• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Impa, the Enigmatic Sheikah, Sage of Shadow

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's one of the only semi-likely scenarios on how I'd expect Sheik to make a return to the series. But, I really doubt it. Her role has been replaced with Impa as it seems. But am curious to see what Zelda Wii U's cast will be like.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
It's one of the only semi-likely scenarios on how I'd expect Sheik to make a return to the series. But, I really doubt it. Her role has been replaced with Impa as it seems. But am curious to see what Zelda Wii U's cast will be like.
How has her role been replaced by Impa? Impa doesn't turn into Zelda (or more specifically Zelda doesn't turn into Impa). Impa serves the same role she has since Ocarina of Time (Or even Adventure of Link). Nothing has really changed.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Impa has been more relevant than Sheik, but I do think it would be a little disrespectful to replace Sheik just because of relevance.

The roles the two characters have served aren't really comparable either.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Oh, you mean, like what happened with Mega Man in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 where Mega Man appeared as a costume for Zero?

But then again, I have always believed that if Sakurai had kept Ness but CHANGED HIS NAME TO NINTEN, there would be an outcry over this because it's not Ness. :rolleyes:
I can't believe Mega Man is just a costume of Zero in Marvel vs. Capcom 3. This is the worst insult to him ever.

Also, my moveset of Impa. It could be added to the main post.

Neutral B - Avoid and Counter

If an enemy tries to attack Impa and you use this move, Impa kickly appears behind the enemy and you can use any of Impa's moves without any starting lag to counter the attack. You can only avoid if you want.

Side B - Swift Move

Impa runs forward. This does no damage, but you can cancel the move into any other move you want. This serves mostly as a recovery or a kicker way of reaching enemies.

Up B - Quick Jump

Impa kicly jumps slightly angled forward. She does multiple hits of damage to enemies during the move.

Down B - Transform

Impa transforms into Zelda. If you want Impa as her own character...

Down B - Stun

Impa quickly sticks her hand forwards. This does little damage and stuns enemies. It's surprising fast, having no starting lag but only lasting for a second.

Final Smash - Zelda's Lullaby

Impa sings Zelda's Lullaby. Suddenly, the stage is covered in water, turning into an underwater stage. Your enemies can't do anything because they're drowning. Impa does not drown because she has been granted a misterious power. After a while, the stage returns to normal.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That moveset is quite creative man. Good job! I like how everything is basically made up, even though she has her abilities. This doesn't go directly against her character though, and again, is very creative and fitting. Good thing I gave you the assignment ;) Was it hard to think of moves though? What inspired you?

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
That moveset is quite creative man. Good job! I like how everything is basically made up, even though she has her abilities. This doesn't go directly against her character though, and again, is very creative and fitting. Good thing I gave you the assignment ;) Was it hard to think of moves though? What inspired you?
Basically, I did some research to see what her moves could be, but since I did not find anything that helped, I based the moveset in Sheik's ninja theme. It wasn't that hard, not as hard as doing different movesets for Olimar, Louie, Alph, Britanny and Charlie from Pikmin.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Daily reminder that if Impa gets in I'll laugh till the next milllenium comes.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why? Just cause internet people say it won't happen?

Guess what?

Impa is viable. Sheik is no guarantee just because people THINK a Down B switch gimmick is apperantly the most unique thing ever.

And even then, Impa could take a filling spot for Toon Link if he where to get cut. I just don't see Classic Link happen.

Speculator

Smash Ace
I don't have a problem with you wanting Impa, or even remaining optimistic for her inclusion, but acting complacent and self-assured is only going to reflect badly on you in a year's time. Try not to fool yourself into thinking Impa is more likely than she really is.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm not fooling myself, nor think she's too likely. But she definitely has a shot to be considered.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Question for all: What Impa you think has the best design? And which of them you'd like to see in a future title?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Fat Impa, easily. That design is the most re-occuring. I think that design has a good chance of appearing in ALBW, in fact.

And I tend to prefer non-serious characters.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Personally, I would prefer the Skyward Sword Impa just because it looks the coolest. But now I really want Fat Impa just for for the trolling I'd be able to do.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I NEVER SAID THAT WILLINGLY, A GUN WAS PUT TO MY HEAD! :urg:

No but srs, I wanted Toon Link to return. He wasn't THE most likely character to return still better than Sheik's chances though LOLE. But still, 5 Zelda reps should be no problemz.

Actually, Impa would fit in really well seen the color schemes of both Links. Even then, she'd probably borrow more realistic aspects from Link more than Toon Link. It's still possibru my man.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I would like to see a palette swap based on Fat Impa for Skyward Sword Impa. It could be her Red Team color.

