• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm done with For Glory, for good

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Tonight, it has been made crystal clear to me that I cannot and should not subject myself to the cancerous hordes of the FG player base any longer.

It started out well enough; I played a couple people and beat them pretty handily with little mac. I was in a good mood, but then I ran into another LM. We played for like 4 games, and he won each time, partly because he just outplayed me, and partly because for whatever reason, LM's upB decided to fall short of the ledge by like 2 pixels...twice. So I'm understandably a little peeved.

He leaves after game 4. "Whatever," I think to myself. "Moving on."

Next person is a link who, and I kid you not, just spammed smash attacks...and I still lost to him. It was another one of those "why the hell did I lose to that" situations, and I was pretty infuriated with what he was able to get away with. He'd constantly roll and scrub out a smash attack as I go for the punish. Problem was, I was reading his rolls, but the game said "**** you, rolls are amazing."

Here's where it all feel apart. Next guy was a ness. Nothing special, just your typical, flowchart, FG ness; pk fire, grab, fair combo, rinse repeat. Well, I lost to him as well, but not because he outplayed me, oh no. This time, my old friend Mr. Up-B came back to play. We're both down to 1 stock and the ness is attempting to recover. I go offstage at a very safe distance to attempt a fair gimp as he prepares an upB recovery. Turns out, he saved his jump, so he gets back on stage. Ok, fine, no prob, I have a jump too. I'll just jump back, upB and...

Well, you can guess what happened.

At this point, I was in a very angry state from all the previous BS I mentioned, and that was the final nail in the coffin. I was absolutely livid; I just ****in' lost it, and did something I regretted immediately.

I threw my 3DS on the ground in a fit of rage. The carpet thankfully softened the blow somewhat.

I quickly picked it up and found that my 3DS still functioned just fine...except for the bottom screen. The touch feature still works, but it looks like this now.

I'm incredibly ashamed of myself, getting salty AF to the point that I'd throw my 3ds like a child.

It was then and there I decided that from here out, I'm am giving up For Glory. It's been the closest thing I've had to being able to play with other people (before smashboards) since Brawl. No one I knew had time for smash bros anymore at that point, so it was just me, myself, and I. But it has also brought out the worst in me thanks to the player base largely consisting of ****ing assholes who play like ******** monkeys.

I am posting all of this at the possible expense of looking like a gigantic idiot with anger issues to my peers, you guys.

Why?

Because this is what FG has done to me, and I need to share it with others, not only as a cautionary tale of taking a game too seriously (and not a sob story), but also because it will eat away at me if I dont tell someone and get it off my chest. Think of it like a church confessional. It's better to talk about it and just get it out there.

I tried going to nintendo's website to see if my warranty had expired. Far as I can tell, there is no way to actually look that up. I could send my system in to be repaired of replaced, though I'm not sure if this would be considered physical damage, which is not covered by warranty anyway. A repair for something not covered by warranty came out to over $125, which I simply cannot afford, period. You see, I am unemployed, and finding work with as little job experience as I have has proven to be very difficult so far. So I probably wont be able to fix or replace it for a while.

It's not as bad as it sounds, though. I can still play games on my 3DS, but anything requiring the bottom screen (like pokemon) is kind of a no-go. At least with smash4, the only important thing on the bottom screen is the %, and I can just play single player/training mode.

So that's my story on why this stupid, salty scrub will never touch FG ever again. It has caused me a lot of frustration, and at some point in the future, it'll cost me either $125+, or a new 3DS entirely.

BTW, if anyone can give any insight on the whole warranty thing, and if there is a way to get this fixed, I'd welcome it.

Last edited:

Ravine

Smash Journeyman
Yeah don't play for glory anymore because it is very bad and teaches you bad habits
Good on you. :)

xzx

Smash Lord
Lmao For Glory aka "Smash 4 noobs". This game heavily favours the lesser skilled player and FG is no better place to showcase just that. I too have gotten enraged many times in For Glory for obvious reasons, and that leads to oneself playing worse, which leads to more losses. That in turn makes oneself want to win more which leads to more defeats and then, congratulations! You have now gotten trapped in a downwards vortex! All in all, this game sucks hard and that is why noobs can win in the first place. Don't feel too bad for yourself. To rage in this stupid game is justified.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Tonight, it has been made crystal clear to me that I cannot and should not subject myself to the cancerous hordes of the FG player base any longer.

