• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In your opinion, Samus or ZSS agianst meta?

ADHD

Smash Hero
Samus can make space with her bombs when used right, but close combat is definitely a weakness against meta--it shows greatly in this matchup. Samus puts up a decent fight against him I'd say.

I'm just starting ZSS, I don't know much of her advantages and disadvantages in this battle besides its tough for her too. Any imput?

fkacyan

Smash Hero
ZSS has a better chance in my opinion, but if you're going to have a choice, and you're not like me (I only play ZSS), pick somebody like Snake or DK.

oze6000

Smash Apprentice
would downB kick work good against the tornado? Apparently meta is completely vulnerable from above (which is a place you don't want to be when ZSS) when he is in his tornado. Which also may give down air a use against him, though in actuality it is probably crap. But it seems like down B could get a lot of use for avoiding the drill and attacking the tornado. DownB and plasma whip are just the ways i'd attack him.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Bairs knock him out of the tornado, if you think you're good enough at timing. The tornado will still hit you, however.

Boolossus

Smash Ace
Down B will certainly hit MK out of his tornado. I think that Side B and Down Smash do as well.

When facing Meta's who aren't familiar playing against ZSS, you can abuse Down B's priority over MK's aerials alot, because they won't be on the lookout for it.

Lareit

Smash Ace
don't do it. ZSS gets eaten alive by meta knight.
Samus is a better match up but meta knight is still a miss match.

This game isn't about playing 1 single character and being unflinching. It's about counter picks.

Pick up someone to completement ZSS.

I rotate through Snake, ZSS, Pit and Captain Falcon(lawlz) to cover my bases without just picking the 3 top tier chars.

Cause it'd be mighty boring to play Falco, Snake and Meta Knight and fight ditto fights every **** time.

ADHD

Smash Hero
don't do it. ZSS gets eaten alive by meta knight.
Samus is a better match up but meta knight is still a miss match.

This game isn't about playing 1 single character and being unflinching. It's about counter picks.

Pick up someone to completement ZSS.

I rotate through Snake, ZSS, Pit and Captain Falcon(lawlz) to cover my bases without just picking the 3 top tier chars.

Cause it'd be mighty boring to play Falco, Snake and Meta Knight and fight ditto fights every **** time.
Erm, not one person counters meta. Lulz, snake has a hell of a hard time too, even if he wins more often in snake vs meta. Falco vs meta is just stressful as hell for both sides.

rmporter35

Smash Cadet
Yes, and I three-stocked him.
I guess he wasn't very good then...

This is definitely a topic that stresses the word opinion. At this point in my inexperience with Zamus, I prefer fighting MK with Samus. I am still learning Zamus' advanced fighting techs...

Snakeee

Smash Master
There are a couple of really good Samus players that may prove you wrong Thiocyanide. Especially Oro

I've beaten top Meta players with ZSS, it's definitely not too bad of a match up. Like I've said in my thread, its about 6/4 Meta

EDIT: ZSS is a wayyy better choice against Meta than Samus IMO

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
What a completely false statement. Ever played a good Samus in brawl? That Zair is REALLY useful.
Unfortunately, Zair is really her only amazingly useful move. Her moves generally don't KO well. Very few of them have great range, especially the ones that are anywhere near KO potential. There are no good lead-ins for her KO moves, and she's really slow, both in the air and on the ground.

FoolyCoolyGamer

Smash Cadet
Zero suit samus is my choice against Meta Knight. The problem with that is MK can move around very quickly, and strikes much faster than ZSS. Most of ZSS's moves go right over MK, and plus that range of his sword, followed by his crazy juggling makes for a hard match.

Lareit

Smash Ace
It's a bad matchup. Simply don't do ZSS versus Meta Knight
Meta Knight is short, so tilted maps and certain aerials won't land on him compared to others.
Meta Knight has compareable range and significantly superior speed with those attacks.
Meta Knight is excellent at persuit further gimping a tether based recovery character.
Meta Knights air game is superior in priority and range negating one of zss's primary kill methods.

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
also, running away from tornado goes through tornado.
The long forgotten technique.

MK isn't too bad with proper spacing. Most of MK's approaches are really good; luckily, though, they're also mostly all the same. About 70% of the time, if you just take a couple steps back without rolling or anything, you can usually punish his 'nado, Drill, and short-hop approaches.

Snakeee

Smash Master
I'm gonna make a whole meta knight strategy soon.
For now I'll add that ZSS can kill him earlier than he can kill her.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Shuttle loop > any KO percentage ZSS has on MK, sadly.
This is technically true, however ZSS can punish the hell out of shuttle loop. If they use it as an edgeguard, you can always at least trade hits using down B. Metaknight will go further off the stage, and ZSS will get hit towards the stage. So, if anyone is going to die from this it's Metaknight. Knowing this is one key to defeating him.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Not if your opponent is a competent MK and knows how to use SL offensively. An MK using SL right next to you as you're falling during hitstun is pretty much a gib seeing as how you can't do anything to counter it.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Not if your opponent is a competent MK and knows how to use SL offensively. An MK using SL right next to you as you're falling during hitstun is pretty much a gib seeing as how you can't do anything to counter it.
M2K, my brother (Shadow), and Plaink are all top MK's and this works fine on them unless they happen to anticipate your down B perfectly. This has only happened on very rare occasion. The down B in general is very important against Meta.

CyanCyde

Smash Cadet
You can replace "shuttle loop" with virtually any other move in the game and your statement would still be true. Insisting on that issue is really kind of pointless.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
You can replace "shuttle loop" with virtually any other move in the game and your statement would still be true. Insisting on that issue is really kind of pointless.
Yes, except not every move can KO at 50-70% on light characters from virtually any angle.

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
I would say ZSS only cause I find it kool how Zamus's B-down can kind of be used to counter metaknights B-up. Other reasons are cuz metaknight is too knightly and gets blinded by samus in the zero suit. Seriously tho I think that Zamus has a much easier time against Meta then power suit samus.

Ravin

Smash Lord
Samus <.< If your not using mines if hes spamming tornado your not doing it right. Spacing is key as well as mine placement and missiles. Full charged shots stop his spin and tornado. ZSS isn't bad either, you can time her >B Just right to hit him or grab him because of the range, only problem is he can fly over your Recover, so if your coming in low you bet yourself a stock is gone.

Quick simple facts about MK

Most MK's will approch you with a quick running A or Grab. Most rush in blindly unless spamming tornado and blah blah. A dtilt with Samus or even a quick run with ZSS to meet them normally catches them off guard. They do not expect Dtilts range with Samus to reach that far, typically I follow up with Fair combo missile to keep pressure, typically thats when the tornado comes in, ill drop a mine, retreat, rush, Zair, follow and repeat. I really do not have problems with MKs.

ZSS - I will always keep pressure. Using UpB to yank them down when they do shuttle loop is LOL city. If they rush don't be afraid to use Dsmash to stun them and land a nice Forward smash on them for a punish. If your space and play your cards right, youll be fine.

Samus VS MK - http://youtube.com/watch?v=yFLIX9vigp8

fkacyan

Smash Hero
That MetaKnight isn't very good.

EDIT: His dsmash outspaces the dtilt of both Samus and ZSS, by the way.

Ravin

Smash Lord
That MetaKnight isn't very good.

EDIT: His dsmash outspaces the dtilt of both Samus and ZSS, by the way.
You won't be using Dtilt if hes standing infront of you, mostly if its a rush, it also stops Metas >B (Cancels eachother out)

If your a good downdodger, Metas Dsmash isn't that difficult to counter. Personally, I wouldn't use Dtilt that close, Ftilt is more pleasing or AAA (AA Samus). People are forgetting playstyles are going to be more effected here then anything. It may work for you in certain situations. Nobodies plan is foolproof. No sure way of win.

FBM

Smash Apprentice
ZZS has a better chance of getting a kill; sideB is a more powerful spacing tool than Samus' zair (though the dead zone on it sucks if the meta is pressing you) and dsmash, dsmash, bair near a ledge kills light characters extremely well.

But Samus isn't nearly as easily gimped and MK has a tendancy to do a lot of that... Overall, I'd say ZSS is better against MK, but either way it seems like a really crappy matchup.

And maybe I'm wrong, but I've seen a good Samus on youtube. The amount of mental energy that must go into playing her is brutal, but it's possible to do well with her (but as the old adage goes, you could be equally good with 1/10th the effort if you just played a top tier char...).

Here he is: Tudor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U6iFKZnrTI

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Wish I could see a video of Tudor vs. a good Metaknight. Or against my friend Dave. He's a ****. **** you and your MK Dave.

Jaro21

Smash Rookie
Cake i fought dave's mk recently with ZSS and i can completely understand how you feel lol. I feel B-Sticking helped with using side B as a KO move. Still, Dave's MK is so sharp.

Top Bottom