• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm back into the game and I'm playing Ganondorf again. Ask me anything related.

chaddd

Smash Lord
whoa no way!! What a sweet discovery i had no idea!! Woooww

you are clearly the first person who has ever seen this damn

i am jealous yo ufound such an amazing....

Hahahahaha

This is what happens when you try to show Mark anything you think is new with Ganondorf.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
If that was directed at me I would be very impressed if you knew something about this game let alone with Ganon that I don't already know.

You annoy me.
Whoa, easy killer. He may not be a Ganon guy, but he's been studying melee a longgg time.

Strongbad knows lots about melee, and maybe a little more than you give him credit for. He's a frame data guy and consistently impressed me with melee knowledge in the few times we've played. I mean he was one of the main guys working on the programming for Project M...

Renth

Smash Hero
Whoa, easy killer. He may not be a Ganon guy, but he's been studying melee a longgg time.

Strongbad knows lots about melee, and maybe a little more than you give him credit for. He's a frame data guy and consistently impressed me with melee knowledge in the few times we've played. I mean he was one of the main guys working on the programming for Project M...
I'm sorry, how dare I doubt him. He's still annoying.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I'm sorry, how dare I doubt him. He's still annoying.
Some might say the same about you? Idk, but I'm just guessing that every once and awhile cocky, narcissistic, ex-melee players who act like they think they're God might get a little annoying too. For once, stop being a jerk bro. Come on.

Renth

Smash Hero
Some might say the same about you? Idk, but I'm just guessing that every once and awhile cocky, narcissistic, ex-melee players who act like they think they're God might get a little annoying too. For once, stop being a jerk bro. Come on.
I could really care less about what anybody has to say about me.

Did you really need to send me a story on facebook saying i'm a jerk and you hope this isn't how I really am in real life and you always wanted to tell me I'm a jerk?

Guy, Anyone who knows me in real life knows I speak my mind but at the same time am a very loved person in the community you want to know what i'm really like as a person

Talk to Chaddd this is his thread i'm sure he'll tell you but I don' t need him to defend my name so again. I don't care, I find this kid annoying if you don't like me saying he's annoying get over it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_gnV8M8NlU

my sig doesn't say im sorry i made you sad for no reason.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Hey bro, it's your call.

Good luck with that, hope it goes well for you. But honestly, Strong bad's pretty cool, to me. And he probably knows more about melee than you.

That being said, I'm fixing to watch some college football lol

Renth

Smash Hero
Cool I don't care what he knows or doesn't know.

lol

inb4 internet is serious business.

Honestly, why should he or anybody else care what some random guy on the internet says? I say he's annoying why would he care he doesn't know me. I have no part of his life anything taken seriously on an internet forum is hiliarous.

soju

SD God
uh-oh was i the trigger to this lil scuffle? ;D

you big bad ganons need to loosen up a bit,i just thought it was interesting since it was my first time discovering it, never said it was new discovery or anything :3

G. Vice

Smash Lord
uh-oh was i the trigger to this lil scuffle? ;D

you big bad ganons need to loosen up a bit,i just thought it was interesting since it was my first time discovering it, never said it was new discovery or anything :3
Lol dude, I didn't know about it honestly. It was new to me :)

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I really laughed out loud at "you annoy me" rofl. I doubt SB took much offense. Zane comin in strong! lol <3

I'm thinking about making marth my secondary.

I love Ganon.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I really laughed out loud at "you annoy me" rofl. I doubt SB took much offense. Zane comin in strong! lol <3

I'm thinking about making marth my secondary.

I love Ganon.
<3 Just calling it like I see it you know :D

also, welllll I've thought about it myself. But I don't have it in me to play Marth. Ganon is my man, but in the times I don't play him, I find myself falling in love with CF more and more. Less Fox and more of the Captain.

Renth

Smash Hero
cryers gonna cry got em.

as far as secondaries go Mario and Falco are just too much fun. I only got to playing mario from the cape beasting me with him all the time and Falco I lived in Florida it was meant to happen

chaddd

Smash Lord
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Renth knows more about the game than Strong Bad.

I mean, coding and frame data is cool and everything, but that doesn't amount to actual experience.

But argue all you want, I'm sure you have both changed one another's opinions significantly. See what I did there?

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Renth: I would be very impressed if Strong Bad knew something I didn't
Renth: I don't care what he knows or doesn't know

I'm not sure if this means his opinion was changed, but the reversal was funny to me

chaddd

Smash Lord
Renth: I would be very impressed if Strong Bad knew something I didn't
Renth: I don't care what he knows or doesn't know

I'm not sure if this means his opinion was changed, but the reversal was funny to me
What you're implying is that one scenario could not exist alongside the other.

Also I was clearly being sarcastic.

Walt

Smash Ace
This thread has gotten:
[ ]Totally awesome!
[ ]Informative!
[x]everyone shut up you stupid babies

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Aww, I thought it was B- Informative! :(

On a serious note though, Razorbacks play later this evening. Woo pig suey!!

Also, who fares better vs Falco/Sheik? Ganon or Falcon?

soju

SD God
^^ <3 ^^

But yeah, yall need to take the sticks out yo bootie holes or else you'll always ultimately get stabbed in the face by a fairy boy in a green skirt :3

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I really laughed out loud at "you annoy me" rofl. I doubt SB took much offense.
actually I'm in a large puddle of tears right now. mentally unstable atm dunno if I can go on.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Renth knows more about the game than Strong Bad.

