• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm done with smash

Status
Not open for further replies.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Hey guys, this has been rolling through my thoughts for quite awhile now and I figured I might as well go through with it before I end up spending money that I wish I hadn't. I want to thank the entire Florida community for being so chill and fun to hang with. It's been a fun and memorable two years and I'm glad I entered the competitive scene when I did.

My reasoning behind my retirement is I'm pretty bad at these games and I'm tired of loosing and spending money.

If I have absolutely nothing else to do and I feel like getting out of the house when there's a smashfest in town, I might go. Other than that, I'm done.

Peace guys, it's been a good two years.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Thanks, you weren't much of an *** to me, and chilling with you Colin, Juan, Chris, Mike, and Nick the other weekend was hilarious. Thanks for the laughs from the "Scottish" guy.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
I did go to tournaments and at every one I placed pretty bad. So, I figured since I wasn't making any progress I'd stop.

SynikaL

Smash Lord
If you truly love the game, and are still enthusiastic about playing, you're only doing yourself (and the community) a disservice by not taking that enthusiasm to tournaments. You're simply depriving yourself of the most dynamic and personal-character-building dimension of the game by staying home.

As stated, it just takes awhile for some people. Analyze yourself more carefully when playing. Maybe you're just not putting in enough work.

This is assuming you play Melee, of course. If you're talking Brawl, I could care less what you do.

-Kimo

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Yeah. Lime don't quit man. If you really want; just show up to tournaments and do a bunch of friendlies. If anything it'll cost you the gas to go. Don't let anyone pressure you to enter doubles or singles. If you ever catch me around, I'll be more than happy to do mad friendlies with you. But it's entirely your decision to quit and I respect that. But don't forget you'll always have buds to hang with. =)

Smilez

Smash Journeyman
Re-evaluate what your doing and whats important to you. Improving in Smash doesn't always happen quickly. If smash is something that is important to you stick with it. If you have other priorities that you would rather attend to then do that. In the end the decision is yours. "I'm bad at the game" isn't really a viable excuse. Nothing is stopping you from getting better, except you. I wish you all the best either way.

In regards to previous posts:

-Some players don't care if you getter, they just want you to enter tourneys for a bigger pot.
-Some players don't care about your priorities, Smash is their world so they feel it should be yours too.
-Some players don't care about YOU, that is your job.

The players that have looked out for your interest, treasure them for they are what makes the smash community genuine.

-Peace.

crispyone

Smash Journeyman
Re-evaluate what your doing and whats important to you. Improving in Smash doesn't always happen quickly. If smash is something that is important to you stick with it. If you have other priorities that you would rather attend to then do that. In the end the decision is yours. "I'm bad at the game" isn't really a viable excuse. Nothing is stopping you from getting better, except you. I wish you all the best either way.

In regards to previous posts:

-Some players don't care if you getter, they just want you to enter tourneys for a bigger pot.
-Some players don't care about your priorities, Smash is their world so they feel it should be yours too.
-Some players don't care about YOU, that is your job.

The players that have looked out for your interest, treasure them for they are what makes the smash community genuine.

-Peace.
Posts like these redeem Smashboards.

I haven't met you nor have I played against you, but thank you for being part of the smash community, lime_backwards. Ultimately, everyone will stop playing smash at some point in their life.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
"I'm quitting smash" or "Good-bye" threads are not allowed. You can tell the community you have quit in the region threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom