• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm pretty sure this is some sort of glitch with the up B parachute...

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I think it has to do with that when you sway, your hurtbox doesn't quite exactly move with your body, but actually stays under the axis of where you sway... but I could be wrong

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
think about how you can use the up-b to prevent damage from the lava on norfair.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
That was totally ridiculous looking, and RocketPSIence's explanation is plausible sounding. I suspect it may be more complex than that (that state is really screwy, such as the Norfair behavior), but I don't have a model to explain it at all.

Good find though!

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
I typically have a idea of what it occurring, but all I can do right now is compare it to my finding of the Norfair glitch with his upB. It seems related and I am now really curious.

**** you.
**** you to HECK. You made me curious with this find.

also good job finding this

Neb

Smash Lord
I think I've had this done to me a few times, but I figured the attack just missed my hurtbox as I swayed.
You should look into it Esc, being curious and'll :).

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I guess it seems G&W is invincible when swaying backwards on his Up-B.

My guess is that you can try to exploit this by doing reverse Up-Bs to recover.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Oh, this is an obscure Peach glitch. When she releases her float on a particular frame of her fair her fair loses its hitbox. It was first noted a good while ago by nikok.... I can't be bothered to find the video though :psycho:.

EDIT: actually I can be bothered to find the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NHSHTNXHuM

It happens at 0:12

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Yeah, you got my curiousity up so I pointed HG to this thread to help me look into it and he said it was a Peach glitch. Mystery solved.

Top Bottom