• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm covinced.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
I've been (he's my secondary) playing Snake for about 5 to 6 months. And, after playing him for so long I realized he's a "perfect" Seconary for ROB, if you exclude Meta Knight. Snake's like ROB except better. Snake has a lot of the same weakness and strengths as ROB. He's like ROB in so many ways. But, I'll let what I'm about to say do the explaining.
Originally I picked up Snake from watching Ally. I thought it was fun to throw around grenades. :laugh:

Okay, so this a summary of Snake. Not gonna put anything about ROB, because I think we all know about ROB. :p

How Snake and ROB are alike:
-Like ROB, Snake can get juggled
-Both of them, have a decent form of camp
-Great CQC
-Both have ways around getting juggled
-Good recoveries
-Amazing Ftilts. lulz
-great GTFO game.
-Both have decent ledge options.
-good grab game

Area Snake does better than ROB
+Lives longer
+Platforms
+MK MU
+G&W MU
+other MUs
+Better CQC
+More kill power
+better doubles partner (IMO)
+Better grab game

So what do you guys think?
Is Snake a good secondary for ROBs? I mean there isn't any thin major a ROB main has to adapt to.

TheMike

Smash Lord
ROB's worst MUs IMO are MK, Zamus(even without the infinite), DDD and G&W and probably Olimar. Snake does better than ROB on all of those MUs listed(DDD/Oli vs Snake MU became even). So... he's a good secondary overall. Just don't let him become your main because all of the topics listed on OP, Snake does better than ROB. I mean, on the "How Snake and ROB are alike" part without counting the first topic as it is very similar to the fourth one.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Both Snake and ROB suck a TON at the edge by the way.

Unless if you meant by ledge options, options for countering getups, then that would be true.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I main Bloody Hands ROB, **** ROB, Pansy ROB, CrashTest/KillBill/BumbleBee ROB, Ninja ROB and Rambo ROB.

I never thought much on a secondary...hmmmmmmm xP <3

Personally, I'm not big on ratios. And most people will probably say that if you're going to 2nd Snake...why not just main him? I use ROB for all MUs (even the dreaded MetaKnight MU), but what I do enjoy doing and I might be scolded for this but w/e, I enjoy messing around with characters that I feel help better my robot game. I learned the IC grab (to an extent) in order to work on grab set ups, marth to work on spacing and saying that I mess around with Diddy in order to improve my projectile game would be terribly wrong; he's just fun. Snake is fun to play to work on stage control because ROB can focus on stage control if his gyro is used wisely. But that's the closest I'll get to a 2nd. Just learning other characters to both improve my ROB game, and playing ROB too much usually gets me narrow-minded and I lose all sense of fundamental game in tourney matches.

But that's just me =]

ROB's worst MUs IMO are MK, Zamus(even without the infinite), DDD and G&W and probably Olimar. Snake does better than ROB on all of those MUs listed(DDD/Oli vs Snake MU became even). So... he's a good secondary overall. Just don't let him become your main because all of the topics listed on OP, Snake does better than ROB. I mean, on the "How Snake and ROB are alike" part without counting the first topic as it is very similar to the fourth one.
I wouldn't say Olimar is much of a problem for ROB, just an annoying MU to learn, and I think the G&W MU is sooooo overrated, it isn't that bad. D3 just makes you camp like a beast and he's hard as robot poo to kill. Zamus, I can get where that MU is bothersome, robots like booty too xD. Really, the only demon for me is MK. Just maintain a ground game and don't get too fancy with the batball and it's 60:40 at worst....to me at least ^_^.

boy im rambling. haha
laterbeepos

TheMike

Smash Lord
I wouldn't say Olimar is much of a problem for ROB, just an annoying MU to learn, and I think the G&W MU is sooooo overrated, it isn't that bad. D3 just makes you camp like a beast and he's hard as robot poo to kill. Zamus, I can get where that MU is bothersome, robots like booty too xD. Really, the only demon for me is MK. Just maintain a ground game and don't get too fancy with the batball and it's 60:40 at worst....to me at least ^_^.
Olimar has the advantage. It's not so big though, but among the MUs where ROB has a little disadvantage, Olimar's probably the worst.

The G&W MU isn't that overrated IMO. You're big, he has Bair and Nair, you'll probably not gimp him. He's difficult to kill due to the Bucket Brake. If you don't agle your laser, he'll avoid it by simply crouching. If you angle it down, he can use the bucket. His Fsmash avoids our Gyro. In short, we can't camp much and when coming to the close range, he's better.

While you camp, camp, and camp some more D3, he chain grabs you and rack up more damage.

