• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMDB (Madison, WI) Results

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Sanchaz has never beaten me in tournament.

Also 2 sets of 1st seeds had to play in winners quarters because there were 6 pools into an uneven bracket. Both Me/Scythe and ORLY/TomR had to play in quarters.

No one is johning placement lol.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
It's more bracket structure and seeding that I am arguing, because there were other interesting occurences like 2 2nd seeds playing each other 1st round Quaz/Amanze, and last seeds playing each other 1st round. There is also a bracket quadrant (sanchaz's ironically) that does not have a 2nd or 1st seed in it.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Blame Kels on that for not getting 1st seed otherwise it would've been a wonderful quarters with me vs Kels.

I don't think you want to play me. I think you have a severe lack of understanding in how good me and scythe are if you think you are lucky to have that.

john!

Smash Hero
i'm not really talking about myself. there are three other smashers in madison alone that i believe could beat you or scythe, probably both.

also, judging by placements, you and scythe both lost every bracket match after your quarters match, so for you to say that your section of the bracket is unfair (compared to me, who didn't even get a shot at anyone 4 places above me) doesn't make sense; if anything, you had it relatively easy, and i should be the one complaining about the seeding (but i won't, because ace is a relatively new t.o. and the tourney ran very smoothly).

reeeeeeally tired of people underestimating and dismissing wisconsin's success, because i know how much effort they have been putting into their melee game. i apologize if i sound like a douche.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
whatever. nobody is going to respect wisconsin smash for a while, and that irritates me.
TEAM MOONWALK.

god who gives a rats behind. oro go get wasted or something. I couldn't care less where I place. I just wanted a tournament with people eating pizza having fun. btw, I HELPED PAY FOR. I don't want a thank you, seriously. I just wanted peeps to enjoy madtown. have chicago look at the capitol, and be all like wisconsin has the best pizza.

I was going to do s.o.'s but i got distracted by dante posters, hang on

john: lmao, r u drunk.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
After I played Scythe, I played Amanze in losers.

Also if we are just talking about seeding, you played a 4th seed 1st round as a 4th seed. That seems like a pretty fair trade instead of getting a 1/2 seed.

Let's just get drunk and play 64 sanchaz.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
After I played Scythe, I played Amanze in losers.

Also if we are just talking about seeding, you played a 4th seed 1st round as a 4th seed. That seems like a pretty fair trade instead of getting a 1/2 seed.

Let's just get drunk and play 64 sanchaz.
lol, challenge accepted. I'm good at the first part

ORLY

Smash Master
I asked Tom how to beat Mario with Falcon on the way home and all he said was "you don't"

Mario's broken. Can't hit that little ****er.

Quaz

Smash Master
reeeeeeally tired of people underestimating and dismissing wisconsin's success, because i know how much effort they have been putting into their melee game. i apologize if i sound like a douche.
This is why I was so upset about Kels and Chris beating you guys =(

w/e though.. it was a close set.

Quaz

Smash Master
I'll do some shouts

John: ggs and all, but do you really think you're THAT much better than me? *sigh* =(
Chexr: almost had ya man! Even though you appeared to mess up a lot of stuff. Too bad you lost to Chris, but that guy is gettin too good.
Tom: Mario hm? Much respect to you
Amanze: Phew, your sheik had me scared at first, but I managed somehow.
Sago: sorry for being so salty, I love your greasy sheik =D ggs.
masked sheik: come to tourneys more. Would be nice to see you at smashing grounds.
Max Burger: Gosh I didnt think peach vs zelda could be so entertaining when both players are aggressive as hell. I hope you see you again soon.

MN smashers: Please be sure to whip sync into shape so we can win a teams tournament some day ;)

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
Could have (and should have?) been five pools of 3 and three pools of 4. Then there would be no problem. Live and learn.

And like Sanchaz said, tournaments are about a fun atmosphere and playing people you normally don't, which was excellent at this one imo. The whole singles tournament finished in 4.5 hours, even without cutting 40% of people after pools. Also, the venue was nice and there was free food. Overall a success, I'd say.