Ocarina of Time Impa could work as Skyward Sword Impa's Blue Team color.

Not sure about Green Team yet... Maybe based on NES Link?

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
Fat Impa, easily. That design is the most re-occuring.
With all due regards to awesomeness that is Fat Impa, this is very disputable. We got six appearances of Impa so far, and "fat" design happened in the Oracle games. On the other hand, LoZ and AoL share elderly, short Impa. Whether we consider OoT Impa to be similar to SS one is another story, but there are two counterpoints boosting the score of old small Impa. One is that Oracle games kinda shouldn't count as your normal two games, another is spoilerish. This doesn't take aLBW into account at all, of course.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Who are you? Yes, alive and kicking. Never felt better actually.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I would :joyful: if Impa's counterpart in Lorule is an old woman named Sheik. :troll:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Who are you? Yes, alive and kicking. Never felt better actually.
Stopped seeing you in the Roster Prediction thread is all. Nice to see that you haven't died or anything.

Btw, I don't know if I've said this already, but, as a Sheik main, I would love to have a new down-b to work with (even if I don't think it's likely), and, as such, I support Impa.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yo our old pal Diddy is back. Haven't seen you for a while.
Not really back, just in a library with internet. To be honest, a break from the internet is a good thing. Eventually, I've made far more uproars (and far bigger) in real life than the infamous 'Impa debates' which even ****ing 4chan noticed. Don't expect me being 100 precent active, but except some cheers for Diddy when he's announced.

Zigzagar

Smash Journeyman
I think Impa should just be her own character with her own different moves from sheik

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I think Impa should just be her own character with her own different moves from sheik

Welcome to the forums! And yes, I agree. I think her Sheikah background grants her more than enough material to have an original moveset.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Through all my journeys and numerous encounters with strange happenings, I've learned a very important life issue:

Impa is SOOO much better than Sheik.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ok, bumping this by the request of FalKoopa, cause I keep flooding the 'Rate their changes' thread with Impa posts. Here's a little post I made today:

Impa would probably be a separate character. Makes the most sence to revamp the whole Zelda / Sheik thing. Sure, SS Zelda and Impa could be a tag-team, but that only ADDS to the reason I think Impa is the better choice overall.

Overall, it would be enough to call it a 'replacement' if Impa is there, but Sheik isn't. Consider it a change like Young Link -> Toon Link. Why aren't people going 'MUH MAJORA' or 'MUH FIRST 3D CHILD LINK' on Young Link? Cause it's been done, and accepted that's why. In all actuality, Sheik and Impa have the potential to be as different as say, Lucario and Mewtwo. But as Sheik has a completely made up moveset, Impa borrowing a few of them isn't as farfetched. Especially as Impa has shown fighting abilities on screen in SS, Sheik never did.

This is turning in a bigger rant than I wanted already. Anyway, untill I see Sheik announced on SmashBros.com -which I wouldn't expect, as TOON LINK got shown before Zelda already, which to me hints on big changes for Zelda- I won't back up on this statement.

People have their rights to PREFER Sheik, I have my rights to declare why I think Impa is a better character, and a overall better choice for a Smash Bros. character than Sheik.
Seeing as in the same thread, people are ranking Sheik higher than MEWTWO (with 3%, but still) with an attitude of 'I expect what has been done already' I find it now more pressing than ever to rather people of similar minds into this thread.

Yes, Impa's next role in Zelda 3DS is as her old self again, this is nothing to worry about however. As Sakurai would probably base Impa of Skyward Sword anyway. Link to the Past 2 will likely get NO content in Smash whatsoever, yet Impa appearing as her young warrior self also shouldn't be ruled out yet, considering the Dark World (with a new name I refuse to accept).

Soldiers of the Superiour Sheikah, I call on you. Should Skyward Sword's Impa make a solo appearance alongside Link, Zelda, Ganondorf and Toon Link instead of coupling Sheik with Zelda? I'd like to hear more opinions on this. Me personally, I think the fact that Toon Link has been announced before Zelda (or Zelda / Sheik) means that Zelda could probably see quite some changes in her playstyle and moveset this time.

Zelda is one of the more likely characters to get revealed to, next to the likes of Wario, Diddy, Yoshi or MetaKnight / King Dedede. Like with Brawl's Dojo, likely Sheik won't be featured in the same update. Hence the speculation here. Anyone still fighting for Impa behind the scenes? Let us know!

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
Got my hands on Link Between Worlds a bit earlier than expected.
Impa is also in again. Does it boost her chances for Smash4?

Top Bottom