• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm revolutionizing the R.O.B metagame.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Have you guys ever made Jello using Sprite as the base and then when you eat it pour some Sprite over it before eating?

It's freakin' delish.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
i was at a smashfest yesturday and did the most epic thing omfggg i wish we had the ifninte replay save hack. good god u guys shoulda seen it

vs marth i tried to edguard and got stage spiked but i teched it and then z dropped the gyro i was holding. i was gonna use lazers to guard btw,

so the fully charged gyro hit him up and the tech against the stage went so fast i did a bair and fast fell it to it would hit where he was and immideaily killed him in his own stage spike.

so right now im just trying to see what cool things we could come up with gyro combos

Lv.99

Smash Journeyman
*WARNING*
*OFF-TOPIC CONVERSATION AHEAD*

Seriously guys, this was supposed to be a discussion thread about a new R.O.B. playstyle, not breakfast foods and R.O.B. colors.

Although, waffles + butter is the best thing ever and blue R.O.B. is royalty.

Sudai

Stuff here
You should see how I play more recently . I don't camp nearly as much (except for a few certain character that need to be camped), but I still switch back and fourth between camp and aggro. :X

Prolly 60% camp 40% now instead of the old 90% camp, 10% aggro. lol

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Lime Jello beats everything except cheese. Cheese beats all.
The cheese stands alone.

I only camp if I don't know the matchup. Im generally very aggressive, but my friends all make camping jokes anyway. They call me the Camp Counselor.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Personally, I've never enjoyed camping... but that stems all the way back to Melee, where I mained Marth (poorly). I feel the aggressor has the greatest influence over the match; being the control freak I am, I feel being the aggressor is a better option than camping.

Edit: Although, I do play a campy Falcon.

Sudai

Stuff here
At first I didn't camp, then I realized it was costing me some matches so I decided I was just gonna spend a -lot- of time camping so I could figure out when it'd be best to use, and it worked. :p

That's how I figure out when it'd be best to use any move or strat. Something I stole from an old Melee friend. Only use one thing an entire match. It makes you get creative with it because it's gonna be so predictable..it worked really well and now that I have a lot of little quirks to my camping, I decided its time to do the same thing with other stuff.

frdagaa

Smash Journeyman
That actually works for practicing just about everything. Repetitio est mater studiorum.... once you've practiced something a thousand times, you've only got a thousand more tries until you're a thousand tries from perfection.

Sudai

Stuff here
Yeah. You suck like hell when you do it, but it makes you that much better in the end. It was like trying to figure out how to impliment wavedashing back in Melee..

stingers

Smash Obsessed
On my youtube channel, I have videos from 2006 when I first picked up Melee...

It's...not pretty...at all...XD

I keep them around because...the history is nice.

Sudai

Stuff here
I didn't really have any issues with techs in Melee (or many games for that matter) just application. Like..remember when you first learned to WD and you WD'd EVERYWHERE?! lol

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Like..remember when you first learned to WD and you WD'd EVERYWHERE?! lol
lmao yesssss

Key memories:
-first time actually wavedashing instinctively and appropriately timely.
-first wavedash-backward-fsmash
-first time connecting aerial-shine-wavedash-shine
-first time connecting aerial-shine-wavedash-usmash
-and of course the zomg first time 0-Death waveshine off the stage

I lost a lot of that skill though :(
I can't wait till I can get back to waveshining Fox/Falco [shine-wavedash-jab repeat hahaha]

And then I learned and fell in love with wavelanding on platforms...and now I waveland EVERYWHERE for no reason >_>

Sudai

Stuff here
There's a great reason to waveland everywhere. Spacing. :p

I still try to waveland sometimes in brawl..

I lost a -lot- of my tech skill so I decided to pick up YLink. Soooo much fun.

ipitydatfu

Smash Master
i love platform dropping dairs with falco.
-luigi was so much fun, all those wavedashes, and psuedo moonwalks
-i remembered my first shine combo, dair shine, shine up air.
-shiny Bears FTW (i've done it with fox once, it was my happiest moment)!!!!!

@toasty: whats your favorite place to waveland? i love BF, wavelanding, then end by phatasm into edge jump phantasm, edge-cancel, too fun!

i cant do waveshine jab upsmash with fox, ever. it so depressing. im comming out of those shines too slow.

@sudai : i picked up big link. robs projectiles and strats are slowly meshed into my link, my tech skill dropped horrendously. ironically enough, i can pull off samus's SWD quite often

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
OMFG YOU DID ZE SHINEY BEAR?!?!! wooooow seriously that's amazing. I haven't invested any time in trying anything other than just doing shine-turnaround-bair but WITHOUT the all important amazing part of the shine actually connecting, it's just my fancy *** edgeguard that's all...I'd lose my **** if I could shine-bair with Fox!

Favorite Wavelanding stages: YS and DL64

I have different styles and patterns of wavelanding for different characters.

Fox: Waveland off top platform and then the second platform back underneath the top and then start the process again
Marth: from inside of second platform then jump to top and slide off the other side and then toward the inside on the second platform etc etc
Doc: whichever platform lets me bair and keep bairing =D
Ness: a lil different...wavedash off platform, DJ toward it and immediately waveland off and then KEEP DOING IT....**** looks awesome and basically it lets you camp the air because you'll be ready to fair them or whatever if they approach =D!
Ganon: Whichever platform lets me **** with falling uairs...or whatever I can do to make Ganon look fast [that **** is SCARY]

ipitydatfu

Smash Master
heh, only once. the only shiney bears i can do consistently is falco's. but ever since brawl, i cant do those turn around ones anymore (with and without the shine hitting your opponent) T_T

i havent learned how to play ness yet. Im still very jealous of you doing that YYG jacket, in that video

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I lost a -lot- of my tech skill so I decided to pick up YLink. Soooo much fun.

Same here...but I picked up Falco instead.

And I mained Peach before.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
And I'm still as crappy as I always was with Falcon, except now I am constantly accidentally using side+B to recover >_<.

On the other hand, my Mewtwo has gotten better, actually.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
And I'm still as crappy as I always was with Falcon, except now I am constantly accidentally using side+B to recover >_<.

On the other hand, my Mewtwo has gotten better, actually.
My Mewtwo got worse, since I play him like Lucario, spamming fsmash and dair, so ... yeah.

My G&W got worse when I picked up G&W in Brawl, so I dropped Brawl G&W. G&W is my Melee main so that was unacceptable.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Am I the only one who dropped melee completely? I picked up Melee once since the release of Brawl. I couldnt even WD across FD once. Granted, I tried for only five minutes. But I gave up after that.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I'm going to a tourney this weekend and I think Boss is gonna be there

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Niko_K

Smash Master
I came in here to find everyone talking about melee.

What gives?

Oh ya, I can shine bair too. I shine baired my friends falcon at 402 today xD.

Top Bottom