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
Could have (and should have?) been five pools of 3 and three pools of 4. Then there would be no problem. Live and learn.

And like Sanchaz said, tournaments are about a fun atmosphere and playing people you normally don't, which was excellent at this one imo. The whole singles tournament finished in 4.5 hours, even without cutting 40% of people after pools. Also, the venue was nice and there was free food. Overall a success, I'd say.
Like button. Couldn't have said it better myself.

ORLY

Smash Master
yeah don't sweat it, ace

i mean, free pizza and street fighter side events? no complaints here, my man

you guys need to host more often. twice a year is unacceptable

Mundungu

Smash Lord
I think the plan was to do monthlies during school, if I'm not mistaken. If that's true, when is the next date for this?

I'll do SOs and vids later today.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
i'd go to every one of these that are hosted in the future this was a very fun event! thanks to dungle and sanchaz for housing and a good time!

my goals for next time: beat scythe and dungle and don't lose to a sheik!

and for those of u who played my fox and marth... which char do u think i should stick with? been wanting to just stick w marth but i dunno... i lose to marth dittos real bad so it forces me to go fox, but my fox plays off a lot and i gotta go him when i dont want to sometimes :( like when i see a marth or sheik

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Sanchaz has never beaten me in tournament.

Also 2 sets of 1st seeds had to play in winners quarters because there were 6 pools into an uneven bracket. Both Me/Scythe and ORLY/TomR had to play in quarters.

No one is johning placement lol.
6 pools?! LOL

Looks like someone made a rookie TO mistake...

What issues are there with pools of too many or two few? The possibility of having to wait for a pool to finish early?
i mean, free pizza and street fighter side events? no complaints here, my man

you guys need to host more often. twice a year is unacceptable
I think the plan was to do monthlies during school, if I'm not mistaken. If that's true, when is the next date for this?
Sam gave me the impression that there wouldn't be one for a while.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Well...yeah. This was my first time running a tournament with more than 15 people.
Understandable. It's just, the first thing you should learn as a TO is that you can only do pools of 2, 4, 8, 16, etc. if you want to transition into bracket. Otherwise you'll be choosing arbitrarily over which 1st seeds have to play another 1st seed in quarters and which 1st seeds get to play a 2nd seed in quarters. That shouldn't happen.

I'm sure the next one will be done better, and sorry if I came off as condescending or anything, I just tend to be more meticulous over pools/seeding/brackets than most other TOs.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Was LightsOutAce using his own program to run the tournament? I could've sworn tio gives a warning message if you try to use a non-2^x number of pools.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
I was using TIO. TIO just says something like "there weren't a 2^x number of pools, check the bracket to make sure it's not terrible." It wasn't as terrible as Oro was making it out to be, Sanchaz for example beat two no.1 seeds on his way to winner's finals, so I think he earned it.

Next tournament I host will run even smoother and I won't make the same mistakes. I'm studying really hard for an actuarial exam in November, so I can't hold anything until after Nov. 22. I also need to hold them on days there isn't a home football game because then there wouldn't be free parking anywhere. Next one will probably be early December/late November, then there will almost certainly be one in February.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I was using TIO. TIO just says something like "there weren't a 2^x number of pools, check the bracket to make sure it's not terrible." It wasn't as terrible as Oro was making it out to be, Sanchaz for example beat two no.1 seeds on his way to winner's finals, so I think he earned it.
I would say that you got lucky, then, since tio has a chance of spontaneously combusting, breaking the universe, or duplicating entrants in the bracket when you ignore that warning. Definitely try to go for either 4 or 8 pools next time.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
I would say that you got lucky, then, since tio has a chance of spontaneously combusting, breaking the universe, or duplicating entrants in the bracket when you ignore that warning. Definitely try to go for either 4 or 8 pools next time.
Yeah, I'll definitely do that next time (even though it seems weird to have pools with 3 or 6 people) so there's no controversy. And I already know TIO kinda sucks.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
Yeah, the material is pretty intuitive, but there's just SO MUCH. My notebook of formulas alone is 21 pages. Did you take MFE? There's no class for it so I need to do it all on my own.