The Zamus MU really is bothersome. She wins on the air, on the ground he juggles you hard using set ups for so, such as Dash Attack > Utilt(Zamus players know that they'll only get the Utilt if the DA hits), Jab1 > Dtilt... Oh, and she also wins when edge guarding. =/

And MK........ is MK.

Btw Eric, I met wangston today. He told me that you guys are close friends. =]

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
ZSS can also SHAD the utilt mixed in with her SH Uairs.

Im beginning to feel like the only chance ROB has in the MK matchup is human error, and nothing more.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Seriously, ROB gets ***** by MK, no chance, seriously, dont ever expect to beat M2K in tourney with rob, like OMG, I dont even wanna go into detail, seriously, its just soooooooooooooo bad, dont force me to explain, seriously, its 70-30, mk favor, I'm dead serious

I main ROB AND I ALSO MAIN Olimar

Olimar is suuuuuuuuuuuuuuch a great wing man for ROB, and Vice versa

G&W is gay, 2 gay for ROB, 40-60

ZSS just to hard, 40-60

D3 is a ******, has grab range and survivability and everything 40-60

Falco out camps us :cry: but manageable 45-55

Olimar has a superior ground game, but we can still camp effectively and stuff :bee: 45-55

the rob match-up synopsis thread says Mario is hard for us o.O (I wanna talk about this :confused:)

I'm starting to believe maybe Wario is 45-55 for us

I believe those are all of ROB's match-ups that are below even, 45-55 isn't a problem, 40-60 and more is a problem though :(

Tin Man

Smash Hero
lulz, the best secondary for anyone is MK, but apparently diddy counters mk, but we win the matchup vs diddy (even though no one else thinks so, I mentioned it in the pound live stream, and got laughed at by the commentators, even using chibo sempai as reference, but they looked down on his placing, used holy as reference as well, but had to go so didnt hear what they had to say)

TheMike

Smash Lord
lulz, the best secondary for anyone is MK, but apparently diddy counters mk, but we win the matchup vs diddy (even though no one else thinks so, I mentioned it in the pound live stream, and got laughed at by the commentators, even using chibo sempai as reference, but they looked down on his placing, used holy as reference as well, but had to go so didnt hear what they had to say)
"MK is the worst secondary because he'll become your main"

by OS

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
This may explain why though Snake is my main, ROB is completely natural to me. He's actually my second best character and I've had pros acknowledge that its good. But I don't see a point in seconding him in tournies.

But he's so **** fun XD

I are in a dilemma :(

Sudai

Stuff here
This may explain why though Snake is my main, ROB is completely natural to me. He's actually my second best character and I've had pros acknowledge that its good. But I don't see a point in seconding him in tournies.

But he's so **** fun XD

I are in a dilemma :(
Just use him against ICs and maybe Diddy if you have issues with Diddy.

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
Sudai the thing is Snake ***** ICs anyway to the point where ROB isn't needed. And I know this from experience having Lain in my smash scene. Snake is their worst MU anyway.

Diddy is another story. I've always had issues against Diddy with Snake. Might be able to use the robot against Wario and D3 as well.

I personally hate the Snake vs D3 fight. Its an uphill fight. I've lost to D3s because they ran the clock out on me. And Snake can't get overly aggresive in that fight. **** penguin.

As a Snake main I believe Snake makes a great secondary for ROB. It doesn't go both ways though. Falco, GaW, are his best options.

TheMike

Smash Lord
Diddy boards rank them the same right now, I hear Diddys john WAY more about Snakes tho, probably because there are so few falcos in OH.
LOL they rank Falco, Kirby, Luigi, Marth, Meta Knight, Snake and Wario the same. But according to the Falco Boards, this MU is 60-40 Falco.

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
True but I like ROB vs D3 better tbh. I think its just a tad more easy at least for me.

And Snake is not Diddy's worst matchup. Diddy mains and Snake mains john about each other too much. At the worst its 45-55 in Snake's favor.

Luigi is his worst matchup. He can't be banana comboed because he slides too far. And that with his **** combo ability and Diddy has it rough. Falco is another bad MU for Diddy being 40-60.

I'm under the impression the robot doesn't do too bad against Diddy.

But here's how I look at it:

Snake's Bad MUs aren't that bad. His worst matchup is debatable. Some say D3, others say ROB. Either way they're winnable.
Pikachu and Wario are a little tough like 45-55. Falco is like 50-50 and so is MK. Diddy is debatable. But Snake ***** GaW and Marth.

ROB has it harder:
Falco , GaW, MK, Zamus all give the robot a rough time :( D3, Pikachu and Wario still harass him. Diddy also gives him problems as well as Marth. 50-50 I think on most of those.

Snake technically doesn't need a secondary.

Top Bottom