• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm gonna have fun with this thang!

Splice

Smash Hero
This isn't in the January issue or any of the ones before this, I bought the ones before it and looked up the Hyper one and it's contents on their forums.

Dunno about February, but the newsagent and 7/11 nearby me no longer sells Hyper dues to Game Informers popularity (I asked and they said because the new one sells better so i assume Game Informer).

Dark times for Hyper, mmhmm.

But yeah I wanna see that Interview in beautiful font and layout.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I'll see if we have it in at our local newsagents on the way to Ted's tomorrow. Hopefully we have it in. :3

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
soigh i was interviewed last year for some brisbane street mag.. rave or something just before brawl came out.. i just typed his questions into google and copied what it came up with XD

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Here are KO's responses as of Hyper Magazine.

1. Can you give us an overview of the fighting game scene in Australia
Kenny is king - all of us want to be like him. He's so good he married into Cats' family.

2. How does it compare to the rest of the world?
Poorly - we suck to be honest. We do have people who abuse Sheik, Ken, Jocks-man and Magneto however.

3. It's still a very niche thing over here - do you ever see it getting bigger?
As more people are imported from Asia it is a given. They bring their 'gosu' with them, but many will go to play SC2 shortly.

4. Can anyone (internationally) make a living from this, or is it purely a hobby?
If they are Ken then yes.

5. How much practice does it take to be able to play competitively?
Enough to know parry, wavedash and band-aided thumbs are necessary.

6. You were looking after the Smash Brothers competition - where does that game fit in the broader, fighting game scene?
It's the good one...but Brawl is pretty lame. Who balanced down-smash anyway?

7. Smash Brothers seems to attract more female participants than the other games, is that a fair assessment?
No - she's also plays online games such as WoW and Left for Dead etc.

8. What about things like online play and YouTube, how has that transformed the fighting game market?
It gives a lot of people who can't play for beans the chance to think they're awesome by making comments like "PC Chris is pretty bad" and inspires terrible language such as 'teh' and 'pwnzorz j00'.

9. Have you played internationally yourself?
I am an international player for real. Wub <33

10. What's something most people don't know about Smash Brothers?
It's deep. Combos are not just strings of button input. It also has squishable cuuutes, aww.

11. What do you do with yourself when you're not competing and hosting tournaments?
Breathe. Running these things stresses me out!!

12. Do your friends understand your commitment to the game?
They are amazed by how committed I am. Squee!

13. How often do we have Smash Brothers tournaments in Australia - what can people win?
Often! Prize pools can reach in to the thousands of dollars.

14. What about sponsors, is it hard to find companies looking to back all this?
In Australia it's virtually unheard of. Overseas however it is a different story, especially in the States.

15. What's something I should ask you about?
'Peach Theory.'

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
His unedited responses are on the second page.

Someone needs to find a February issue of this, I looked and only saw March's everywhere and it wasn't in there (and it was said last page Jan didn't have it). I might ask if they have any leftovers from last issue next time I'm in town.

Top Bottom