• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMDB 5 Results, Madison, WI

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
Cactuar Stamina Pancake Ruleset

1. loser of last match picks a stage
2. both players random
3. winner of last match chooses to re-random his character, his opponents, or pass.
4. loser of last match chooses to re-random his character, his opponents, or pass.
5. play game

repeat until set is over

Sets are best of 7 (stamina mode is 1 stock)

2 stage bans per set

RPS or judgement hammers or something to decide who flips first for game 1.
game 1 stage is random.

Banned stages:
temple
depths
icicle mountain

the rest are legal
turned out fantastic. hypest moment I think was kels vs max game 7 1% each

cactuar we're going to be running it at all our tournies if you ever find yourself in madison =)

Maxwell Too Swell

Smash Apprentice
SHOUTOUTS!

-Kels: GGs in pools. You clearly just know how to mess Zelda up. I'm taking you out of whatever next pancake tournament we're both in.

-Frootloop: Always fun hanging out with you, Frank. Glad we actually got to play friendlies and commentate together this time.

-MDZ: Nice seeing you again, Matt. GGs in the pancake tournament. I honestly didn't think I was going to beat you LOL.

-RRR: Good job repping MN so well. Definitely the talk of the tournament in my book.

-Wake: Can always rely on you to wreck people. Good job and thanks for teaming with me. RoyalPain4lyfe.

-ORLY: GGs in our set. Really thought I could have had game 1, but you had it. I'll keep practicing this matchup so I can win the next time we play. Sorry if I disappointed you when I lost to Kels in stamina LOL.

-Black Hayate: It was a pleasure to finally get to play you. Your sheik MESSED ME UP. Zelda's a baddie. Also, good job in the crew battle, MVP.

-The Good Doctor: I didn't get to play you, but we talked a bit. It was nice to finally meet you. Good job in teams and Pancake.

-Vino: I've learned to NEVER play you on a big stage. I'm going to get you with kicks next time.

-Gibby: Your Sheik is so solid, dude. Keep it up!

-Mundungu: Thanks for housing the MN crew for 2 nights. We really appreciate it. I also had a lot of fun staying up with you and Frank on that last night. Gonna play that Octodad haha.

-Quaz: It was nice to finally play you. I'm sure we'll duke it out again.

-YoshQ: I only got to play you in doubles, but GGs. Always good to see you, sir.

-LOA: Thank you for hosting these, man. I had a ton of fun!

-Zicore: It was nice meeting you, dude.

-Sanchaz: Always fun being stupid with you. Next time we need to get in some stupid commentary, too.

-Housewife: Good games! Keep playing and that Sheik will probably smoke me like every other one on the planet haha.

Always a pleasure Wisconsin crew! Hope to see you all again soon!

Mundungu

Smash Lord
This was an awesome tournament, I'm glad we got to witness the power of Cactuar Stamina Pancake!

MN - I'm glad you guys could make it, that was a really fun / close crew battle. Mad props to you guys for travelling to MI and then WI two weeks in a row! That's some dedication.
RRR - It's fun / refreshing playing new characters. You surprise everyone whenever you show up to one of these, and this was no exception. Grats on winning teams.
Wake - I didn't get to play you at all, but I didn't have to play any peaches, so that's ok. We'll play next time for sure. I'm eating your Denny's.
Max Berger - It was fun hanging out playing some pancake matches. You should come up with a goal to Nintendogs, it could be the next Octodad!
Bluezaft - Good to see you at this thing. Grats on winning teams, next time do it with a sword!

IL
Kels - I don't know how you do it, but you seem unbeatable in losers bracket (if there isn't a kirby in the way). Good job on your wins and clutch game 7s.
MattDotZeb - Fun games. Hopefully we'll have closer games next time once I stop dying to side B.
ORLY - Glad you made it out. You hyped up the real tournament more than anyone at this thing. Sorry about the wobbling thing, but it is best of 7. You can't get so salty about one game in a 7 game set.
The Good Doctor - Good job in Cactuar Stamina Pancake, you were the only one to beat Kels! Your army of secondaries finally came in handy.
Meneks - I didn't get to play you either. We should play next time, I need some fox practice.
Ten - Fun tourney matches. You just gotta let loose and throw out some random moves more. See you at the next Chicago tourney.

WI
LightsOutAce - Thanks for running brackets again. It was cool to have someone commentating most of the time too. I think I'm going to make the stream a regular thing, so hopefully we'll get more viewers next time.
Frootloop - You're reverse Kels unfortunately. You just gotta keep your tech skill up while waiting for matches and you'll start winning these things.
Asian Hayate - Fun teaming with you as usual, it's too bad I played like **** all day. We'll do some streaming stuff next fight night.
Gibby - Good job playing better at this one. I feel like you should have had that set vs Wake, but there's always next time.
Vino - Glad you could make it. You did pretty well in the crew battle on your last stock. You should come to Thursday fests more!
Quaz - Thanks for coming, it was good seeing you again. I hope this wasn't the last straw for you. You can always come to these things and not enter singles if it's that stressful on you.
YoshQ - Didn't get to play you, but it was good seeing you. You and CFR are getting a lot better.
Zicore - It was awesome seeing you again. Don't get down on doing poorly in tournament. You are by far the most retired out of everyone there. It would be sweet if you moved to Madison.
CrossFadingRage - You've gotten a lot better. Your combos are really solid, you just need to work on your neutral game.
Hunger - Good seeing you again. It's cool to see you show up to these things just to hang out. We'll put you on the WI next time.
Sanchaz - Too bad you had to leave early. We would have put you in vs RRR if you didn't have to work, but oh well.
Rev6 - I'm glad you could make it. Hopefully the streams prepped you for the craziness that was Cactuar Stamina Pancake.
Genkaku - Good to see you again, sorry I couldn't get any friendlies in. We'll play at the next one.
Red Ryu - Those were really fun pancake matches. Hope to see you at the next one.

I'll be transferring vids over to youtube later this week. I will post a video thread with pancake matches by this weekend. Matt.Zeb, let me know when you upload vids, and I can add them to the thread.

LightsOutAce - thanks for hosting. if you ever need a venue, i still think you should try getting Kryptonite Kollectables since you know how to deal w/ venues... and you play MtG so you could get in on that too
Frootloop - you sir are the man
Asian Hayate - Shoryuken!!!!!!!!!!
Gibby - hopefully i get better next time
Quaz - i thought someone was gonna get clocked by a thrown controller not gonna lie
YoshQ - GGs in brawl, hopefully i either can get better w/ GnW or w/ a 2ndary
Hunger - you shoulda gotten a spot in crews, GL w/ ur surgery( i can't speel)
Rev6 - you seem to be getting better at both melee and brawl. hopefully you can get ur luigi and mewtwo to tourney shape
Red Ryu - GGs in both melee and brawl, my luigi seemd to get better, and like nothing will stop me from hating the lucario MU
Mundungu: dat stream, you should have someone at the stream at all times to see who's what port. and u got my port wrong in my pancake set vs ten
Xeylode: the snake ditto one of my favorite MUs, and i shouldn't have went 90% snake in the brawl event
Akiro: you sir are probly a top 5 sheik, but you need to go to more, Traveling is a must if you want to brawl in WI

sanchaz

Smash Lord
OMG, I am just like godlike at commentary. Take notes, jesus chirst!

I think that I'll just rewatch the matches I commentate just to hear myself. YES!!!!

Mundungu

Smash Lord
I'll be putting up the vids thread tonight, with all tourney matches I have recorded.

ORLY & Frootloop, you guys still owe me $65 from the Big House. The hotel was $15 / night, and gas was $20.

Wake, you can see your pool here starting at 1:51:30:

http://www.twitch.tv/mundungu/b/335472650

I don't think I'll be uploading those to youtube, just bracket matches.

Triple R

Smash Lord
Shoutouts

Kels - Stop hating on Kirby. He's super cool. He just doesn't like foxes. Good job getting 1st. Didn't get to play you in singles though.

Frootloop - Thought you maybe were going to win the tourney, but then Kels looked like he was doing really well in GF. You got Kels next time. Kinda surprised our set went to 3rd match too. Gotta watch out for those chessy Kirby gimps.

MattDotZeb - Fun matches. You're one of the lucky few who got to play 2 sets against me. Definitely have a few notes to jot down about falco from playing you and Frootloop. I was going to ask what channel you were going to upload videos too, but I saw you made a midwestmelee channel.

RRR - :kirby2:

Wake - About time I beat you in a set. Happened out of state, though, for better or for worst. After the Kirbycide I felt like you got really unsafe and rushed into things. I felt like I got you with more dtilt gimps than usual too.

ORLY - I think this is the first time I've actually played you in singles bracket before. You weren't lying either. You were throwing out bairs all day long like me lol. The last match you ran right up to me and shorthop kneed to catch my spot dodge. After that I refused to spotdodge! Close and intense set.

Black Hayate - Fun crew match and some friendlies night before. Kirby can't compete with your shoryukens!

The Good Doctor - We haven't played in singles bracket for a while. Got plenty of matches in teams though. Watch out for my crouches!

Max Berger - I would've been a little sad if you didn't make it out of pools. You were so close to beating Kels in the pancake tourney. Why didn't you close it out!?!?

Vino - I heard you call teams dumb in commentary! "Throw out attacks and hope for the best." I hope that's not how you really feel, cause that's not the case at all. Teams actually creates some interesting situations.

Gibby - Someday you'll destory me lol. Kirby can only crouch so long. I'm assuming you'll forget my advice before the next time we play, so I'll say some. Use needles and dsmash agaisnt my crouching. It hurts me a lot.

Mundungu - Don't let me Kirbycide you in pools! Everyone gets hit by it eventually though. Thanks for housing though. You're place is really nice, and you're super easy. If you ever need housing MN, say something and we'll find a good place for ya.

Quaz - I heard vino powershielded a bob-omb back at you to win a match. That sounds really unfortunate.

YoshQ - You're always getting better at Melee. The funny thing is that your brawl strategies are actually really good for beating Kirby lol. Good thing I have enough experience/tolerance for uphill battles. I didn't feel like you were really playing that well in our Brawl set though. Hoping for a better match next time!

LightsOutAce - Thanks for helping host the tourney. One of the many sheiks I played. I feel like there are way too many sheiks in the WI/IL area lol. You guys should be able to trade secrets and such. That could be scary.

Rev6 - Fun brawl set. I don't get to play you too often.

CrossFadingRage - You keep getting better and better. You have the ability to beat me, I can tell. You just gotta go into the match confident and play it right. From what I saw of you, you are starting to get a really good grasp of falcon.

Zicore - Interesting pools matches lol. Don't play against ness and G&W too often.

Red Ryu - Our first match in brawl was pretty close. I always got to play careful against you. Keep at it.

Xeylode - I see you in the brawl results, but I don't remember playing you for some reason. Am I that forgetful? Well I hope the matches were fun :c

Bluezaft - Thanks for teaming with me. You were putting in a lot of work that helped. People overlooked you because you were teaming with a Kirby, but you were for sure putting in your fair share of work. Also thanks for letting us take your car and driving.

Sanchaz - Thanks for your commentary :)

Hopefully I didn't forget anyone. Tourney was really fun though. Wish I got out to more tournies like this. Will definitely try to keep coming in the future.

Top Bottom