It started out well enough; I played a couple people and beat them pretty handily with little mac. I was in a good mood, but then I ran into another LM. We played for like 4 games, and he won each time, partly because he just outplayed me, and partly because for whatever reason, LM's upB decided to fall short of the ledge by like 2 pixels...twice. So I'm understandably a little peeved.

He leaves after game 4. "Whatever," I think to myself. "Moving on."

Next person is a link who, and I kid you not, just spammed smash attacks...and I still lost to him. It was another one of those "why the hell did I lose to that" situations, and I was pretty infuriated with what he was able to get away with. He'd constantly roll and scrub out a smash attack as I go for the punish. Problem was, I was reading his rolls, but the game said "**** you, rolls are amazing."

Here's where it all feel apart. Next guy was a ness. Nothing special, just your typical, flowchart, FG ness; pk fire, grab, fair combo, rinse repeat. Well, I lost to him as well, but not because he outplayed me, oh no. This time, my old friend Mr. Up-B came back to play. We're both down to 1 stock and the ness is attempting to recover. I go offstage at a very safe distance to attempt a fair gimp as he prepares an upB recovery. Turns out, he saved his jump, so he gets back on stage. Ok, fine, no prob, I have a jump too. I'll just jump back, upB and...

Well, you can guess what happened.

At this point, I was in a very angry state from all the previous BS I mentioned, and that was the final nail in the coffin. I was absolutely livid; I just ****in' lost it, and did something I regretted immediately.

I threw my 3DS on the ground in a fit of rage. The carpet thankfully softened the blow somewhat.

I quickly picked it up and found that my 3DS still functioned just fine...except for the bottom screen. The touch feature still works, but it looks like this now.

I'm incredibly ashamed of myself, getting salty AF to the point that I'd throw my 3ds like a child.

It was then and there I decided that from here out, I'm am giving up For Glory. It's been the closest thing I've had to being able to play with other people (before smashboards) since Brawl. No one I knew had time for smash bros anymore at that point, so it was just me, myself, and I. But it has also brought out the worst in me thanks to the player base largely consisting of ****ing ******** who play like ******** monkeys.

I am posting all of this at the possible expense of looking like a gigantic idiot with anger issues to my peers, you guys.

Why?

Because this is what FG has done to me, and I need to share it with others, not only as a cautionary tale of taking a game too seriously (and not a sob story), but also because it will eat away at me if I dont tell someone and get it off my chest. Think of it like a church confessional. It's better to talk about it and just get it out there.

I tried going to nintendo's website to see if my warranty had expired. Far as I can tell, there is no way to actually look that up. I could send my system in to be repaired of replaced, though I'm not sure if this would be considered physical damage, which is not covered by warranty anyway. A repair for something not covered by warranty came out to over $125, which I simply cannot afford, period. You see, I am unemployed, and finding work with as little job experience as I have has proven to be very difficult so far. So I probably wont be able to fix or replace it for a while.

It's not as bad as it sounds, though. I can still play games on my 3DS, but anything requiring the bottom screen (like pokemon) is kind of a no-go. At least with smash4, the only important thing on the bottom screen is the %, and I can just play single player/training mode.

So that's my story on why this stupid, salty scrub will never touch FG ever again. It has caused me a lot of frustration, and at some point in the future, it'll cost me either $125+, or a new 3DS entirely.

BTW, if anyone can give any insight on the whole warranty thing, and if there is a way to get this fixed, I'd welcome it.
Its true man...all i play is FG too...and i play alot of it...there really should have been ranked games...
And yh i know FG better than any1...it is..Really Bad..

Dr. Dobis

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jopus77
3DS FC
1993-8200-6012
The for glory Ness players are the worst, most spammy, not fun people to play with.

link2702

Smash Champion
you'll experience the same, if not more frustration and anger going into real tournaments.

only solution is to *never* get frustrated and angry over loses at all, as hard as that sounds(believe me i've been guilty of outbursts as well....my tv cabinet is a testament to it....) you have to be if you plan to go into any true tournament, especially because there will be players who deliberately try to get under your skin cuz they know the angrier they make their opponent, the less focused and more sloppy the opponent will play.

rather then give up for glory entirely, perhaps just a long break from it(and smash in general) might be what you need?

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
you'll experience the same, if not more frustration and anger going into real tournaments.

only solution is to *never* get frustrated and angry over loses at all, as hard as that sounds(believe me i've been guilty of outbursts as well....my tv cabinet is a testament to it....) you have to be if you plan to go into any true tournament, especially because there will be players who deliberately try to get under your skin cuz they know the angrier they make their opponent, the less focused and more sloppy the opponent will play.

rather then give up for glory entirely, perhaps just a long break from it(and smash in general) might be what you need?
I dont ever plan on actually competing, anyway, especially since I only have the 3DS version.

I really dont want to give up playing FG, either. It's all I have when it comes to playing with other people (excluding the occasional smashboards skype group; I'd love to do more of those). But I feel like it's for my own good.

It's funny because my nice, soft bed was right next to me, and of course I throw it on the floor instead. I guess when you're as angry as I was, you dont have time to think. That's what FG does to me sometimes, and it's just not healthy.

ZcK

Smash Cadet
NNID
Calamardo
Well I smashed my gamepad and destroyed the screen so you could have it worse. And theres no place I could take it to be repaired, so it didnt help.
Funny fact I also was using little mac when that happened.

Anyway I do understand your anger it has happened many times, but what were you expecting from a place anyone can enter and the lag even if minimum can screw everything. Also using little mac, who requires quite the precision to get back to the ledge, and going offstage its not the wisest you could do. Usually when I see those low-born spamming sutff I just run not atempting to punish them because they will roll or the lag will betray me as usual, so with little mac speed and the fact that he can later come back when punishing is safer everything is happier then. And when they can´t reach you or they usual strategies dont work they start doing unintelligent things that makes them more prone to die.

LittleToys

Smash Cadet
Oh yeah i've ran into plenty of for glory links who spam their side smash the whole game after rolling.

I usually win against them anyway but it still makes me regret playing for glory for the day.

When they get a hit off with a predicted side smash It makes me so angry that i bite not only my nails off but some of the skin around my fingers while cursing, ranting, messing up my hair and clenching my teeth.

Currently i havent played "about a week ago" but i usually return when playstation gets boring or i get 5 games of garbage teammates in Splatoon in a row

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Oh dear... Well, at least you didn't throw it against a wall or anything like that and ended up breaking it into pieces... And judging by the nature of your experiences, For Glory is becoming a bad habit for you and therefore, it is best for you to stop playing it for a while. I wouldn't say forever, unless you are being for real, but for a while.

I have bumped into a couple of spammers during my sessions, mainly Nesses, and I've learned how to deal with them and remained calm throughout the whole match. I don't know about Links cuz I've rarely bumped into one these days but basically, it's just the same as with any other spammer.

I used to be that way back in the day when I was playing Mario Kart 7. There were times whenever I ended up finishing last after getting hit countless times in a single race or whatever would put me to the point where I would just wanna toss my 3DS across the room and just lay on my bed with a pillow covering my face. Let me tell ya, I regret doing all that raging **** over a dumbass game and not good for my health. I learned that the hard way, too.

Swampertrulz

Smash Lord
NNID
Swampertrulz
3DS FC
3883-9003-2472
Yeah man For Glory isn't really that good. It's just full of move spammers, Ledge hogs, Roll spammers etc. For Fun is better imo.

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
...How about Anther's Ladder and on For Fun? I don't play there, but those are good places!
Anyway, you should not be losing yourself like that. If you got that mad losing, you may get mad in another experiences. Train, and be more patient. I'm not blaming on you; I know how infurating those people may be. But, you will only stop losing if you forget those problems and punish their spamming! I hope your 3DS gets fixed. :)

Last edited:

Arkaizer

Smash Apprentice
I used to be that way too. If FG taught me anything, though, it's to punish strats like that. That, and in the end there's more to smash than just the glory. Sometimes I just go on For Fun to remind myself about that. Win or lose, it shouldn't matter.

Riuvee

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiuAuraeon
3DS FC
4296-3444-5420
FG, from my experience, has been 60 - 40 in the favor of the typical "scrubs". Overall, I grow more dull than angry cause I've seen the same tricks over and over. Truth be told, I'm one who would prefer to play For Fun over Glory anyday. But oddly enough, I don't. I'm technically torturing myself when I come to face the army of Lucas and Links.

Why do I keep playing when I know this? Wish I knew. I learn, but I always feel like a skipping record. Personally, I think it's time for me to go For Fun, where anything goes. The sudden chaos was why I loved Smash in the first place...... That or I'll go play Mario Kart or something.

PossiblyAnEagle

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0662-5352-4615
FG, from my experience, has been 60 - 40 in the favor of the typical "scrubs". Overall, I grow more dull than angry cause I've seen the same tricks over and over. Truth be told, I'm one who would prefer to play For Fun over Glory anyday. But oddly enough, I don't. I'm technically torturing myself when I come to face the army of Lucas and Links.

Why do I keep playing when I know this? Wish I knew. I learn, but I always feel like a skipping record. Personally, I think it's time for me to go For Fun, where anything goes. The sudden chaos was why I loved Smash in the first place...... That or I'll go play Mario Kart or something.
Exactly!!! we should team up or duke it out sometime

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
From the launch of smash till now, I can actually count on one hand the number of times I have even played For Glory 1v1 and the times I have tried it out I just regretted it. I get no sense of fun or enjoyment out of the mode at all. Most of the times I feel nervous or pressure to win with a main and then I wind up overthinking or acting stupid and losing by a simple mistake or just outright getting two stocked altogether which of course in those cases makes me feel like I suck and want to quit playing smash for the day.

I have way more fun with team battles. And yes while it's still For Glory and the same spammers can still be present, it's just a lot more hilarious in a 2v2 setting to run into spammy Links or Ness. I find myself laughing more than raging and shouting at my screen. And I don't take myself so seriously in team battles (I actually have fun trying out different characters instead of having to be restricted to my best in an attempt to get a single win) and of course Sudden Death in team battles will never not be hilarious lol.

salaboB

Smash Champion
Alright, I will tell you what the problem is, because it's something I've had to deal with too.

You didn't respect the input lag and tried to up-B on reaction.

So what normally happens is straightforward: You're recovering, you know exactly how high your up-B will take you, and you wait until just the right time to use it so you can't be punished. You grab the ledge.

What happens when playing FG: You're recovering, you know exactly how high your up-B will take you, and you wait until just the right time to use it so you can't be punished, AND THE INPUT LAG MAKES IT FIRE A FEW FRAMES LATER. You miss the ledge.

You'd probably have a better time of FG with just a change of up-B'ing earlier so that you quit dying to the netcode instead of your opponent.

Manakete[_]Lotys

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0344-9647-4927
It's not so much FG that bugs me, but rather how people play on FG. Samus, Link, Little Mac, Rosalina, Sheik, and Luigi have all become boring to me because it's the same thing every time. I love when I run into people who play a smart, respectable game win or lose. It's just so refreshing.

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I hear you man. Been playing Smash 4 since launch, but it was only until when Mewtwo came out that I decided to try out FG. Played 1v1 most of May, and I swear it has brought out my rage more than anything. Almost threw my gamepad across the room a couple times. I would start yelling and swearing like a sailor, surprised my neighbor hasn't called the cops yet. These past few weeks, I have been forcing myself to play less and less FG. And when I did want to play Smash, it would be with friends or Anther's Ladder. It's working so far. At least AL has more than just Final Destination.

Fooni

Smash Rookie
NNID
FooniVentes
3DS FC
4399-2109-4287
Dang! O.O that 3DS! Sorry to hear about your experience. I have my fair share of rage moments in FG.
Sadly i don't play 1 v 1 much barely even. Because then when that other person killed you he will mainly resort
to run away or don't fight at all. Worst in FG 1 v 1 Free For All when nobody joins at all.
I play For Fun sometimes because when i go into spectate and gamble, lots of people from all over the world will watch you
that is why i go For Fun so people can see me. If you'd like to read my experience continue.
One time i fought a few Link/Toon Link and all they does is go to the edge and spam side B and B. <-Not a true brawler.
Z.S.S - Down B, and Side B spammers. And many other spammers you can come up with like Mewtwo always edge guarding with B and Meta Knight's/Charizard Side B. I have no problem with Ness spammers as i know Ness moves completely and can predict what they will do regardless of players, pro players even(But pro players can still beat me).
My alternative way to recover from defeat matches from spammers or just good players....
I play unexpected characters and sometimes i actually won. Like Yoshi for example.
I told myself Yoshi will not be compatible against fighting competitive players...but when i try her out....
Winning was unexpected simply because i was playing silly with yoshi. Same goes for Kirby(With SD's).
So all in all my advice to you is don't worry about being defeat alot, i'm sure there are alot of pro players that has a record of 1k defeat matches and its totally fine. You do actually learn more from defeat than winning as it gives you lesson.
Take a break from FG for now and play For Fun mode. When i get to my rage moment from FG, i turned the game off
and play other games like OoT, Mario Kart 7, and Pokemon.

-I used to be a Little Mac user like you until i thought it was time to learn other characters.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
You should just learn to take it easy and chill when playing the game, even if it's frustrating. I play FG all the time and it can get annoying but I still mange to keep my frustration in check. If I do badly, I try to study my mistakes and learn from them. If I get too upset I just turn it off and go do something else. It's just a game and not something to get that furious over.

It sucks that your 3DS is half busted, but I hope you've at least learned something from it. Maybe that sounds a little cold, but, well...that honestly seemed rather childish.

If you do get a new 3DS (or perhaps have the Wii U version to play) I hope you can find some friends to play with locally and still have a good time with the game.

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
And this kiddies, is why you shouldn't throw expensive technology in hissy fits.

Savage times and all but eh.

abx

Smash Journeyman
"But it has also brought out the worst in me thanks to the player base largely consisting of ****ing ******** who play like ******** monkeys."
"Because this is what FG has done to me"

This needs to stop. It was your fault alone. It sounds nice to blame it on penetrant spammers on FG, but it's really your inability to take BS for four rounds.

On a general note: I'm really tired of feeling bad for not playing/winning in a super-original way or for taunting or for not taunting or for extensively using a certain move.

LyonelNoale

Smash Cadet
I think the biggest rage-inducing thing on for Glory (for me, at least) are those matches where you feel as though your opponent somehow has a clearly MUCH better connection than you because:
1. You KNEW you pressed shield and yet it doesn't activate.
2. There's this weird pause before you can punish (literally the screen 'stands still')
3. Your character often walks, rather than dashes.
4. There is a clear difference with how your main feels (sluggish, different than usual).

Is there an actual way to explain how this happens? Is it just a placebo or can people actually 'trigger' lag?

Bee18

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2294-5166-9137
i really wish that there was an online mode where your stats would be recorded and used to pair you up with people of a similar experience/skill level to you, not necessarily based on wins and losses but more based on playstyle and general time playing the game. i feel like less fits of rage would happen if 1v1 battles weren't paired up randomly.

Ravine

Smash Journeyman
This victim blaming needs to stop! :glare:
There are factors that are beyond our control when playing FG, and that needs to be taken into account. Expecting a person to take control of the other person and lag is just ridiculous. And we all have the right to get mad, thank you. The point of being human is to embrace our diversity of personalities, and even that, our personalities, maybe beyond our control. :grin:

Leave him alone! :mad:

salaboB

Smash Champion
"On a general note: I'm really tired of feeling bad for not playing/winning in a super-original way or for taunting or for not taunting or for extensively using a certain move.
Don't feel bad about it.

If someone is losing to you spamming, they're just not adapting. Quit after the round and move on if it was a total stomp.

There's not a single spammable move in the game that isn't punishable, and it's not your responsibility to play sub-optimally to make up for people refusing to punish you for it.

Last edited:

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
This victim blaming needs to stop! :glare:
There are factors that are beyond our control when playing FG, and that needs to be taken into account. Expecting a person to take control of the other person and lag is just ridiculous. And we all have the right to get mad, thank you. The point of being human is to embrace our diversity of personalities, and even that, our personalities, maybe beyond our control. :grin:

Leave him alone! :mad:
I would also like to add that I watch a lot of tournament matches from YT channels like VGbootcamp, and try to learn from them. The problem is, FG players are nothing like tournament players. So I'm often caught off guard or just plain flabbergasted when these players do insanely dumb or unsafe moves.

Is that really my fault? That I dont assume every person I encounter is a stupid idiot who doesnt know how to play?

I wont try to cover my ass about the 3ds, though. That is inexcusable. But I do think my rage is at least somewhat justified.

Last edited:

Swampertrulz

Smash Lord
NNID
Swampertrulz
3DS FC
3883-9003-2472
I would also like to add that I watch a lot of tournament matches from YT channels like VGbootcamp, and try to learn from them. The problem is, FG players are nothing like tournament players. So I'm often caught off guard or just plain flabbergasted when these players do insanely dumb or unsafe moves.

Is that really my fault? That I dont assume every person I encounter is a stupid idiot who doesnt know how to play?

I wont try to cover my *** about the 3ds, though. That is inexcusable. But I do think my rage is at least somewhat justified.
It ain't your fault. FG is very rage inducing (Not sure if i'm using the word correctly).

Ravine

Smash Journeyman
People who say FG is nothing but gamboling on flowery fields probably have not played FG.

Razorninja

Smash Rookie
NNID
Razorninja
3DS FC
4098-2412-1493
Switch FC
2785-7286-3012
Sorry to see that happened to you. As someone who quit FG myself, I'll admit I've gotten quite mad there at times too, mostly because of input lag and spammers. What helps me when I start getting mad is simply putting the game away and move on to something else. Better to stop it now than to go in further and having your rage grow in the process.

Also, I highly recommend you should check out Anther's Ladder. I've had nothing but good experiences over there and for good reasons. There's more stage variety, barely any spammers over there, and the fact that you can communicate with your opponent makes for a more relaxing fight.

FP-Takyon

Smash Apprentice
If they would add more tourney legal stages like BF, T&C, SV etc. or if omega mode kept platforms but removed walkoffs, stage hazards, and transformations, it would be better. it wouldn't promote spam nearly as much when there are more approach options.

I've learned to beat out spammy nonsense lately but it's draining to fight against. 9/10 I'll just leave and find someone else to fight.

Last edited:

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Sorry to see that happened to you. As someone who quit FG myself, I'll admit I've gotten quite mad there at times too, mostly because of input lag and spammers. What helps me when I start getting mad is simply putting the game away and move on to something else. Better to stop it now than to go in further and having your rage grow in the process.

Also, I highly recommend you should check out Anther's Ladder. I've had nothing but good experiences over there and for good reasons. There's more stage variety, barely any spammers over there, and the fact that you can communicate with your opponent makes for a more relaxing fight.
I'm giving it a try and so far...

I lost two Bo3's to input lag. My shield wouldnt come out when I wanted it to. And the other guys played like scrubs, too.

salaboB

Smash Champion
Besides having to deal with the lag online, there is another thing to bear in mind: In both FG and Anther's ladder, people are playing to win each round.

They're not going to just charge at you and see who comes out ahead. They'll poke and play footsies and set up a good situation for themselves before engaging, and it will seem campy/spammy and be frustrating to play against. Because they want to win the game, not just play smash.

There's no shame in not enjoying competitive minded play like that so FG/ladder play may simply not be what you're interested in, but you shouldn't insult people for doing their best to win either. You're certainly not alone though, if you browse through the FG complaints thread about half the issues mentioned are just people's opponents trying their best to win (The rest are legitimate rude behaviors)

You may be able to utilize the chat/matchmaking from Anther's ladder for friendlies and just explain you're tired of dealing with camping opponents, does anyone want to just bash at each other for a while? You may get some good online friends that way, and as your confidence online grows you may find yourself more interested in dealing with the competitive playstyles too.

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
Damn. Well anyways that really sucks that your 3ds bottom screen broke. But I hope that teaches you a lesson, and that lesson is getting angry at a video game or someone else playing it is not worth it. No matter how angry you get. Trust me when I was younger I broke two of my gamecube controllers and even my bottom screen of my DS.

I also sometimes get really angry at for glory, just a little advise but if you feel like your about to get angry Stop playing and if you feel like you just want to punch something then punch your bed, you pillow, your chair, even your Math Book. Cause it's seriously not worth breaking something that's electronic.

Also I agree that For Glory is the worst. Either you get lag, or the people there are just plain annoying, either they spam the same move, goof off, are really bad players and so forth. Also the people there will sometimes harass you by saying stuff like USUCK or DIE and stuff like that. The best way to get better is to usually go to local tournaments, however if there are no local tournaments around, then the next best thing you could try is of course battle people here on Smashboards, Anther's ladder, smash bros reddit, or some other online smash site.

heliface

Smash Cadet
The way the netcode for this game is written, one might guess that nintendo wanted this behavior to happen. 2 big problems:

1. The game has 2x redundant netcode that has no business in a fighting game. Every keypress must transmit twice before the game will act upon it.

2. The game for whatever reason loves pairing people who live half a world away from each other. And there's no region-filter like in mario kart.

Both of these combined create an environment of unpunishable roll spammers, projectile spammers, and smash spammers.

Top Bottom