• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In-Depth Pikachu Review (Played at E for All)

Boa

Smash Cadet
I'm looking forward to using Pikachu's Final Smash after reading about its...destruction. Then again, I'd be happy to use any Final Smash.

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
can pikachu still up-b through platforms or do any of those tricks? if he could then pikas got an advantage. eh?

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
I'm disappointed with the -> B. Honestly, I found it horrid and I know it couldve been replaced.
Really? I kinda liked it. I mean, don't get me wrong, the timelapse after it before he could do anything was terrible (just like most of his attacks), but if you could get it fully charged, it had some power to it. Personally, I liked to have it around for one on one matches; I'd toss it in every once in awhile just to throw people.

Sauvie

Smash Apprentice
I am glad to hear some well thought out info about Pikachu because he has allways been one of those fun characters to use and the same can be said about Pichu. I am happy to hear that Pikachu seems better in Brawl over Melee and that he still has quite a bit of power. and the Volt tackle has impressed me since I first read the update, glad that it isn't as bad as some of the demo players made it look.

You can't go wrong with the Bandana either.

PWtCB

Smash Cadet
If the Brawl Pikachu is melee Pichu, I really hope melee Pikachu decided to pass down his blue party hat down to Pichu for Brawl :p. Seriously though, I would really like to know if the up-smash got better (or stayed the same) and if the down-B is more like Pichu's or Pikachu's.

Boofer

Smash Ace
um...what about his thunder attack (B down)? Has it been buffed.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Level 30?

The spikiest tail in the history of the universe could not redeem how little fun it was to play Pikachu in Melee.
Agreed, Level 30? Pichu evolves through happiness...

Hey, I enjoy using Pikachu. And I love his tail spike! Although I think I like Pichu's just as much.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
What does Pichu's evolution status have to do with anything? I mean besides the rampant fanfic that seems to be going around about Pichu becoming Pika?

Anyhow, Dynamism, I like your thinking, but I could never quite get the hang of C. Falcon or Fox. Nothing like going down the list and beating someone with each character, though. Until they realize they aren't going to win, and stop playing with you. :(

Fawriel

Smash Master
Whoa.
Well.
I do actually use all characters at least a bit. And I used to play as Pikachu. But he just has so few options due to his lack of range, insufficient speed, and so on, you're pretty much reduced to using Smashes, the neutral B and the neutral aerial... Pikachu was simply not well-designed in that respect, so I hope it's fixed adequately.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
What does Pichu's evolution status have to do with anything? I mean besides the rampant fanfic that seems to be going around about Pichu becoming Pika?
Yeah, I kind of agree with what you say. I honestly don't think this Pikachu isn't the Melee's Pichu, just because of the goggles. It's just a new and improved Pikachu with bufferings.

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
Pikachu was disappointing in melee. He rocked in the original smash bros game though.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
I much prefer pichu to pika in melee...

so hearing that he is similar to melee pichu is pretty cool :D

Smash Ace
@T0MMY:
you confirmed the awesome Pika Melee taunt. I can now die in peace
=2007=

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
Goodness, why do people keep thinking that this is the evolved Pichu? I don't understand how having goggles and taunts can make Melee's Pichu Brawl's Pikachu.

Sheer Cold

Smash Journeyman
Goodness, why do people keep thinking that this is the evolved Pichu? I don't understand how having goggles and taunts can make Melee's Pichu Brawl's Pikachu.
It's not just the goggles and the taunts. It sounds to me that a lot the New Pika's moves are the like Pichu's are in Melee. That's why I said it anyway others might have they're own reasons.

Stuhddabahkz

Smash Apprentice
Calm down. It's nothing more than a clever way of explaining what happened to Pichu since Brawl Pikachu plays more like Pichu and has the goggles, it makes sense. But really, it's just a joke...

Dgro

Smash Cadet
Meh, I hope it's not too much like Pichu. I liked Pika <_<;

Top Bottom