• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Impa, the Enigmatic Sheikah, Sage of Shadow

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Do you actually think Sakurai will go for that? He loves his gimmicks. Are you predicting Zelda will be on her own this time around or is this just what you want?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I want this to happen. Not only cause of Impa, but cause of the unbalanced Zelda / Sheik gimmick. It was cute when Melee came around, it's now huge irrelevant.

And like before, designs from Zelda characters could be send from Nintendo. If Nintendo proposes Impa as an alternative from Sheik, she could very well end up playable before Sheik.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I want this to happen. Not only cause of Impa, but cause of the unbalanced Zelda / Sheik gimmick. It was cute when Melee came around, it's now huge irrelevant.

And like before, designs from Zelda characters could be send from Nintendo. If Nintendo proposes Impa as an alternative from Sheik, she could very well end up playable before Sheik.
Then Sakurai trolls you by leaving in regular Sheik and adding Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'd hate him for that yeah, but a Toon Sheik is extremely unlikely. And closest thing to a Toon Sheik actually IS Impa... So yeah.

D

Deleted member

Closest thing to a "Toon Sheik" is Tetra. Impa is not even close.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Finally finished playing Skyward Sword and it was definitely quite the experience. While the first dungeon and second pre-dungeon were some of the most infuriating Zelda experiences I had (Mostly adjusting the controls and finding out that you were supposed to traverse an area that seemed like you absolutely shouldn't) it was still a very enjoyable Zelda game. The Bow and Beetle mechanics were by far the best and I barely noticed the lack of more traditional aspects usually present in Zelda games such as boomerangs and fairy fountains.

With that being said my opinion of Impa and Sheik barely changed, if anything my perspective of Impa may have gotten slightly worse. Perhaps this was mostly due to seeing all the posts and arguments glorifying Impa and making her seem to be an extremely memorable, fascinating, impressive, and inspiring character. And it was with these expectations that led to my disappointment with the character as I felt that Skyward Sword's Impa possessed few of these qualities to a lesser degree.

However, should the Zelda series receive a 5th slot (Assuming Link, Zelda + Sheik, Ganondorf, and Toon Link return) I swing slightly towards Impa's favor. Ghirahim felt more like a puppet/nuisance in the series and I have no love for Tingle ever since Wind Waker. (That greedy SOB) Though I am slightly concerned as to how Impa should fair against the Toon Zelda/Tetra combination. From my perspective it seems that among the general fanbase of Zelda, Toon Zelda and Tetra seem to be more well known and the fact that they were planned for Brawl may or may not help their chances in the next game.

Does Impa speak out to be a Nintendo All-Star? In my opinion she has still yet to prove that.

Spire

III
BRoomer
@ kikaru — very fair assessment of Impa. While she stood out to me substantially, I can understand how overhyped she might have seemed and why you were jaded by said support.

I really enjoyed your post though, even as quasi-Impa support. I like hearing all perspectives on her because as she stands, there is potential for Impa to become a main Zelda character if Smash Bros. and Legend of Zelda play her right.

D

Deleted member

A Sheikah has far more likelyness to Sheik than a pirate.

I'm not thinking they'd pick Tetra over Impa anyway.
What is Sheik? Alternate form of Zelda.
What is Tetra? Alternate form of Zelda.
What is Impa? A nanny.

Does Tetra appear in the Toon games? Yes.
Does Impa appear in the Toon games? No.

Ergo, Tetra is the closest thing to a "Toon Sheik" that exists in the Zelda series.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Be it Tetra or Impa. Just give us a another Shiek goddammit :facepalm:

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
If there's one more slot for a Zelda character to join SSB4, do you think I will be Tetra, impa, or someone else? Explain.

D

Deleted member

Really depends on the situation.
It could be Toon Zelda (with a Toon Sheik or Tetra transformation) since that was what Sakurai initially planned as a 5th character.
It could be Tetra by herself, given that Tetra is rather significant, moreso than her Toon Zelda alter-ego.
It could be Ghirahim, given that he's the most popular and requested Zelda character that we know of at this point.
It could be Tingle, given that he became rather significant with his own series of games after Sakurai already decided upon the roster (as in, Tingle's expansion happened too late).

