monitoring close matches would be far too difficult to do. We can only go off of solid win/loss data. We can't watch every single match. And using matches that were close between some players would be unfair for players that we didn't see, that were equally close. Also a matter of how much the opponent was pushing themselves comes into play as well. As well as sandbagging.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
@Count, simple misunderstanding. Also it's not whining, don't use such a negative light.

I'm going to move this into PM with Hilt now that I have his attention so this thread doesn't get floodeder. And don't take my argument too seriously and too literally. Megaman theme go.

edit: Also Count, have you ever considered playing mafia with us? I think you'd be pretty good at it.

Count

Smash Champion
@Count, simple misunderstanding. Also it's not whining, don't use such a negative light.

I'm going to move this into PM with Hilt now that I have his attention so this thread doesn't get floodeder. And don't take my argument too seriously and too literally. Megaman theme go.
My apologies for the whining comment; that was out of line.

quick response ftw?

edit: I haven't considered playing mafia because I waste too much time on this site as is, haha.

I appreciate the compliment though..if it was a compliment. haha

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
If I didn't bring it up while I was a panelist, then that means I didn't think of it while I was on the panel? I was only there for like a week or two, so I couldn't point out too many things anyways :p.

Top Bottom