• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm covinced.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
mm.....Diddy is good to.
Nades > Nanaz. IMO
True but I like ROB vs D3 better tbh. I think its just a tad more easy at least for me.

And Snake is not Diddy's worst matchup. Diddy mains and Snake mains john about each other too much. At the worst its 45-55 in Snake's favor.

Luigi is his worst matchup. He can't be banana comboed because he slides too far. And that with his **** combo ability and Diddy has it rough. Falco is another bad MU for Diddy being 40-60.

I'm under the impression the robot doesn't do too bad against Diddy.

But here's how I look at it:

Snake's Bad MUs aren't that bad. His worst matchup is debatable. Some say D3, others say ROB. Either way they're winnable.
Pikachu and Wario are a little tough like 45-55. Falco is like 50-50 and so is MK. Diddy is debatable. But Snake ***** GaW and Marth.

ROB has it harder:
Falco , GaW, MK, Zamus all give the robot a rough time :( D3, Pikachu and Wario still harass him. Diddy also gives him problems as well as Marth. 50-50 I think on most of those.

Snake technically doesn't need a secondary.
What? no!
What I meant by "Nades > Nanaz".......is that I prefer have Snake as a Secondary (compered to Diddy). :)

TheMike

Smash Lord
And Snake is not Diddy's worst matchup. Diddy mains and Snake mains john about each other too much. At the worst its 45-55 in Snake's favor.
According to the Diddy Boards, 55-45 is the worst ratio for them. Falco/Kirby/Luigi/Marth/Meta Knight/Snake/Wario 55-45 Diddy Kong.

Snake isn't Diddy's worst MU for sure, but it can be considered one of them, as Sil said

I'm under the impression the robot doesn't do too bad against Diddy.
Yes, ROB's fine against Diddy. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=250573

Snake's Bad MUs aren't that bad. His worst matchup is debatable. Some say D3, others say ROB. Either way they're winnable.
Pikachu and Wario are a little tough like 45-55. Falco is like 50-50 and so is MK. Diddy is debatable. But Snake ***** GaW and Marth.
Snake ****** G&W and being even against MK is good for ROB. Falco isn't so hard IMO and Marth is pretty even-ish.

The problem is DDD. And ROB wins the Pikachu MU. And the Wario one isn't so hard, just like Falco.

ROB has it harder:
Falco , GaW, MK, Zamus all give the robot a rough time :( D3, Pikachu and Wario still harass him. Diddy also gives him problems as well as Marth. 50-50 I think on most of those.
As I said before, I don't think that the Falco MU is hard. We ROBs don't have the advantage, but there are some other MUs that are more difficult. IMO this MU is 55-45 Falco. 55-45 for Wario, too. We win the Pikachu MU and probably the Diddy one. And Marth isn't actually a problem.

ROB's worst MUs IMO are MK, Zamus(even without the infinite), DDD and G&W and probably Olimar. I think it is 57-43 Oli, but 55-45 is fine. I also think it's 55-45 Falco/Wario. However, differently from Olimar, I can see them as 53-47.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
ROB beats Diddy

and everyone step in your time machine to January 2010 lol, GaW doesn't beat ROB anymore lol
its actually not a hard matchup at all imo. Theres a good chance ROB might win (instead of go even).

And Midwest has -2 DDDs lol. Not a single good DDD main there afaik.

TheMike

Smash Lord
GaW doesn't beat ROB anymore lol
its actually not a hard matchup at all imo. Theres a good chance ROB might win (instead of go even).
Hmm, my resumed opinion about this MU:

You're big, he has Bair and Nair, you'll probably not gimp him. He's difficult to kill due to the Bucket Brake. If you don't agle your laser, he'll avoid it by simply crouching. If you angle it down, he can use the bucket. His Fsmash avoids our Gyro. In short, we can't camp much and when coming to the close range, he's better.

How would you rank this MU, Chibo?

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
Well by harass I don't necessarily mean they have the advantage. Marth still has the tools to mess with ROB but doesn't neccesarily mean he wins that MU.

Oh and you reminded me about Oli. Its like 45-55 for Oli against Snake (debatable). I can see ROB having a slightly easier time.

And what do ROBs consider the ratio on ROB vs D3? I tend to have an easier time with D3 as ROB vs Snake strange enough.

