• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Improving Kirby

TrePVox

Smash Cadet
I am a long time Kirby player, been playing as him since SSB first came out and have been since. But recently I came across a problem when I play one of my friends. He's a camper and sicne we only play on Final Destination, Battlefield, Mario Circuit, Pirate Ship, and Delfino Plaza, he's a camper. He toys with me by playin as his two best characters (Zelda/Shiek and Toon Link) and just sit at the other side fireing projectiles at me. We play with no items so with toon link its arrows but with Zelda its a lot hard because of her side B. Its exposition range is bigger than Kirby's dodge area. He will just sit there for a while and spam it as Zelda and there's not much i can do other than air dodge to avoid them. So I am stuck until he gets bored finally and comes at me and I have a lot of damage so he wins every time now that he's figured it out.

any help?

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Shielding, spot dodging, stopping a run into a powershield, etc.

TrePVox

Smash Cadet
Zelda's Din Fire is a pain though because it destroys my shield quickly if I sit there, I can't spot dodge because it lingers after it blows up for a split second and I get hit with the after affect. and what power shield?

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Walk, don't run up to him and powershield, or shield his attacks. It's easier to powershield if you walk instead of run up to your opponent.

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
PowerShield is a perfectly timed shield, first 2 frames. When you do it you have less frames to start running again and your shield shouldn't shrink

ShockisBack

Smash Rookie
dins fire is not very good at hitting vertically unless you are far out. so walk towards her while power shielding attacks, then once you are about 4 bowsers away, oos jump and get above her. then she will be forced to do something else, or miss with dins fire.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
you could try to nail zelda with an UP B before she can begin spamming the Din Fire, but after awhile you should get use to the Din Fire and be able to perfect shield it and dodge to the point you can shorten the distance between you and Zelda with no problem

Pink murder

Smash Ace
you could try to nail zelda with an UP B before she can begin spamming the Din Fire, but after awhile you should get use to the Din Fire and be able to perfect shield it and dodge to the point you can shorten the distance between you and Zelda with no problem
That too.
I did find it weird that he was actually able to keep you far from him with din's fire...
I find it easy to get near him. I guess it just takes practice ^^.

kevinw0w

Smash Journeyman
if my friends did that (they don't play brawl) I would slap them.

Not saying it isn't easy to counter, but it's just annoying and they think they're good for doing it.

ZesuBen

Smash Journeyman
It's like how my youngest brother spams tornado on Metaknight. I shield him, copy him, then spam tornado on him. :p

It's great fun. He gets so upset. Except you can't copy Din's fire. So do something that Kirbies can do that others can't that people find very annoying. Like Kirbycide him. All the time.

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
dude just powershield the projectiles, its not like ur online and powershield is impossible, it should be really easy to powershield projectiles, u can even run and powershield so u close the distance forcing ur friend to attack.

aextreme73

Smash Apprentice
keep zelda close and use grabs before she can wrack up damage, and use stone for last minute dodges, avoid faster than air dodging

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
Zelda's Din Fire is a pain though because it destroys my shield quickly if I sit there, I can't spot dodge because it lingers after it blows up for a split second and I get hit with the after affect. and what power shield?
You absolutely can, spotdodges last for about 20 frames, rolls for 30 frames, and the Din's explosion lasts for about 2. Just roll forward or jump and airdodge forward and it will either explode while invulnerable or travel past you. Play some megaman if you need to work on the timing on very static traps like this. If you really think the explosion lasts then you are just dodging much too early and just getting hit afterward, in which case you could have held shield anyway.

Also Mario Circuit is garbage.

Anyway not to lump you into the scrub category, but it sounds like you need to work on the basics, aka movement, dodging, spacing and timing.

Pink murder

Smash Ace
Also, play on non-campy stages.
Like battlefield..wait, you already play there? >.>
So he can camp you on battlefield O.O
Well your next best bet would be to pick high stages. Zelda's din's fire doesnt go vertically very well, so come from above or below.
That reminds me, i know how to counter his spam on dolphino plaza ^^.
Go from under the stage when the platform is elevated, and go up with Uairs. Her din's fire cant go through the platform.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Aerials will nullify Din's Fire if timed properly. The easiest to use against Din's Fire when it goes off is a N-air with Kirby. You'll clash with the hitbox and remain unharmed.

Or just Air Dodge/Perfect Shield.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
^^^
Ahh there we go.
So i was right, come in from above! ^^
Sure, if you want some of that Zelda Usmash.

Aerials will nullify Din's Fire if timed properly. The easiest to use against Din's Fire when it goes off is a N-air with Kirby. You'll clash with the hitbox and remain unharmed.

Or just Air Dodge/Perfect Shield.
Why would you give that kind of advice? Din's fire gains Priority and a larger area of effect as it travels, and considering how close you have to be for Bair to beat it, you have to be well within Zelda's Fsmash range and perhaps even Usmash range to actually get Nair to clank with that.

It's like how my youngest brother spams tornado on Metaknight. I shield him, copy him, then spam tornado on him. :p

It's great fun. He gets so upset. Except you can't copy Din's fire. So do something that Kirbies can do that others can't that people find very annoying. Like Kirbycide him. All the time.
Why?! That power is so bad against MK... All his attacks go right through it, and any MK who isn't ******** can DI and hit you with a Dair right out of it, making the trade about 1-2% on MK for much more on Kirby.

choice_brawler

Smash Journeyman
1. Play more stages, and no mario kart stage.

2. just camp him back with falco or something, then he'll say "thats lame" then you'll say "well thats how i feel" and then you 2 will live happily ever after both maining kirby :D

ZesuBen

Smash Journeyman
Why?! That power is so bad against MK... All his attacks go right through it, and any MK who isn't ******** can DI and hit you with a Dair right out of it, making the trade about 1-2% on MK for much more on Kirby.
Because he's six. He's not ********, he's just six. I do that, and he starts to use other attacks because I show him how annoying it is and how useless it is.

GPEternity

Smash Journeyman
rainbow cruise = no more dins fire spam.

plus kirby can fly and zelda teleporting to get from platform to platform can leave her vulnerable.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
1. Play more stages, and no mario kart stage.

2. just camp him back with falco or something, then he'll say "thats lame" then you'll say "well thats how i feel" and then you 2 will live happily ever after both maining kirby :D
Actually, apparently Mario Kart is a legal counterpick stage now...

Because he's six. He's not ********, he's just six. I do that, and he starts to use other attacks because I show him how annoying it is and how useless it is.
Oh, my bad then. I just hear too many Kirbies saying that move is good when in all actuality I think even Squirtle's Water Gun is more useful...

Top Bottom