Tink

Smash Hero
real talk.....WI wants to be considered good? travel to a good region and beat us 0_0. so far, only frootloop/quaz are trying to accomplish that it seems :/.

also, whenever its your first tournament, the first thing u should do is take PLENTY of advice during your tournament from other TOs that have been there and trouble shooted it themselves. their advice can easily teach u how its done, and once u learn it, its easy to recreate the experience.

mist was Z.Banes first tournament, and be cause he made it a point to make sure he was doing every step right from other TOs, it was a great success.

props to everyone that went and did well.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
??? what does mlc stand for, oh well.

For MARVEL BABY

Mundungu: I felt seriously felt bad winning the set against you, we should make the game 3 dollar entry next time.......but by that time, umvc3 will come out, so who knows?
Chexr: CHEAP TIER *****R. lol. but tron is legit. I had fun. and I know I also tier ***** but mvc3 is just so BAD. maybe next time we can do modok dittos, :D. but 2nd game was the dumbest thing I've ever seen, I knew every time you were going to grab me, and prepare to tech, but failed every time, WTF.
fatboy: I don't think our set was legit, too many drop combos from both sides, eh, youshould troll online with doom hidden missile asset, :D
spondejorden: I had fun playing ya bro, I wish I could play more but needed to organize the pizza stuff.
orange shirt dude: zero is so cool! :), not dante cool, but still so cool.

Alright you melee peeps

Chexr: Regardless if it was tournament or freindlies, I love playing with you, I don't think I could take a match with you seriously, I believe you have earn a team moonwalk award, team zies next time.
max dude: AHHHHHHHH!
wake: you should yell like I do to improve your play.
Orly: yeah, you destroyed me in sf4ae, but I had fun, wish we could of play again in melee, believe it or not, change your ugly *** avatar.
oro: smash 64 is bad. who cares.
quaz: mother ****er. where the hell is your charizard toy, wanted to se that thing again.
sync: I WILL MISS OUR TDI CHATS, seriously, I thank you so much for intoducing me to such a great show. I hope you have fun in minnesota, freinds forever, :). but courtney is overated, :D
spikes: GOD DAMIT! I wanted to show you moonwalking in blast corps,lol
fluxwolf and dudes: I hope you guys drove back safe, however should of saw MOSS MAN!
yoshq: congrats on placing 2nd, team moonwalk, and I hope you partied hard in you MADTOWN, hahaha.
lightsoutace: yo, you ran tourney fine, just remember what would captain falcon do???....yeah
kels: I actually learn a lot in our set, but kinda of messed up towards the end. oh well, HOW COME YOU DIDN"T PLAY PIKACHU, ARGGHHH.
r brothers: yeah, I'm going to be honest, I'm not sure why you guys never said a word to me. I don't like that.
the one that played mario/falcon: I really liked your mario, I felt their was a hitbox around it. not sure about the falcon to be honest.
the one that played that GOD DAM BIRD: I didn't feel we had a legit set to be honest. I felt as if I mess up so much stuff, and I also thought you had some problems with falco. hopefully we can both play better next time.
amaze: lol, why samus.
vintage: I'm really glad you made it out too see us and eat pizza, hope you had fun.
The melee dudes that I played in pools: FALCON PAWNCH! I hope you guys had fun

The brawl peeps such as arty, kain, hunger, and yes even the one that loves kirby (triple r): I love having you guys over. I hope you guys had a great time, I will make sure to include pizza for you guys in the future as well, I love the brawl peeps to, EXCEPT THE ONES THAT HAVE ANIME CHICKS AS THEIR AVATAR, CREEPY.

I will buy pizza for every one at these and try to include drinks by request, even the goofy ones like...well whatever. I really hope that everyone had fun.

team moonwalk

Top Bottom