• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Impact Clash II Brawl & Melee tourney October 11, 2008 @ GA World Congress Atlanta GA

Gerbil

Smash Champion
This is typical South lol. One time, about 5 people got banned in one go, and we had a full page of locked threads (I took a pic of it, the whole thing was just too funny). Hell, some of us became alternate accounts of Renth *points to sig*. The South rocks lol.

Good times in the Atlantic South.

ON TOPIC: Meh, about the rules, I just posted a ruleset that everyone enjoyed was all.

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
This is typical South lol. One time, about 5 people got banned in one go, and we had a full page of locked threads (I took a pic of it, the whole thing was just too funny). Hell, some of us became alternate accounts of Renth *points to sig*. The South rocks lol.

ON TOPIC: Meh, about the rules, I just posted a ruleset that everyone enjoyed was all.
You didnt get my "You guys need to play a better game than smash bros topic in there"
I got banned for nothing Q_Q

That black mothafucca Fullmetal better start runnin his pockets.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
on the topic of rules, I don't think that certain outlandish cp stages that give characters gigantic advantages (like green greens, onett, peach's castle, etc.) should be legal.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Well it looks like we will go with Gebril's rule list. Does anyone have any final changes they'd like with is rule list before I make it the official one? Also, does anyone have any problem with going with the official rule list that has been established on this site for Melee located here:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=137382

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Also, I was just letting all of you guys now that Impact Clash now has a text messaging list! If you text the word ImpactClash to 69302 it will enroll you in our text message distribution list. You'll receive updates on the day of the tournament letting you know when exactly which tournament is going to start, when the food comes, etc. It can also help us have a more unified group if more people join and we'd like to do get togethers outside of tournaments we could contact groups of people much easier as well. Also, if your phone can only receive text messages then you can sign up for our text message group online by going to this page: http://www.trumpia.com/exsignup/ImpactClash/Tournament .

NeonTigerX3

Smash Rookie
I'm excited about going to this. Definitely looking forward to meeting you guys! A few of my famous friends have expressed interest in going as well...I don't wanna scare anyone out of going though, like what happened at Kumite TN >_>

Haha I kid.

Oh btw, NARUTO GNT 4? I don't know if I'll compete, I'm a little out of practice, but I think me and some friends would def be up for some friendlies :D I had no idea Iori plays; that's too cool.

Milln

Smash Champion
*enrolls in text messaging list* .... *awaits fees on his bill*

No one's given any feedback on the Brawl ruleset and it was only the one person who posted the current official one.

Dr F-U-N

Smash Cadet
*enrolls in text messaging list* .... *awaits fees on his bill*

No one's given any feedback on the Brawl ruleset and it was only the one person who posted the current official one.
This is GA, no one cares about Brawl. Real Story.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
The Brawl ruleset is fairly standardized now, anyway. With the exception of like, mario circuit and luigi's mansion or whatever.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord

i became an alternate account of me during good times in atl south

my fav is the locked sticky topic about hot atl south
almost perfect imitation

Gerbil

Smash Champion
i became an alternate account of me during good times in atl south

my fav is the locked sticky topic about hot atl south
almost perfect imitation
Isn't the account you're currently using the alternate one? I could've sworn you used to use eastheaven lol. :p We should bring that topic back LOL.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
for brawl, the official rules are like this:

Rules:
Double Elimination Brackets

3 stock 4 Stock For reasons earlier stated by Infi-Tan

7 minute timer

All items off

Team Attack on

Life Stealing allowed

First stage picked at random from 5 neutrals.

Best 2 out of 3 (3 out of 5 for winners/losers/grand finals)

Loser chooses stage, either neutral or counterpick. Then winner picks character. then loser picks character
Loser Picks stage or Character. Winner Stays the Same Character

Dave's Stupid Rule (cant counterpick a stage you've already won on), unless mutually agreed on.

Neutrals: These are perfect

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counterpicks:

Pokemon Stadium 1
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Brinstar
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair

Banned:
The Rest
Castle Siege this should be Banned for obvious reasons (Dedede)
Pirate Ship this should be Banned such a random and unbalanced stage
Pokemon Stadium 2 this should be Banned
Fixed

its just what i think.
I perfer 4 Stocks to 3 it actually gives people time to comeback if they get behind from a SD. But i know everyone will say "BLAHCRYWAH! Brawl matches take too long! B!TCHMOANCRY" they take as long as melee matches did. get over it.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Fixed

its just what i think.
I perfer 4 Stocks to 3 it actually gives people time to comeback if they get behind from a SD. But i know everyone will say "BLAHCRYWAH! Brawl matches take too long! B!TCHMOANCRY" they take as long as melee matches did. get over it.
On the contrary, a regular brawl match takes normally 5/6 minutes to finish, when the most a melee match will take is 4 or 5.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
On the contrary, a regular brawl match takes normally 5/6 minutes to finish, when the most a melee match will take is 4 or 5.
Source?

thus being why brawl matches should be 9 mins per match. Most ive the brawl matches ive been in and have seen last about 3-5 mins on 3 stock and on 4 stocks ive never went over the 7 min mark. even when playing the most campy people. and Ive also seen Shiek ditto camp match last all 8 mins in Melee. so It can go both ways.

Please make it 4 stocks 9 Mins. trust me its a much better way.

Top Bottom