• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMO, Snake sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

n88

Smash Lord
Wow. A topic that goes against popular opinion with little to no evidence as to why that doesn't really need its own thread. Did YesNoMaybeSo die? I think this guy's channeling him.

(Logic, please?)

Haileo

Smash Cadet
well...

-Snake has no good moves (all of his moves are mostly projectiles, and IMO, I don't like projectiles)
-not too much killing moves
-horrible jump
-bad speed
-takes a few seconds to do smashes and can be combo'd on making snake unable to attack/move

for a few

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
well...

-Snake has no good moves (all of his moves are mostly projectiles, and IMO, I don't like projectiles)
-horrible jump
-bad speed
-takes a few seconds to do smashes and can be combo'd on making snake unable to attack/move

for a few
I completely disagree about killing moves, because he has arguably the highest amount of it in the game. Except Cypher and down throw, all of his moves can kill.

Snake is NOT slow, look at his tilts and mortar slide. His jump is not horrible, but his aerials are all very laggy in both ending and landing lag.

Snake's smashes are good (his forward smash is very laggy, but has huge reward). Snake is just a character that takes skill to use.

This thread should really be closed, because the title sound just as an opinion without reasons. This should be a blog, not a thread.

Haileo

Smash Cadet
I completely disagree about killing moves, because he has arguably the highest amount of it in the game. Except Cypher and down throw, all of his moves can kill.

Snake is NOT slow, look at his tilts and mortar slide. His jump is not horrible, but his aerials are all very laggy in both ending and landing lag.

Snake's smashes are good (his forward smash is very laggy, but has huge reward). Snake is just a character that takes skill to use.

This thread should really be closed, because the title sound just as an opinion without reasons. This should be a blog, not a thread.
are you smoking weed or something?

snake can basically only kill at ~120%
snake is one of the most slowest in the game
none of snake's smashes are good (IMO)

Haileo

Smash Cadet
lol

Snake racks up characters to 120% real quickly and U-tilts them.
DACUS.
CoughUSmashCough
k
I don't see too much use in DACUS, other than getting closer/moving faster.
I don't see too much use in USmash either, it sucks.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
k
I don't see too much use in DACUS, other than getting closer/moving faster.
I don't see too much use in USmash either, it sucks.
You really need to go to Character Discussion and do some research on good ol' Chuck Norris. Mortal Slide plays a decent role w/ Snake gettin' around the stage, and much more.:026:

Hyesz

Smash Journeyman
Nah, he's got the killing moves.

The other points are kinda right.

You forgot to mention the good points he has though.

Snake is an over-played and over-rated douche, but he isn't bad at all.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Just move this to the User Blogs for casual players to discuss. Most people on the boards play the game competitively and when some1 says "Snake sucks", they'll get disrespected. Unless they see you as a scrub.

My point is this doesn't belong here. It doesn't belong ANYWHERE since it's not worth discussing.:026:

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Snake is just so unique, his moves have a use that no other moves of the same type have. His up tilt is like an up smash, but lighting fast with invisible range. The same goes to his ftilt, with lighting speed, invisible range and hitting like a forward smash. Being so heavy like Snake is a HUGE advantage. You really should know Snake's stage control is also amazing and what more? Projectiles are so good.

Snake CAN kill below 120% what are you saying? He can blow you up at far lower percents with fsmash. Also his C4 kills at lower than this. And fair sourspot also kills at pretty low percents near the top, the foot being one of the strongest spikes in the game, to include a dair, a nair, an uair...

Snake doesn't suck at all at killing, it's the complete opposite.

Snake doesn't suck at all, this is a joke thread. You just lack knowledge of Snake. And if you suck with Snake, don't play him.

-Ran

Smash Master
And new players typically attribute Ike and the like being the best characters in the game. When it comes to fighting games, the characters that have the best set ups and ability to survive while being safe are the ones that tend to be the great ones. Snake has many things going for him, such as his down throw that leads to a tech chase. Pending on your ability to read your opponent you can regrab them, or if you are focused on simply damage, perform a forward tilt. Suddenly one grab becomes 30% damage. At later percents, it becomes a method to set up easy kills.

Though Snake doesn't have a traditional Forward Smash, his Forward Tilt and Down Tilt have significant damage for what they are. They both have kill potential, but since Forward Tilt it utilized mostly for spacing and shield pressure you don't see it too often unless the Snake can get a grab and pummel to fresh his moves. Up Tilt, U air, C4, landmine, and bair are the traditional Snake killing moves. There are some set ups that make the incredibly dair functional for crazy early kills.

One of Snake's true strengths is his weight. He's one of the heaviest characters in the game, but he has one of the better recoveries that allows him to come in high on the stage. Due to this, a Snake can burn his jump to DI something that would usually kill him. Snake starts to live to incredible percentages, and so an opponent begins to decay their kill moves. However, in order to utilize his weight the best, a Snake player needs to SDI out of every early combo possible.

The other strength that goes with his weight is his camp game. Between Grenades, b-reversal, C4, land mines, and Mortars, Snake can create a wall of protection against his opponents. My personal view is that for every 5% damage Snake does to someone, they need to do 10% to make the match even. This makes Snake's grenades on a scale similar to forward Smashes.

Also, Snake is a character that shines out of perfect shield. It's something new players aren't going to be doing often to know. But every perfect shield can set up a down throw tech chase, or at the worst a forward Tilt.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
well...

-Snake has no good moves (all of his moves are mostly projectiles, and IMO, I don't like projectiles) FTILT, UTILT, GRENADES, USMASH, BAIR, NAIR.....
-not too much killing moves Utilt, Ftilt, C4....
-horrible jump He has Cypher and can survive if it doesn't go far enough with C4 jumping
-bad speed DACUS
-takes a few seconds to do smashes and can be combo'd on making snake unable to attack/move Grenades stop combos (if ur smart enough to pull it out)

for a few
Snake (IMO) isn't #2 but definatly not under #4.

Pink murder

Smash Ace

well...

-horrible jump
-bad speed

for a few
are you smoking weed or something?

snake can basically only kill at ~120%
snake is one of the most slowest in the game
none of snake's smashes are good (IMO)
☠
I think you should read up on your MU'S :p
☠

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
i lol'd at this thread. I should know that Snake is not a sucky character. Just the grenade mindgames alone makes him great. Seriously i always fall for it. Tech chase is so annoying, and i even ROFL'd at the ''no killing moves''. Utilt is so ****in broken, a lot of range for a foot that goes straight up and Ftilt is just good.

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
Lol metaknight sucks cause he dies at like 80 damage, i mean come on, hes so light and none of his moves do any damage, he cant do anything
IMO
/sarcasm

Go play ally's snake and tell him it doesnt suck
2nd game we played he Dthrow techchased me from 20 to 65, it was not pretty

Have you ever played a snake? hes effing amazing

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
No, no, I agree with the OP - Snake just really sucks. He really just has no potential in this game.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I don't know what's worse, that this is a stupidly obvious Troll thread, or that poeple wasted the time to reply.

*Closes and Infracts*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom