• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"I'm the original here" - Dark Pit Social

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Did you guys see the new screenshots of Dark Pit, now I want to call him Angry Pit.
He also has angrier or more aggressive expressions in Uprising, so it makes sense. Suits his personality.

Once more, the Wii U pictures bring the characters to life much more than the 3DS version thanks to the higher level of detail.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
I like how how black pit works for me. he has slightly better knockback then regular pit and more damage.

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
My favorite screenshot from the ones released today is the one where he's glaring at Palutena. The shade is real.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
D

Deleted member

What's your favorite color option for Dark Pit? I favor the Purple shade, myself.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
Personally, I prefer the air Dark Pit's third color swap (I don't know how to describe it, it has more colorful, blue hair than others.)

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I've been using mainly the red and yellow palette swaps, sometimes using the Pit swap as well.

HotelWaffle

Smash Apprentice
Where is the tips and strategy guide thread at? Seems like people only care about Pit?

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Where is the tips and strategy guide thread at? Seems like people only care about Pit?
They share one, actually. It just hasn't been linked to both boards because I haven't rewriten it into a proper guide yet. And there's a touch of outdated information though.

I really need to get to work on that...

True Blue

Smash Lord
Yo, so I don't know how much has already been found out and cause I am just playing Dark Pit and apparently I was watching the wrong thread and just thought this section was dead. lol But did anyone know about Canceling his Side B onto the stage when off stage? It gives some nice slidage onto stage but idk how good. When I first saw this I was using the Custom Side B that has farther range and that one made it look cool.
Cause it is weird.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Yo, so I don't know how much has already been found out and cause I am just playing Dark Pit and apparently I was watching the wrong thread and just thought this section was dead. lol But did anyone know about Canceling his Side B onto the stage when off stage? It gives some nice slidage onto stage but idk how good. When I first saw this I was using the Custom Side B that has farther range and that one made it look cool.
Cause it is weird.
I've known, but we don't really understand the properties. It seems random if it'll just slide along or go the full length and then slide.

LuffyLink

Smash Apprentice
I don't think he'll have a trailer because he's already confirmed but I think we'll see him in :4duckhunt:'s trailer.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
With so much info coming out on Thursday, I wouldn't be surprised if Bowser Jr. got his trailer too. But Duck Hunt is definitely happening cause of Sakurai's subtle teasing today.

True Blue

Smash Lord
What if then they gave Dark Pit his OWN moveset! lol jk. Would be cool but doubt that would ever happen. Sadness. lol
I wish the pit brigade's Down B came out faster... Or at least didn't have the omega lag that he has. Unless someone found out some awkward way to cancel it. lol

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
What if then they gave Dark Pit his OWN moveset! lol jk. Would be cool but doubt that would ever happen. Sadness. lol
I wish the pit brigade's Down B came out faster... Or at least didn't have the omega lag that he has. Unless someone found out some awkward way to cancel it. lol
I reeaaallly want that to happen..
That's like my #1 thing on my DLC wishlist now.

LuffyLink

Smash Apprentice
Personnally, I would prefer the air Dark Pit as a semi clone because he's also a clone in KIU and he has 2 signature weapons: the Dark Pit Staff and the Silver Bow, so I think they should be more represented than the other weapons, he would use the staff on the ground and his Bow in the air (And I would love the Great Sacred Treasure as his Final Smash), but yeah, that would be cool if they give a new moveset for Dark Pit.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I'd be kinda disappointed, since I plan on using DP as an extension of Pit and all.

Dspecial canceling... Well, you can slide off the ledge if you get some aerial momentum going, and that's enough to escape most characters long enough to not be punished for it.

Neverbound

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wulfiepaw
Switch FC
5778-4164-2795
Dark pit can't kill worth a **** and landing bair sweetspot is so hard, forward smash is too laggy. wat do

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Dark pit can't kill worth a **** and landing bair sweetspot is so hard, forward smash is too laggy. wat do
Electroshock, Fthrow, Dthrow and Usmash, and switching to Pit and using his Ftilt are good options. But really, I rarely get outright KOs. DP is about intercepting recoveries.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Yes that happens to me a lot vs Game and Watch. You sure that's not me in the video? xD
Of course not. I don't use that color, nor am I named connor...

Nocally

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3840-6058-2117
Pikachu got a similar tactic using his ground hogging thunder bolt.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
According to the Palutena's Guidence for Dark Pit, apparently Dark Pit now works as an officer for Viridi's Forces of Nature, and he's fine with it since him and Viridi share the same interests.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Kid Icarus Uprising 2 confirmed. JK
I don't care if you're just joking, we need that game. We need it. Also, combine that video with the Dark Pit Staff trophy in the 3DS version, and you've got a lot of extra canon added onto Uprising. Smash doesn't do that much, but it sure does with KI.

Oh and it'd actually be Kid Icarus 4.

Last edited:

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
I don't care if you're just joking, we need that game. We need it. Also, combine that video with the Dark Pit Staff trophy in the 3DS version, and you've got a lot of extra canon added onto Uprising. Smash doesn't do that much, but it sure does with KI.

Oh and it'd actually be Kid Icarus 4.
If they released a KI game on the Wii U, I'd buy a Wii U in a heartbeat.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
According to the Palutena's Guidence for Dark Pit, apparently Dark Pit now works as an officer for Viridi's Forces of Nature, and he's fine with it since him and Viridi share the same interests.
What interests does he have other than these three?
1. Kicking ***
2. Being free
3. Kicking Pit's ***

I kinda thought he grew out of three after the Chaos Kin incident made
him realize their existences are linked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom