• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Im thinkin I invented a new Doc technique! CHECKIT OUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mix

Smash Cadet
ok well, i might not have been the first one to figure out you could do this, but i might be the first one to say its mine lol. but sorry if i remade a post, i couldnt exactly find anything that has said what i wanted to say. anyways.

first of all alot of doc users might have accidentally done this before but i like to use it occassionally in my matches as a mindgame or in friendlies for a good, "OHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" :chuckle:

full jump and pill so the pill lands infront of your opponent and bounces over them. land infront of them and downsmash. they will hit the pill and come back down RIGHT infront of you, and if they dont have good reflexes forward smash them to a low percent death.

just in case im the first one to come up with this (which im pretty sure im not)

im gonna call it the Mix.

ill try and make a video of it in the next week or so, tell me what you think and if you can find any threads about it! thanks!

BAMN

Smash Journeyman
I have done this before, most of the time by accident, and maybe not fsmash afterwards, but something. Anyways, I'm sure others have done it also, although don't know if it has a name seeing as how it doesn't work 100%.

Mix

Smash Cadet
actually i bet if i played you i could get it at least once... not saying youre not better than me and you could probablly beat me but im just saying i could probablly get it on you once or twice. with a couple up b cancels : )

ps. dont hate. i just want to know if theres a name for it yet.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
So in your fullhop, they don't attack you. They also don't bother shielding at the pill, or doing something before your DSmash when you land doing absolutely nothing. Tell me, are your opponents conscious when you're playing against them?

Mix

Smash Cadet
they shouldnt be able to sheild the pill if you did it at the right time. it should bounce and go OVER them and its like a mind game because some people will sheild when that happens and then let go seeing as how it wont hit them so that leaves an opening for the downsmash. but your right it wont hit 100 percent of the time. but still its a good chance to take every once in a while. it has to be timed right. ill get the video up sometime this week and before you say it... it will be against my own crew member(s) and they will be concious. just give me a chance on this one.

:p

they shouldnt be able to sheild the pill if you did it at the right time. it should bounce and go OVER them and its like a mind game because some people will sheild when that happens and then let go seeing as how it wont hit them so that leaves an opening for the downsmash. but your right it wont hit 100 percent of the time. but still its a good chance to take every once in a while. it has to be timed right. ill get the video up sometime this week and before you say it... it will be against my own crew member(s) and they will be concious. just give me a chance on this one.

Let's say I was Marth,how many options would I have to counter that:

When you hit the ground,I can:

-F-smash

-Reverse Dolphin slash(w or w/o shield)

-Grab

-Shield Grab

-WD back F-smash

-D-tilt

-F-tilt

-Walk away

-Back up SH fair the pill

-Even a counter

Before you hit the ground,I can:

-F-smash

-U-tilt

-F-tilt

-Dolphin slash

-Nair

-Fair

-WD under you>F-smash

-Run under you>Bair

So..how useful is this now?

Mix

Smash Cadet
haha ok. those are all things that can make that unsuccessful but its the same thing for any other combo. lets say I try the money shot on your marth. you could just sheild. lets say you try to ken combo me. i could nair or air dodge back on stage. maybe fast fall. point is. for every combo theres always gonna be things that can stop it. deffinetly more so for mine haha. oh and... sorry for being a noob : )

ps. how are you going to run under me when my pill is infront of you... :p

DaBRÜM

Smash Apprentice
Mix, he will run under your pill(Remember you are doing a full jump and docs isnt that short) then short hop bair and No one worth playing against will fall for that...i have done it a few times to a few good players but it was during friendlies...no way it will hit in the tournament or money matches...

Xeorogue

Smash Ace
Those who do not know how to fight doc will fall to this once, maybe. You are banking on the opponent not shielding, cancelling your pill with a move, or jumping into the pill on purpose to get over you. You can't bank on total lapse of brain power for combos. :bandit:

Somebody

Smash Journeyman
This would be alot more effective if you bounced it off a wall first. For example, Corneria or the fire stage one PS. If you see it coming and they arent really paying attention to a stray pill then it good but if you try this straight approach on say FD, you would get ***** in one of the ways pheonix fire said.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
stop raggin on him guys, I use this technique all the time, usually in conjuction with other advanced mindgames. For example, I can do this like 17% of the time after unplugging the opponents controller. I never posted it though cause it's like a broken technique and I don't want tourneys to start banning it.

:016:

EsteBeatDown

Smash Cadet
stop raggin on him guys, I use this technique all the time, usually in conjuction with other advanced mindgames. For example, I can do this like 17% of the time after unplugging the opponents controller. I never posted it though cause it's like a broken technique and I don't want tourneys to start banning it.

:016:
Guys, come on. He's being serious here. Give him some credit. I am sure there are other times when this technique would be a no-brainer.

For instance, how about trying this technique while your opponent is doing an "advanced restroom break" tactic? Just counter with an "unpause" shot right afterwards, and you've got like 5 minutes or more to trounce him with it without any worry of retaliation! Pure genius.

And if you feel like practicing this move in anticipation of facing an opponent who would realistically get beat by it everytime, just spray some Pam all over your controller and insert it into your dog's mouth! It'll be like the real thing!

alcheato

Smash Ace
I've something similar with the up-b cancel (full jump pill -> dash to up-b cancel) but it's usually by accident and I haven't found it very useful. Even my friends who don't use any advanced techniques react fast enough to get a free a hit afterwards.

xelad1

Smash Ace
Mix just for your general knowledge people don't usually like it when people name combos after themselves for one thing. Also combos are only recognized (such as the Ken combo) if they are always effective and have not been seen or used before, and they are usually named after the person using it... its not like ken said "HAY U N00BS I MADE KEN COMBO HERE IT IS!". Your combo is not that effective, and people have probably done it before, but its not something to base a strategy around.

Also there are so many unnamed effective combos in the game that aren't named after people it would be rediculous to name this after you, the game has been around for what like 6 years now or something? Its kind of silly to think that no one has done this, and that people decided it wasn't practical a long time ago. I mean infinite drillshining with fox is more useful than this, and I'm sure one person found out about it... but its not named after anyone... why? Because that would be stupid.

EsteBeatDown

Smash Cadet
Mix just for your general knowledge people don't usually like it when people name combos after themselves for one thing. Also combos are only recognized (such as the Ken combo) if they are always effective and have not been seen or used before, and they are usually named after the person using it... its not like ken said "HAY U N00BS I MADE KEN COMBO HERE IT IS!". Your combo is not that effective, and people have probably done it before, but its not something to base a strategy around.

Also there are so many unnamed effective combos in the game that aren't named after people it would be rediculous to name this after you, the game has been around for what like 6 years now or something? Its kind of silly to think that no one has done this, and that people decided it wasn't practical a long time ago. I mean infinite drillshining with fox is more useful than this, and I'm sure one person found out about it... but its not named after anyone... why? Because that would be stupid.
This will be my shortest post to date...

PWNT.

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord

Wow, calm down. I don't think he was trying to get some official legal documents that stated that it's his combo. He was just saying he was the one to take note of it specifically, and that he should get some credit for that.

And where does he imply that he's basing his entire strategy around this fairly decent tactic? He even said himself that it's just something you can get somebody to fall for maybe a couple times a match. That's all you need from it. You don't need some 100% chance 0-to-death combo.

And the Ken combo isn't always effective. The phrase doesn't even have a real definition. All it means is that somebody did some string of Marth's aerials that were probably poorly DIed, that lead into either an f-smash or a d-air.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Alright, everyone chill and cut back on each other.

I acknowledge and appreciate your effort, Mix, and I'm sure we all wish we had some signature move we could name ourselves after, but unfortunately it just isn't like that. It's a little too convient and uncommon to be named something, nonetheless after a single person.

Pekkle

Smash Rookie
You guys are pretty tough on him.
First of all, this technique works.
Why?

$ick: [And if your opponent lacks any intelligence.]

Even though the opponent will definitely see the pill coming, its obvious the pill is not going to hit, so why would the opponent even hit through the pill? There'd be absolutely no point in attacking through the pill whatsoever.

Ankoku: [So in your fullhop, they don't attack you. They also don't bother shielding at the pill, or doing something before your DSmash when you land doing absolutely nothing. Tell me, are your opponents conscious when you're playing against them?]

I think it can be implied that the opponent will either move back, wait, spot dodge, or shield just in case the pill manages to hit them. During this time i doubt they'd be able to drop their shield and react to the dsmash. If the opponent moves back, then what do you lose? Just pill again. If the opponent spot dodges, you just wait.

I can pull this off on level 9 computers not frequently but enough to know that it can be done before a reaction. Your opponent won't attack you because if they move forward even a bit (such as Marth's fsmash shifts his body forward) they'll get hit by the pill, and they dont want to do that, and if they hit at the pill they'd suffer from the cancel lag, which would leave them open for a split second.

xelad1: Your combo is not that effective, and people have probably done it before, but its not something to base a strategy around.

Yep. Don't base your strategy around this. lol

chaddd

Smash Lord

I fail to see how anyone not playing Bowser will not Up Air you out of your full jump. Against Doc, just about everyone can tap the pill away with any attack and **** you out of the air. Just my two cents.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I closed the other thread for the same reason.

So I do this thing with Peach agianst a recovering opponant, maybe other people do it to but that doesn't matter, i'll float by the ledge, dair, then nair them which will kill them. I call it "The AlphaZealot".

First: Unless the combo is actually a signature combo that has an impact on the game, say when Ken revolutonized Marth with what has since been called the "Ken Combo", then it doesn't deserve a name.

Second: Combo's should be combo's, not attacks as a result of an opponant lack of skill/intelligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom