• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMDB 5: MN vs WI: The Crew Battle: The Tournament

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
Date: Saturday, October 13th

640 Elm Drive, Madison, WI
https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=dejope+hall&ie=UTF-8
point “A”
There are parking lots all around.

Prices: $5.00 venue fee (includes pizza!)
$10.00 Melee singles
$20.00 Melee doubles ($10 per person)

Payout: 60/30/10 doubles
60/30/10 singles

If 31+ entrants,
1st- 55%
2nd – 25%
3rd- 10%
4th- 5%
5th- 2.5% each

Schedule:

12:30 PM – Melee doubles
3:30 PM – WI vs MN: The Crew Battle
At the conclusion of the crew battle – Melee singles

Melee Rules:

- Items off.
- 4 stock, 8 minutes.
- Team attack on., life stealing allowed.
- Ties are broken by lives then percentage. Percentage ties will replay the match with one stock on the same stage.
- Regular sets are best of 3 matches. Winners finals, losers semis, losers finals and grand finals sets are best of 5 matches.
- Controller mods are banned.
- Stalling is banned. This includes any excessive use of tactics like rising pound and wall-bombing in order to deliberately delay the match.
- Glitches like the Ice Climbers' freeze glitch and Mewtwo's Soul Stunner are also banned.
- Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: The loser cannot pick a stage he or she has won on in the set unless agreed upon by both players. Additionally, if both players agree to play on a banned stage, that stage may be played as well.
- Gentleman's Clause: If the two players agree on a change in a rule, like choosing a banned stage, they are allowed to do so. If there is no agreement, standard rules apply.

Stages:

Neutrals 1v1:
Final Destination
Dream Land
Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story

Counterpicks 1v1:
Pokemon Stadium

Neutrals 2v2:
Final Destination
Dream Land
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:
Rainbow Cruise
Jungle Japes

Set format:

1. Both players select characters. Double blind can be called if necessary.
2. Stage striking: Players eliminate stages from the Neutral Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in a 1-2-1 order.
3. The first match is played.
4. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage.
5. The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
6. The winning player of preceding match picks character.
7. The losing player picks character.
8. The next match is played.
9. Repeat steps 4-8 for all consecutive matches until the set is complete.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
Yeah, no brawl so there's time for the crew battle, which really is the main event. If we get ahead of schedule (read:into bracket) I'll run Brawl at ~6. There may be P:M too, it all depends on how things are moving.

Bring setups!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Yeah, no brawl so there's time for the crew battle, which really is the man event. If we get ahead of schedule (read:into bracket) I'll run Brawl at ~6. There may be P:M too, it all depends on how things are moving.

Bring setups!
If you want to put it on the side, I could run it myself to make it easier.

Might bring two set-ups btw.

hunger!

Smash Champion
no brawl? weak shiit. oh well. ill come hang for a bit probably since i'll be in town.

Rev. bring a brawl setup anyway :) ill mm all day in that

edit: LOL THIS IS AT DEJOPE? I'LL BE RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET , BALLLLLINNNNNN

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
I have no problem running Brawl, but the crew battle needs to happen this time, so I'm putting it first. When people enter Melee and Brawl they both run slower and this venue WILL kick us out at 11, so it's a logistical issue, not an anti-Brawl one. I would rather not have to move everyone to my living room for grand finals.

ORLY

Smash Master
mn had already said they were good to go for this date

they should be comin' hard!

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
Crew battle rules (feel free to disagree, we can talk about it):

Stages: Dreamland, Battlefield, Yoshi's
You can counterpick another legal stage, but then your opponent can change characters.
Each player is character locked if their opponent does not counterpick a stage.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
I will def be there. Crews needs to be before singles or it won't happen.

Should be able to bring 2.5 setups (one janky tv). Does anyone have recording for crews? I can set mine up with a mic if we need one.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I have no problem running Brawl, but the crew battle needs to happen this time, so I'm putting it first. When people enter Melee and Brawl they both run slower and this venue WILL kick us out at 11, so it's a logistical issue, not an anti-Brawl one. I would rather not have to move everyone to my living room for grand finals.
Who is gonna enter Brawl and Melee other than me?

I understand the viewpoint though, I may have the same problem with the one I'm working on getting, and money possibly. I'm just saying as long as we're not running too many events, if I started at 2:00 let's say for example. I could easily run it without it interfering with crews nor melee singles.

Since who is gonna enter brawl from the melee side? Maybe Sanchez with troll Ike? At most if people get some interest from the melee side I see it being 8 people at most...maybe. That's not gonna hold up melee doubles, nor the crew battles.

If you still say no, I understand, I'll just MM people in it. But I think I could run this without it wrecking anything.

hunger!

Smash Champion
just got some change of plans. I'll still be here. but only for a bit. So let me know when brawl singles is going to start. ill show up then. play, and peace.

hunger!

Smash Champion
just post an ESTIMATED time on here, and badda boom. all i need.

edit: ill be in madison all weekend, i just have other priorities

Top Bottom