I mean, coding and frame data is cool and everything, but that doesn't amount to actual experience.
I think there's a bunch of stuff we know that the other doesn't. overall at this point Renth is probably a much better/smarter player; like you said knowledge & stuff only goes so far when I lack experience comparatively. I haven't seen vids of him playing I don't think so I'm not sure but I'm kinda bad still IMO so yeah. BTW are you going to RoM4 or Apex? I don't think I've played you and would love to do so.

& Zane I appreciate the defense but they're right LOL. knowing what frame Ganon's Up-Tilt hits on is kinda lolworthy compared to understanding good spacing/mix-ups. even if you haven't memorized what frames your mix-ups come out on, it doesn't matter if you still know what works against what.
I'm also wrong sometimes & stubborn so I wouldn't be surprised it people find me arrogant/annoying at times. It's whatever, just gotta improve.

chaddd

Smash Lord
Aww, I thought it was B- Informative! :(

On a serious note though, Razorbacks play later this evening. Woo pig suey!!

Also, who fares better vs Falco/Sheik? Ganon or Falcon?
Falcon.

How could he be very impressed and not care at the same time?

and yeah, I got it
Being impressed by something doesn't mean that you're invested in it.

Someone being able to recite pi to 100 digits is impressive, but that doesn't mean I care.

I think there's a bunch of stuff we know that the other doesn't. overall at this point Renth is probably a much better/smarter player; like you said knowledge & stuff only goes so far when I lack experience comparatively. I haven't seen vids of him playing I don't think so I'm not sure but I'm kinda bad still IMO so yeah. BTW are you going to RoM4 or Apex? I don't think I've played you and would love to do so.
I said what I said because I watched Renth's videos when I first started out, and when I met him he showed me more random tricks and things about the game than anyone since. And I know how much time he's put into the game just trying to figure out cool new things.

And I might be going to Apex.

Renth

Smash Hero
^^ <3 ^^

But yeah, yall need to take the sticks out yo bootie holes or else you'll always ultimately get stabbed in the face by a fairy boy in a green skirt :3
the thing is you might not realize how much nobody (i hope) cares about anything that's been said here at all.

actually I'm in a large puddle of tears right now. mentally unstable atm dunno if I can go on.
and that is the attitude everybody should have I'm sorry if I come off as an offensive egotistical prick but you know it is the internet and i'm sure what I have to say really means a lot to you so I'm sorry I crushed your hopes and dreams...

/sarcasm.

And I might be going to Apex.

I'd like to just to catch up with old friends at this point the competitive scene isn't for me I don't care if I wash out of first round pools. Tournaments like the time you spent the night at my place were some of the best times of my life.

anyway, now that hopefully the emotional crying spree is over. I have a very hard time against defensive captain falcons, offensive ones you can predict them flying at your with a n air and use an up angled f tilt or retreating b air and the match up isn't too rough. However, when a Falcon waits for you to come to him for you to make a mistake I find the match up near impossible to win.

Thoughts?

Battlecow

Play to Win
@ the sleep discussion on the first page- you really can't know how a lack of sleep will affect someone's mindset and gameplay. Saying things like "It will always make you worse" is demonstrably false- Kage was on the right track when he said that "the scientific answer is not always the right one." That is to say, scientific "fact" shouldn't be applied willy-nilly to complex situations as if it's a cure-all. Lack of sleep might slow someone a bit, but if it also makes them more confident, less jittery, or what have you (and it might) it could easily be advantageous. Long story short, there's just a million things going into the mindset, and while lack of sleep might generally be a bad idea, I doubt that it always is.

Superspright

Smash Lord
We would have to setup a very elaborate experiment to prove this. Because the smashers couldn't know they were on team sleep or team didn't get enough--or we may just get a Hawthorne effect.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
lol whoa, what happened here?

anyways, went to a tourney, couldn't enter the main bracket due to lack of money, but i entered the 1 dollar amateur tournament. got forth, losing to a sheik and doc. both sets were three games, last stock etc. about 16 people entered i think.

Renth

Smash Hero
lol whoa, what happened here?

anyways, went to a tourney, couldn't enter the main bracket due to lack of money, but i entered the 1 dollar amateur tournament. got forth, losing to a sheik and doc. both sets were three games, last stock etc. about 16 people entered i think.
I watched the live stream for when you were playing barry you did well, I was cheering on the stream and shout outing hard because honestly that place is home to me.. well You know my past.

Anyway, what happened here? nothing at all people are silly.

Sleep discussion, before a tournament if somebody honestly tries to claim they play better without sleeping or getting a good breakfast you are insane. Knowing this battlecow kid is a troll well it really doesn't surprise me he feels that way.

soju

SD God
Tournament wise its a bad idea, now Smashing Till Dawn(STDs) thats hype, you get so tired you forget your own playstyle and create a brand new one while you desperately wait to see the sun rise so you can sleep

Renth

Smash Hero
Tournament wise its a bad idea, now Smashing Till Dawn(STDs) thats hype, you get so tired you forget your own playstyle and create a brand new one while you desperately wait to see the sun rise so you can sleep
There's a big difference in STD and Tournament.

STD is a blast, tournaments are serious business.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I watched the live stream for when you were playing barry you did well, I was cheering on the stream and shout outing hard because honestly that place is home to me.. well You know my past.

Anyway, what happened here? nothing at all people are silly.

Sleep discussion, before a tournament if somebody honestly tries to claim they play better without sleeping or getting a good breakfast you are insane. Knowing this battlecow kid is a troll well it really doesn't surprise me he feels that way.
I guess I'm insane to think that statistically, I did better in my tournaments with no sleep than with sleep.

Top Bottom