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Really depends on the situation.
It could be Toon Zelda (with a Toon Sheik or Tetra transformation) since that was what Sakurai initially planned as a 5th character.
It could be Tetra by herself, given that Tetra is rather significant, moreso than her Toon Zelda alter-ego.
It could be Ghirahim, given that he's the most popular and requested Zelda character that we know of at this point.
It could be Tingle, given that he became rather significant with his own series of games after Sakurai already decided upon the roster (as in, Tingle's expansion happened too late).
If Ghirahim is the most requested Zelda character for SSB4. Doesn't that make him the most likely candidate to take that last Zelda character slot?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
If Ghirahim is the most requested Zelda character for SSB4. Doesn't that make him the most likely candidate to take that last Zelda character slot?
Not necessarily. There are other factors, like importance in the series, long term feasibility, along with popularity.

D

Deleted member

Not necessarily. There are other factors, like importance in the series, long term feasibility, along with popularity.
This.

Not all popular characters get in.
For example; Ganondorf was the most popular and requested Zelda character for a Smash sequel after the original.
Zelda/Sheik was added first in Melee, and Ganondorf only got in as a clone when Sakurai decided that Melee's roster was too small after all the non-clones were finished.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
This.

Not all popular characters get in.
For example; Ganondorf was the most popular and requested Zelda character for a Smash sequel after the original.
Zelda/Sheik was added first in Melee, and Ganondorf only got in as a clone when Sakurai decided that Melee's roster was too small after all the non-clones were finished.
Ganondorf being made a clone really pissed me off, give him his original moveset and please.. Make him use his sword ...

Spire

III
BRoomer
As far as Ganondorf's weaponry goes, they could go one of several routes:
  • A kind of 'catch all' design, giving this unique Ganondorf the Trident a la OoT's Phantom Ganon.
  • WW Ganondorf with his two swords.
  • SS-style Ganondorf (I'm sure there's some unseen artwork for him withheld from Hyrule Historia) with Demise's Sword.
  • Ganondorf based on a new appearance from either ALttP 2 or Zelda Wii U, most likely armed with a sword(s) or trident.
  • Twilight Princess Ganondorf with Sage Sword.
Despite this list, Ganondorf could easily continue playing as a martial warlock.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Don't forget playstyle potential. Yes, we all know that we have Capt. Ganondorf, but everyone pretty much agrees that should've been gone by Brawl, but it didn't happen for some bizarre reason. The whole gameplay is, again, why I'm adamant about Zelda being standalone. I feel Sheik is holding her back. Right now, she's a weak, slow, pathetic character when you can see there's so much potential in her.

On Tingle, that dude can go die in a fire after Wind Waker.

D

Deleted member

I would post a creepy Tingle image with the caption "how can you hate this guy?", but I figure that would be in bad taste. :troll:

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
As far as Ganondorf's weaponry goes, they could go one of several routes:
  • A kind of 'catch all' design, giving this unique Ganondorf the Trident a la OoT's Phantom Ganon.
  • WW Ganondorf with his two swords.
  • SS-style Ganondorf (I'm sure there's some unseen artwork for him withheld from Hyrule Historia) with Demise's Sword.
  • Ganondorf based on a new appearance from either ALttP 2 or Zelda Wii U, most likely armed with a sword(s) or trident.
  • Twilight Princess Ganondorf with Sage Sword.
Despite this list, Ganondorf could easily continue playing as a martial warlock.
Exactly. Ganondorf has a lot of unique moveset that can be applied to his character in the Smash series. But no, they just made him Captain Falcon's clone... Why? Cause **** logic that's why :facepalm:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I fail to see how Tingle is a greedy *******. His prices for Triforce Chart decipering in Wind Waker where not THAT much. Just 398 Rupees, which is close to nothing if you can carry 5000 around. Besides, most of the 'dungeons' where you find the Triforce Charts have a lot of Rupees anyway. Take the ones where you have to beat all monsters in the rooms for example, with the huge pillars in the 'lobby room'. Just destroy those pillars with the Skull Hammer and you will fill that Wallet within no time.

Anyway, Impa is awesome.

D

Deleted member

Exactly. Ganondorf has a lot of unique moveset that can be applied to his character in the Smash series. But no, they just made him Captain Falcon's clone... Why? Cause **** logic that's why :facepalm:
No, he was made a clone because he was popular and fit C. Falcon's body frame. He wasn't even going to be in Melee in the first place until Sakurai decided to add to the characters.
And as an FYI, most of that "potential" didn't really exist in Melee's time. Like Zelda and Sheik, he would have to been given something random and out of the blue aside from Dead Man's Volley and possibly the sword from the Spaceworld Tech Demo (which in itself is random and out of the blue).

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
No, he was made a clone because he was popular and fit C. Falcon's body frame. He wasn't even going to be in Melee in the first place until Sakurai decided to add to the characters.
And as an FYI, most of that "potential" didn't really exist in Melee's time. Like Zelda and Sheik, he would have to been given something random and out of the blue aside from Dead Man's Volley and possibly the sword from the Spaceworld Tech Demo (which in itself is random and out of the blue).
I agree on the clone for Melee. However, still making him a clone for brawl was unacceptable in my point of view. As I said above, Ganon has enough abilities to create his own unique moveset. Not seeing the effort spent on Ganon makes me irritated, hopefully they'll fix it in SSB4.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I agree on the clone for Melee. However, still making him a clone for brawl was unacceptable in my point of view. As I said above, Ganon has enough abilities to create his own unique moveset. Not seeing the effort spent on Ganon makes me irritated, hopefully they'll fix it in SSB4.
I actually constructed a moveset idea under Ganondorf's page that is entirely unique and more well balanced I feel, check it out if you want, its one of (if the not THE) last responses on the page.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah it's awesome. Would you be able to do a Impa moveset to?

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
I actually constructed a moveset idea under Ganondorf's page that is entirely unique and more well balanced I feel, check it out if you want, its one of (if the not THE) last responses on the page.
Just had a look at it, seems creative and genuine. Plus, you just proved my point on how big Ganondorf's moveset pool is and how it can be used as his own unique moveset in brawl. Seeing all the uniqueness go to waste and still making Ganon a clone is frustrating.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
People I honestly think I am gonna do that Impa moveset soon.

Any suggestions?

IMPA FAWR GAWD TIER BIAAAAAATCHZZZZ

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Suggestions...

[collapse="THE BEST SUGGESTION EVARRRRR"]Copy and paste Sheik's moveset and call it a day. :troll:[/collapse]

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I believe I had posted this moveset before...

B: Reflect Shield
Impa makes a shield that deflects projectiles. Similar to how she blocks Ghirahim's attack in Skyward Sword.

Up B: Deku Nut Vanish
Throwing a Deku Nut, Impa vanishes in an instant to the direction of the control stick. Similar to Sheik but different, because as soon as the Deku Nut hits the ground she immediately teleports to the desired place. On air, she throws the nut anyway, but the move is performed more like Sheik.

Side B: Knife Throw
Kind of fits her. She could throw a sharp knife, like a ninja would throw a kunai or something. Would attack on a straight line and would be a fast move. No KO potential, though. Meant to be used as an approaching move.

Down B: Shadow Bomb
A chargeable attack, Impa uses her powers to charge a ball of darkness in her hand, while holding B. Release B and she lets it go, hitting the ground and causing it to explode in a sphere of darkness. The longer you charge, the bigger the area would be and the more damage would be dealt. Similar to her energy ball move she uses before escaping to the Time Gate, but with darkness theme to reference her appearance as the Sage of Shadow in OoT.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Did I already say you are awesome?

Cause you are.

Top Bottom