• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm playing isai in 2 weeks in SSB. Rate my videos please.

mooseproduce

Smash Ace
"The same combos and tactics that you might employ on lesser experienced opponents might not be effective on more experienced players."

Yeah... odd thing about that, I've never seen anyone DI out of combos like Isai, which is strange because I hear of all kinds of "DI masters" and such... everyone who I've seen fight Isai just seems to get comboed with no apparent attempt at DIing out of it. Foxdrill foxdrill foxdrill JAB-RESET USMASH! Wheeee!

What's up with that? :p

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Uhhh I dunno about anyone else who has played Isai but I feel as though I DI my best against him. You basically know that once you're in a combo its going to equate to death so you can completely focus on DI'ing every hit. Against other players I pritty much assume they're going to mess up(and they usually do) so I don't DI as well. And when I say DI at my best I mean DI'ing the individual hits because DI'ing out of drills is insanely easly.

And even though I'm DI'ing at my best it never seems good enough to get out of his combos. =[

mooseproduce

Smash Ace
But... you know when Isai was playing his... Link, I think? Against Moogle's Jiggly in that old vid? Well, Isai DIs to one side of the platform he's being drilled over, and thusly escapes. You can SEE him DIing quite clearly. But whenever he combos other people, I see nothing but them getting comboed.

Maybe I just didn't notice, or the memory doesn't stick with me.

I don't know, whatever. :p I just never seem to notice people putting up a DI fight while being Isai-comboed, or least not to the same degree that he does.

PrimaryFox

Smash Cadet
Isai, Valoem, Sensei..and everyone else we are going to play...HERE WE COME!!! We are leaving in less than an hour for our 15 hour drive up to Jersey! Good luck to everyone!!!!

-PF

-Sundance

-FartComa

Sensei

Smash Lord
15 hours O_o

I like your ambition and dedication to SSB64. Unfortunately, I am not sure if I can go anymore because of work and school, but I will try to show up at least for a little bit on Thursday.

GLKilowog

Smash Rookie
You definitely have some pretty mad skills, but from what I've seen, Isai is just too nutty broken. I don't know if he's freed his mind or what, but I've never seen anyone move that fast. Best of luck though.

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
hey man, i'll be there, too. i should get to gerry's around 1:30pm tomorrow, and staying for at least thursday night, possibly longer. i'm looking forward to it, smashfests at gerry's are always a whole lot of fun.

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
you're more than welcome to come as far as i know. you're also more than welcome to play instead of just watching. i'll pm you gerry's cell phone numer.

Leoneri

Smash Ace
Nice videos, I love it in vid 1 when they start cheering for yoshi as you kill yoshi.

I just can't understand how you people move so fast :)

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
"The same combos and tactics that you might employ on lesser experienced opponents might not be effective on more experienced players."

Yeah... odd thing about that, I've never seen anyone DI out of combos like Isai, which is strange because I hear of all kinds of "DI masters" and such... everyone who I've seen fight Isai just seems to get comboed with no apparent attempt at DIing out of it. Foxdrill foxdrill foxdrill JAB-RESET USMASH! Wheeee!

What's up with that? :p
DIs don't work on experts who can just adapt and re-reoute the combo in another way. SSBM is different though.

mooseproduce

Smash Ace
"uhhhh yes it does, what are you talking about?"

:| What he said.

That's like saying that attacking has no effect on expert players.

PrimaryFox

Smash Cadet
Alright! Just got back. Killer weekend gonna put up some crazy videos I promise you guys wont be dissapointed I even got a stock20 2v1 of Valoem and Megavolt vs Isai that's pretty crazy I'll try to have them up and posted by tonight. We only got 2 hours of footage from like 20 hours of play cuz of "technical difficulties" aka everyone getting kicked out of valo's dorm and having to go over to NYU and forgetting to bring the tapes.

-PF

CyrusTheGreat

Smash Cadet
Alright! Just got back. Killer weekend gonna put up some crazy videos I promise you guys wont be dissapointed I even got a stock20 2v1 of Valoem and Megavolt vs Isai that's pretty crazy I'll try to have them up and posted by tonight. We only got 2 hours of footage from like 20 hours of play cuz of "technical difficulties" aka everyone getting kicked out of valo's dorm and having to go over to NYU and forgetting to bring the tapes.

-PF
Forgetting to bring the tapes? Where?

PrimaryFox

Smash Cadet
We only had half a tape to record when we got to ur place Cyrus cuz I forgot to bring the other ones in.

-PF

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Isai, man just those two syllables alone are intimidating. I just encourage you to do your best Primary Fox and give it all ya got. I'll be in your corner.

Also, that video gameplay wasn't bad at all.

JBSC

Smash Journeyman
Isai couldnt have won that 2 vs 1 right?

Cuz if he did, that will be the coolest thing ever

CyrusTheGreat

Smash Cadet
wow this is embarassing

I-say-ah, thats how you pronounce it. Three syllables. Clap your hands twice? wtf? haha two syllable word is like poop or lion. Su-per= 2, smash=1, bro-thers=2. an-i-mal=3, get the point?

Isai did win that 2vs1 and three others. I was there, it was amazing. I can't wait for the replay though.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Why is it pronounced with that way anyway? I don't get where the -ah sound comes from. I figured it was I-say, or I-sai.

PrimaryFox

Smash Cadet
lololol such a funny discussion. Anyways thanks for ruining the 2v1 outcome Kev...scrub...anyways I guess I'll just edit my first comment with the links to the new matches...

-PF

Top Bottom