TheMike

Smash Lord
Well by harass I don't necessarily mean they have the advantage. Marth still has the tools to mess with ROB but doesn't neccesarily mean he wins that MU.
IMO it's 50-50. So nobody wins. ROB can gimp, he has a good camping game and can also avoid Marth's approach with moves like Ftilt that outrages Marth's Fair when anglesd up. However, ROB is a big target, and that's really a problem becuase Marth is very good when juggling with aerials and Side Bs.

And what do ROBs consider the ratio on ROB vs D3? I tend to have an easier time with D3 as ROB vs Snake strange enough.
I would say it's 60-40 DDD. I can elaborate on this MU if you want.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
ROB v DDD is AWFUL. I now consider it ROB's worst matchup, worse than MK lol. One of the big things it comes down is that even though both MK and DDD **** ROB, at least you can kill MK. ROB does have a lot of good tools against DDD, especially edgeguarding, but a good DDD will hardly have a reason to be in that situation. DDD kills ROB very early with utilt and can rack up damage incredibly fast with chaingrab across the stage to bthrow. Practically ROBs anything can be shieldgrabbed also. To win you literally have to completely outskill the DDD and mindgame the crap out of him (one of the most effective things I've found is literally running up and just grabbing DDD, since another one of the few things ROB has going in the matchup is that his grab is faster than DDDs afaik, and DDDs will rely on shieldgrabbing so much that they wont expect a random coup d'egrab on him.

Hmm, my resumed opinion about this MU:

You're big, he has Bair and Nair, you'll probably not gimp him. He's difficult to kill due to the Bucket Brake. If you don't agle your laser, he'll avoid it by simply crouching. If you angle it down, he can use the bucket. His Fsmash avoids our Gyro. In short, we can't camp much and when coming to the close range, he's better.

How would you rank this MU, Chibo?
Nair is just like... idk avoid it lol. I mean sure it can be a pain to make it down to the ground sometimes, but you'll make it. Go for the ledge a lot of the time. The only real problem I see with making it down isn't being juggled by nair but instead being followed (until your forced to airdodge) and getting smacked by fair.

Just shield bair or run away and punish GaW when he lands (with a projectile) or if he doesnt overspace well then run up and do stuff. also note the hits (a good way to tell is by listening to the hits on your shield), theres a very noticeable gap between the last and 2nd to last hit of bair that you have enough time to drop your shield and attack during. But I normally just go for the safer run away and punish later method.

It's very safe for ROB to be on the ledge generally in this matchup. It's a little tough to get up on the stage again like most matchups, but not as bad as some MUs (like Snake urg). Try to bait GaWs to follow u off stage below the ledge cause they think their the **** but its SO easy to gimp GaW lol. Nair and Bair cut right through upB its hilarious. (its very tough to time nair cause of the animation so go with bair). If you Bair GaW out of his upB like once at any percent hes dead lol. The angle it sends him at is pretty disastrous while being hit below the stage as it is that you'll then easily edgehog him. This is why you'll see me always say on the board how I'm not afraid of GaW ledge camping as i literally wait for the opportune moment to ledgehog between his attacks, then drop down and bair when he's forced to upB. Done deal. If for some reason he does make it back to the stage, then that gives you a free fair (or a nair or bair if your timing is really good, but its not reliable because of your ledge lag, just take the free damage with fair).

Bucket breaking doesnt help too much in this matchup because you'll be killing GaW vertically, which BB'ing still helps, but no where near as much as horizontally.

A great thing that helps is that ROB is never in free fall animation, so GaW can't do stupid uair upB tricksies to you like he can to a lot of characters (esp MK) which makes it so GaW gets a guaranteed free move. Not gonna work on ROB!

And if you're feeling ballsy, you can usmash GaW as he comes down with his dair, you'll hit and and can even be safe (not trade hits) if you time it right. and usmash kills him at wtf low percents lol, esp cause they wont see it coming and wont DI well.

Noraa

Smash Lord
gw vs rob to me is 50-50, mybe 55-45 gw favor. but it isnt that bad at all, i love the mu

TheMike

Smash Lord
Thanks for posting, Chibo! I know the stuff ROB can do, but I think G&W's game on this MU is much more effective than ROB's. And what is its ratio in your opinion?

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Thanks Chibo, G&W is a MU ive been lacking in, along with D3 since MW truly does have -2 D3s, its sad.

Falco is one that takes ALOT of concentration to fight, PS the lasers and DONT get mad.

Marths not bad at all, verry 50-50 imo.

I consider Diddy easy, only because its one of my best known MUs, that and MK.

ChiboSempai: you fought a MK named DJIskascribble at pound right? I fought him last weekend and he said we were about the same in the MK MU.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I prefer playing DDD as opposed to Diddy. I'm a gay as hell player to begin with, so ledge camping the bologna out of DDD comes naturally anyway.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
o yea i knew i was forgetting someone, yea i played DJ in pools and lost

i wish i played better :/
he did good though, and also beat xzax
but lost to smurf lol

i dont like ratios but il say 55 rob - 45 GaW for now

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
I think a few matchups should be rediscussed. But thanks for your input on vs D3 Chibo. Just trying to get more insight on the robots matches.

And Mike I already knew Marth is 50-50. That kinda helps my point ;)

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
ROB beats Diddy

and everyone step in your time machine to January 2010 lol, GaW doesn't beat ROB anymore lol
Finally, someone agree...I was gonna wait til' someone mentioned it to say this......GW no longer has any "real" advatage over ROB. I play this MU every weekend. :p
And I've realized more and more that it's not a "horrible MU" as people used to think.
IMO ROB v GW is 55:45 (GW's favor). :)

Bees!

Smash Ace
Finally, someone agree...I was gonna wait til' someone mentioned it to say this......GW no longer has any "real" advatage over ROB. I play this MU every weekend. :p
And I've realized more and more that it's not a "horrible MU" as people used to think.
IMO ROB v GW is 55:45 (GW's favor). :)
The top player in my state is a GnW main. And although I have never faced him in tourneys. We usually go about even in friendlies. I also fail to see the MU disadvantage maybe slightly in GnW favor. You just have to play differently than used to. DDD and MK on the otherhand. At least at this last tourney I was able to get Domo's MK to his last stock. But about secondaries. I was thinking of picking up Diddy. He covers ROB very well. Except for Wario. He pretty much does better against ROB(and my) problem MUs.

I dunno

Anybody have any opinion on ROB+Diddy [? ?]

Edit: And yes I hate the DDD MU. I poke and camp and poke and runaway for a minute to get him up to 50-60 percent and he gets it back in 10 seconds if he gets a grab. Also his Bairs are too good.

Double Edit: What is anyones opinion about the Wario MU. I used to think it was even. Now I think its a disadvantageous MU.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
can we just have detailed matchups discussions again, I need to really know why we go even with G&W, someone please explain this to me
if a g&w isnt superb with spacing their turtles, SDI out by holding/or tapping (best method) up and come out with a fair. I know this doesn't answer what you desire, but just a random tidbit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

So I'm starting to change my R.O.B. color depending on what stage I'm on in order to camouflage my top.

Anyone else do this?

Zwarm

Smash Hero
So I'm starting to change my R.O.B. color depending on what stage I'm on in order to camouflage my top.

Anyone else do this?
I really only do that if I know I'm going to FD, then I'll go blue ROB. I just like green ROB too much. XD

I should start trying that more, though.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
The top player in my state is a GnW main. And although I have never faced him in tourneys. We usually go about even in friendlies. I also fail to see the MU disadvantage maybe slightly in GnW favor. You just have to play differently than used to. DDD and MK on the otherhand. At least at this last tourney I was able to get Domo's MK to his last stock. But about secondaries. I was thinking of picking up Diddy. He covers ROB very well. Except for Wario. He pretty much does better against ROB(and my) problem MUs.

I dunno

Anybody have any opinion on ROB+Diddy [? ?]

Edit: And yes I hate the DDD MU. I poke and camp and poke and runaway for a minute to get him up to 50-60 percent and he gets it back in 10 seconds if he gets a grab. Also his Bairs are too good.

Double Edit: What is anyones opinion about the Wario MU. I used to think it was even. Now I think its a disadvantageous MU.
I used to have difficulty with the Wario matchup, but now I think I've got the hang of it. I believe its even. Here are some simple things

Ban brinstar, I dont completely know why, although I can guess. Its small, and there the platforms dont really have any ground beneath them, and u need platforms vs wario, they blobk his approaches so much.

In game 1, strike FD, try and get BF, YI, or LC (or PS1 if LC isnt a neutral where u at). LC, and YI are gud because ROB is ******** in the fact tha he is a tall character, and grabs low (much like charizard, and wario grabs up o.O) so on these uneven stages u can go for the grab release. camp under a platform, tilt in the direction he approaches in, camp ur *** off, u have to camp really well, play well near ur gyro, use Bairs when he is in the air, he can't do **** while u do that, I also use Nair (any high priority aerial)

I believe there shud be matchup discussions for more in depth analysis

if a g&w isnt superb with spacing their turtles, SDI out by holding/or tapping (best method) up and come out with a fair. I know this doesn't answer what you desire, but just a random tidbit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone else do this?
U can just tell me over msn :bee:

Sudai

Stuff here
Even though -you- got what -you- needed, someone else may find use for discussion along a similar topic and I'd rather that be put in here than in a new thread....sooooo, no, I won't lock this.

Sudai

Stuff here
*nods* Even if no one else were to use this thread, I dislike closing something just to close it. Threads that aren't getting attention will sift to the bottom and it'd be the same effect as closing, but this way it offers more freedom and liberties to anyone looking at the forum.

Trillest

Smash Ace
I agree with the snake 2nd, infact as of my last tourney he is now my second. I need a better mu against mk cos i feel like im losing to a player of lesser skill bcos mk > rob. Tbh the transition of picking up snake hasn't been very hard, some different at's but i think the mindset you play both characters with is fairly similiar

atown238

Smash Rookie
idk about snake secondaries. Sure they are alike in some ways but that just means if your opponent can catch your flaws that your going to get punished hardcore. I have falco as my secondary. He has an ok camping game and he has that extra umph for what i need to play characters like g&w and d3. It does give me a little of a downfall with snake matchups though. It kinda makes me want to pick up snake for a secondary just to do Mirror games against other snakes.

Sudai

Stuff here
You don't even need to pick up MK if you want to use MK to beat D3. Just intelligently spam tornado. Seriously. Way back at Whobo I watched CO18 CG Lee's lucario 300 times before Lee got pissed, went MK, and used almost nothing but Nado. Was hilarious.

ONAGA

Smash Apprentice
that was funny lol. than darn tomato is annoying when he spins... up down, left right, everywhere you look theres a tornado.

Bees!

Smash Ace
To copy Zwarm's siggy style in an attempt to explain how I am going to do it.
Mains/Secondary.

:rob::diddy:/:kirby:

ROB covers Diddys moderately bad MUs. (Snake[Ya I think its even vs ROB big whoop wanna fight about it?] and Marth)
Diddy covers ROBs BAD MUs (MK and DDD[For me anyways])
Kirby covers birds named Flaco.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
To copy Zwarm's siggy style in an attempt to explain how I am going to do it.
Mains/Secondary.

:rob::diddy:/:kirby:

ROB covers Diddys moderately bad MUs. (Snake[Ya I think its even vs ROB big whoop wanna fight about it?] and Marth)
Diddy covers ROBs BAD MUs (MK and DDD[For me anyways])
Kirby covers birds named Flaco.
=D I love mah siggy.

I'm actually starting to think it'll become more like Mains/Secondaries :rob::pikachu2:/:falco::dedede:

I know that 4 is a weird number, and I know I'll still have trouble with G&W with this set up, but I have a friend that I practice with frequently who's a G&W main, so I'll just work on the match up with all of them. Oh, and if my Falco gets good enough, I might switch Pika and Falco, but yea, you get the drift.

Pika mainly covers Falco and DDD, plus I just love playing as Pika, he's so much fun!

Falco covers ZSS, MK(more or less), Olimar, Wolf(I play Kain a lot, and trust me, ROB isn't enough most of the time XD), TL(when I don't feel like getting my *** camped, I'll just SHDL him all day XD)

DDD is just for when I'm not feeling comfortable with ROB against Snake or DK(there's a lot of good DK's in IL), plus I just like playing him. =D

Teh Future

Smash Master
You don't even need to pick up MK if you want to use MK to beat D3. Just intelligently spam tornado. Seriously. Way back at Whobo I watched CO18 CG Lee's lucario 300 times before Lee got pissed, went MK, and used almost nothing but Nado. Was hilarious.
Lee martin secondarys mk ur dumb and dont even play this game.

Rob and D3 go pretty close to even. killing isn't even that much of a problem because you can just harass his recovery so landing kill moves is very easy compared to most matchups. Plus when rob gets a hit in D3 gets combo'd like no other

i love clicking on any thread in the rob boards and seeing cats cry about mk even when it has nothing to do with him

Teh Future

Smash Master
according to you. Not according to anyone else that plays ROB.

lrn2 follow up moves imo

we cant get garanteed damage like D3 can but we can rack up just as much from one grab/hit with good reads. And you shouldn't get hit by utilt ever lol

Top Bottom