• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm disappointed in myself

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Anc0ku needs to stop pretending he plays a bad Shiek. Great video, do you know what exactly happened at 0:27? Something to do with invincibility frames?

~Xero~

Smash Cadet
wow, thats a pretty amazing sheik, you'll get alot better and all, but why say you suck, you're like super good.
I wish i was that good
oh btw that was a pretty cool song.

Unseen_Killa

Smash Apprentice
It has some good clips, but some of them are average, its like 50/50. However, it was still fun to watch, and I can't say that about most combo videos, because it was short, good song, and good editing.

And you aren't bad, you don't give yourself enough credit.

Oh and btw, I love your sig Ankoku, I surrrrrre wish somebody could make me a sig that cool ;). Especially since I don't really use Falco much anymore.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Anc0ku needs to stop pretending he plays a bad Shiek. Great video, do you know what exactly happened at 0:27? Something to do with invincibility frames?
SDI behind DK to the wall of FD so that I can walltech it. It's directly stolen from my little experiment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq2S4_EkN1w

wow, thats a pretty amazing sheik, you'll get alot better and all, but why say you suck, you're like super good.
I wish i was that good
oh btw that was a pretty cool song.
Maybe if I was good I'd actually win something for once.

It has some good clips, but some of them are average, its like 50/50. However, it was still fun to watch, and I can't say that about most combo videos, because it was short, good song, and good editing.

And you aren't bad, you don't give yourself enough credit.
I'm not bad, but as you said, it's really average. Which is depressing.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Don't Worry Ankoku, My Sheik Will Be Good Enough For The Both Of Us

Gahgahahahahah

smaci92

Smash Lord
hi sheik people...there's no Q&A thread on here, and I don't want to start a new thread for this question, so I'm just gonna ask it here lol :). Anyways, I was playing a sheik online yesterday, and then there's the up tilt lock (as you all know)...Is there any way to get out of it? cause I was smash DI'ing up, and smashing the crap out of my controller until it broke, and still never got out of it...I'm guessing there's no way to get out of it and that's why it's called a "lock"...but there has to be a % at which you should be able to get out...if so, what %? and if it's a lock that can go on forever, then, urg...it's kinda cheap? :urg:

any help is appreciated. thanks

Rawr_

Smash Apprentice
W、アイス-クライマはシイクにまけた? 。。。どお。。。 ftiltは安いと思う?chaingrabはないの?w

demodemo

Smash Ace
well smaci, the percentages vary from character to character, but most locks start around 25% and end around 50. you DI towards sheik, or di away and up until you can jump, but if you di away, you will be in the lock for much longer.

this music is going to be in my head forever now ;__;

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
Wow... Though there were some good moments, but I'm shocked that I didn't see some of the things I've seen in your vids that I thought were combo video material.

You say that you're average, but how many good sheik players are there? Gimpy was, but I'm not sure I consider him to main brawl sheik anymore. Does RyoYakasa even play sheik anymore? That being said you're technically the 1st or 2nd best sheik there is right now [according to smash boards videos] ; )

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Can we expect an official video featuring Ankoku's greatest moments? :).

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Even if you don't wanna say you're good, you have to admit that vid is KICK ***! Loved it. And if you wanna win that badly try not playing sheik. =P

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I was satisfied with my editing, but not so much with the content. Frankly I was hoping for some more impressive stuff.

When I try playing top tier characters I do worse. The only exception to this is Marth.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
sheik is a much stronger character than people give her credit for.

Mizar

Smash Ace
I was satisfied with my editing, but not so much with the content. Frankly I was hoping for some more impressive stuff.

When I try playing top tier characters I do worse. The only exception to this is Marth.
Ah. I also play sheik and I do pretty well. But its hard to get good material, since alot of combos aren't more than a couple of hits. No spike, no uber knee or punch. I think sheiks material will mainly come from gimping. Stage spikes and Needles like in gimpy's vid are an example.

Anyway, I know how you feel about being disappointed about your game. I often thought I could be at my limit for brawl. But its getter better, slowly but surely.

You'll get better mate, and I'm sure your next vid will have awesome stuff in it.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
You'll probably get better over time. BUT you can always learn DACUS and take clips from when you combo into it. Even you'll be suprised when it connects. =P

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You'll probably get better over time. BUT you can always learn DACUS and take clips from when you combo into it. Even you'll be suprised when it connects. =P
Telling this to someone who advocates smart play and fundamentals over gimmicks and has below average tech skill, this is like telling me to try to wall-infinite people in Melee with Fox using the JC multi-Shine infinite instead of a simple waveshine because it's "so cool when you can manage to pull it off."

Rawr_

Smash Apprentice
~joins the club~ If I could use meta knight I would but...well someone who hasn't played smash for longer then a day does about as good as me with him. ^-^';
*agrees* I am an absolute failure at meta knight, the only top or even high tier i can sorta play is marth lol
even then i suck with him XD

Tristan_win

Not dead.
After enough practice Rawr Meta knight becomes a hella a lot easier for Sheik. When I first started fighting meta knight with Sheik I thought it was a impossible match up and now I'm beginning to think things are more 45/55.

Just keep on fighting all of the top and high tiers until you learn all of their little patterns and flaws then throw a ftilt in there.

F00LY

Smash Apprentice
Ankoku, thank you. I needed this. =)

After seeing this video, I reconfirmed what I was already thinking right before my Wii broke; I need to return to playing Sheik. She has so much untapped potential still. These combos and example were really amazing.

Also thank you for the song of choice. =) Yousei!~~~ I had NEVER heard of her before...I went and got her entire discography after seeing this video and wow I am in love. This is some really good stuff. I plan on doing some video editing myself soon. I've never made any sort of combo video or any other video, but always wanted to and planned on shortly. I hope it can turn out half as decent =o

As for the other discussion happening in this thread I agree completely. The current cast of "high tiers" are way to difficult to play as...except I seem to be the only person who CAN'T play Marth. Zero skill with him whatsoever. Love playing him, know everything I can about him and how to play him, I just really suck at applying it. Though D3 isn't too bad to play as in my opinion. Toon Link and Sheik is definitely more my combat style though.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
*agrees* I am an absolute failure at meta knight, the only top or even high tier i can sorta play is marth lol
even then i suck with him XD
Falco for me. I fail as the others.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Telling this to someone who advocates smart play and fundamentals over gimmicks and has below average tech skill, this is like telling me to try to wall-infinite people in Melee with Fox using the JC multi-Shine infinite instead of a simple waveshine because it's "so cool when you can manage to pull it off."
Tech skill can be improved by practice and the analogy doesn't work because DACUS does serve a useful purpose (even if its situational)..... I'm not gonna bother. The vid's nice anyway.

edit: Top tiers aren't that easy to pick n play. All characters take some practice so if you pick up a top tier don't just expect to be pro. Some of the top tier have harder learning curves than sheik (maybe not sheik/zelda).

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It has nothing to do with learning curves and everything to do with how they actually play.

Snake may be a better character overall, but I'm not going to learn a character that pretty much avoids the air. I had some success with Meta Knight, but I still have issues with the fact that multi-jump characters don't jump very high very fast.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Ah, so its a question of preference. That stuff annoys me as well, but I play Brawl mainly to win (melee for fun) so I stuck with DDD and get over the crappy jumps. I can't stand falco most of all... that's a little gayer than I'm willing to be and I don't have the patience the camp that hard.

edit: @shadowlink: lol. Ankoku's sheik inspired me to pick up sheik too.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Are you kidding? Falco is awesome. dair and bair beating everything and a ****ing laser, I can use that character all day provided I don't do something stupid involving Side+B.

Top Bottom