• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm tired of trying and failing

Artaclaris

Smash Cadet
I have recently been putting a lot of time into my Peach and in some things really perfected it yet obvious flaws remain. My brother who is definitely one of the better players out there can somehow use bad bottom tier characters and give me a run for my money or beat me. I want to know what I have to do to really get better and really start making progress. I can read what people will do easy but I just get hit over and over anyway and it makes me mad. I've requested by PM some matches but nobody has played me on here yet. I need to play some of you who are good so you can tell me what I need to change and be more competative. I need to see what the best Peach players do so that mine can overcome these issues. Some things about my play are excellent but like I said I am tired of trying and failing because somebody can fire a laser or throw a bomb and somehow all my training unravels. Please point me out to the most useful stuff to learn as far as techniques go and somebody offer to play me. I'm counting on you guys.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Wow, someone wants to actually learn something about Peach!

If you're trying to watch videos of Peach, you should search up these notable players:

Illmatic, Silly Kyle, Kyon, Nicole, Razmakazi, King Beef, Mikey Lenetia, Yami, and Leon.

All of those players should be able to show you some form of top level play, as well as their own form/playstyle. Try to look up "most recent" videos through the filter thing on youtube, so you can see what works in our current metagame.

As far as practicing, it sounds like you may have not been playing brawl for too long. Bombs, arrows, lasers, etc are all projectiles and hazards that are abundant in a competitive community. You're going to have to deal with it, learn to shield, spotdodge, roll, and punish accordingly.

Wifi can be great practice, and I'll definitely play with you if you want every now and then. Just drop me your friend code, set up a time, and it's down. You can also sign up on www.allisbrawl.com and practice through "free play" or the "ladder system" (this is how a bunch of top level players started learning the game).

If you're just trying to learn more about Peach in general, I advice checking out Meno's Peach Guide:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=267953

If you're trying to learn tactics, strategies, or small tricks and or combos to further your Peach, try out my "Advancing Peach's Metagame Thread":

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=305350

Hope this helps!

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Happens to me to, dude. My little brother can beat me easily (don't get me wrong, he's pretty damn good). Then again he mains Meta Knight, one of my worst matchups.

I recommend doing everything Illmatic says as it's what I'm currently doing. My Peach needs a lot of work too. :3

Artaclaris

Smash Cadet
Thanks everybody I appreciate it. I actually can do a lot of the little tricks I have seen you all do in videos or in the threads but I did learn a few new ones so thanks. Any additional input is welcome or anybody who will play me.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
when i'm losing, what i like to do is really focus each match on why i'm getting hit. nothing is unavoidable, even if matchups are bad. i try not to focus too much on my own character, but rather what my opponent is doing and why it's working. it helps me adapt quickly and also not fall into bad habits

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
just relax and stop doing what gets ya hit then just try to figure out when you can do what.

just learn situations, there's a lot of them so everyone that plays this game is really pressured to walk that thin line between smart and creative.

it's a tightrope but whatev, gotta learn situations, now go play and no more pity party.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
This was the best -matic ever.
Eat a poop retawred
It is a very good one though, I can't believe I missed something so obvious though :/

on topic - Deal with it, just keep on playing and you'll eventually get better. Play with being careful and safe in mind if you're up against someone good and watch good Peach videos and see what they do and basically steal whatever they do that works and you can replicate

Artaclaris

Smash Cadet
Eat a poop retawred
It is a very good one though, I can't believe I missed something so obvious though :/

on topic - Deal with it, just keep on playing and you'll eventually get better. Play with being careful and safe in mind if you're up against someone good and watch good Peach videos and see what they do and basically steal whatever they do that works and you can replicate
Believe me, I've long come to terms with it. Thats why I started this thread in hopes of getting some specific pointers which I have and am applying. I am not as inexperienced as it probably sounds. One of my brothers is known as TLK and was one of the top 5 wifi toon links at one point and I can sometimes beat him. It seems like my problem isn't timing because I can lagcancel about everything and I don't think its a lack of combos or strings because I always use them. It seems like it mostly comes back to me not knowing how to get out of other peoples stuff. If I can keep them from ever getting set I do very well but otherwise I am in trouble. I'm going to post a short list tomorrow of specific things I would like some thoughts on. For starters though, why does our match up thing show us as having a strong advantage on Olimar? One of my brothers mains him and obviously good people won't just be pushed over but I see the matchup as this. We have no choice but to approach or we take lots of damage. Its hard as anything to get in there and hurt him because he is throwing pikmin as you come and even if you make it through he can just pivit grab you or take some shield pressure but get you after you move in. Float for longer? He can jump up and fair you which will usually beat yours because of its speed. Yeah if I get in I can hurt him pretty good but usually it doesn't make up for what he has already done and will do again if he gets out. And I never can kill a whole life in one swoop. So, somebody give me some specifics of what you do to get past pivit grabbers and the other things I mentioned. Oh, and that uair of his is a devil too. I can win but it should be easier if we have a strong advantage unless there is a tech I don't know about.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
wow, when I saw TLK I thought it was "Toon Link Killers" and pj or Houston was trolling us REALLY hard.

NearZzz

Smash Lord
there is no Lag canceling in bawl

and i know toonlinkking777

also me>peach

fact

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'd say watch matches of Peachy Desu as well, but for some ******** reason almost none of his matches are uploaded.

I think I need to correct this. Since I have a few on my Wii which are of extremely good quality for learning. Also good quality for watching.

Just remember one VEEEEEEEEEEERY important thing as Peach: You may think you have an approach, but you don't. FAir is NOT an amazing approach. Camp with turnips, wait for your opponent to come to you.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
when i'm losing, what i like to do is really focus each match on why i'm getting hit. nothing is unavoidable, even if matchups are bad. i try not to focus too much on my own character, but rather what my opponent is doing and why it's working. it helps me adapt quickly and also not fall into bad habits
This helped me a lot.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Wow, someone wants to actually learn something about Peach!

If you're trying to watch videos of Peach, you should search up these notable players:
Yami, and Leon.

To be honest I don't quite understand why you guys always mention Yami and Leon without any mention of Reaper, who has an amazing Peach in its own right. I absolutely love Yami's Peach, but with all the respect in the world to him, results-wise he gets consistenly outdone by Reaper. As for Leon, he unfortunately doesn't main Peach, and only uses her as a secondary. Admittedly when he does use her for once in a while, his Peach remains as sophisticated as ever...

Just saying beause it needed to be said imo!

:053:

Top Bottom