• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In your opinion, what's Ganondorf's top 5 moves?

Teaddiction

Smash Cadet
Mmm...

1. Sparta Kick (F.tilt)
2. "Chilena" (Up air)
3. Choke and die (Side B)
4. People´s elbow (Remember the Rock?, lol) or Elbow of doom (F. smash)
5. Thunder boot (Air Down smash)

Finns7

Smash Ace
To me its his downb, its orgasmic when a meta is chasing you in the air and you let this one go off in his face.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
1. U Air
2. Side B
3. D Air
4. D Tilt
5. Stutter Stepped F Smash OR U Smash OR Dash Attack -- Can't decide between the early KOs, IASA mindgames, or freight train KO.

I think the first four are pretty much written in stone, though the order of the first 3 is debatable.

deadpoe7

Smash Apprentice
1. Tipman spike*
2. dair
3. uair
4. flamechoke
5. dtilt

* Counting tipman as diff. move since uair is great even when not used to gimp.

@HomE

Smash Ace
At first i thought

"wtf does this guy wants with DownB?"

Than i gone on the Ganon Boards Tierlist

Saw your video

and now

"AHH ok, one word: SPIKES!!"
Hehe, yea i think it is an underated move all together..

Down B spike needs more attention IMO but I understand why people dont use it, but **** Down B spikes are sexy, I dont think anyone can argue that.. ;)

deadpoe7

Smash Apprentice
Oh yes, I usually try a couple of wizkick recoveries a match (unless the opponent knows to dodge the lag and punish), hoping they'll jump towards me and I can pull of the spike-o-sex.

TP

Smash Master
I thought I /threaded this already. There wasn't supposed to be any discussion after I posted the correct list. You'll give readers mixed messages.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
This list needs a lot more Dash Attack. Here's how Ganon's move tier list breaks down (to scale):

1. UAir
2/3/4. DTilt ~ Dash Attack ~ DAir (kinda interchangeable)
5. Gerudo

Gerudo can get a huge boost up in match-ups against characters like Metaknight or Sonic, who are both set up for guaranteed kills via Gerudo->iDA follow-up at low percentages.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
IMO:

1. U-air (Ganon's number one juggle tool. One of his safest aerials on stage overall, and essential for competing with other air games)

2. D-tilt (Ganon's best ground attack. AMAZING range. Good power. Fairly safe when spaced well)

3. Flame Choke (A situational, but amazing attack. Ganon's number one momentum grabber. Landing this move can really change the direction of a match with some good mindgames, not to mention get some awesome combos, and this attack can really make shieldcampers think twice.)

4. D-air (Great combo starter, damage dealer, and revenge KO tool all in one. Without this fairly spammable raw power tool, Ganon would definitely be the worst character in the game.)

5. Dash attack (Another one of Ganondorf's best and most essential ground attacks. The range and speed are both amazing. The damage and power are also very good. When all else fails, the Dash attack is one attack that can really get Ganon out of a tight situation)

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I mentioned the attacks that you need the most, not necessarily the ones you have to KO with.

To be honest, I don't know what I most consistently score KOs with. Ganon just doesn't have any consistent KO methods. He just has to land a move that isn't too diminished at a percent where it will kill his opponent and try to make sure he doesn't get punished excessively in the process. Or he has to edgeguard his opponent and gimp them. The move I KO with largely depends on the playstyle of my opponent.

Actually, the one thing I do more often than anything else is edgeguard with an aerial to KO. Usually U-air, which covers the most options. But seriously, when it comes to scoring a KO on stage, it could be almost anything for me. Sometimes I'm doing really good grabbing my opponent and I B-throw them at 180%. Other times I saved a D-tilt or F-tilt and combo into it from Flame Choke. Other times my D-air is less diminished and I KO them with that. Other times I get a lucky F-air or B-air hit at the right time. Other times, I mindgame my opponent into a Smash or even a U-tilt. It all depends. I really never know what exactly is going to KO my opponent until it just happens.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
In this order:

Uair (needs no explanation)
Dtilt (gives Ganondorf some much-needed spacing moves)
Flame choke (Awesome punish and tech chase, the tech chase pulls it up)
Dair (great punish, low percentage combos, etc)
Dash attack (great utility move, high priority good hitbox, kills at reasonable percentages)

Honorary mention: Up-smash (good defensive move, and IASA frames are a definite plus)

Bragi

Smash Apprentice
I'd have to say:

Uair
Side B
Dair
Bair
Dtilt

His basic jab is pretty good, though, as well.

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
Top Five Moves? Wow I'm not sure.

Well I can criticize that his fair is too slow though effective. I'd say IMO his top five moves are
1. Dair
2. Uair
3. FSmash
4. USmash (when opponents are in the air)
5. Down-B (maybe?)

I wouldn't think many other moves of his are too special but it's just my opinion

hyperstation

Smash Lord
Top Five Moves? Wow I'm not sure.

Well I can criticize that his fair is too slow though effective. I'd say IMO his top five moves are
1. Dair
2. Uair
3. FSmash
4. USmash (when opponents are in the air)
5. Down-B (maybe?)

I wouldn't think many other moves of his are too special but it's just my opinion
Weird list, man

Top Bottom