• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Illinois Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tink

Smash Hero
well, we gotta wait for a big tournament to surface on one of the coasts. once that happens though, im all up for it. ima hoping to have my lisence by the end of this month, so i can do some driving if need be <_</

viperboy_74

Smash Master
lolz...

goin to smashaid roy drove the whole way there and i drove the whole way back... naturally i drove through some of the worst weather ever... lolz... too good...

yup, were goin!!!! yeayuz!

BIG C

Smash Master
obviously we have to go to the WC and rep the MW since the only person to do that is like eddie xcept for like when snap_pop went out there and the kishes once the rest was all eddie

viperboy_74

Smash Master
lol... as long as we don't go to cali... as much as id lvoe to go there, i don't wanna drive like 24 hours.. lolz...

oh well, lets do it anyway! u guys got me pumped for this. u know how many bus cities we can go through?

lolz, i got a few games we can play on the way too!

BIG C

Smash Master
ok ill translate my previous post it was a reply to TJ's thing about games
and i was saying i have to own again in the game i never

for i am the undefeated champ in that game from the trip to SAVII.

and the reason i am is because im lazy and use such things as ive never had a job thus the laziness will be apparent.

BIG C

Smash Master
lol jiano got owned by my awesome english skills and unorganized thoughts in my posts. to inform u guys there is no revising in my posts i type as it comes in my head and leave it that way cuz i am that dam awesome

viperboy_74

Smash Master
lol, i love big c posts...

they are usually as good as trail posts...

and big c, i understood ur comment the first time :)

capps goin too? yeah!!!!

do i hear a certain AOB???? :)

smashman90

Smash Lord
Sorry if I am bumping this thread but I too am a Illinois smasher. I live in McLeansboro, which is in Southern Illinois. But I practically live in the middle of nowhere and there is barely any good smashers, so I am probably the best smasher in my town. Me and a friend might start a tourney sometime, don't when though. I will inform you guys on any updates on the status of possible tourney.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
i kind of live in southern illinois...

if u ever wanna play, just mapquest me (charleston IL) and ur always welcome here.

also, check out my thread for in two weeks

Dameon

Smash Cadet
yeah so im the n00b, breakin into the smash world in IL, wanna fight about it?...
Team Rabies is looking for Chi-town area tourneys to be in...we got free time and were lookin to kick some ***

Zjiin

Smash Master
For all of you chicago peoples out there who are looking for places to play, you might wanna add where you are in town and how far you are willing to go. I host smash nights a lot, and i'll be making a thread just for it soon.

Jazzness

Smash Ace
Is there anyone near De Kalb that would like to get quality practice in on weekends? I find that it really helps to get in some last-minute training before tournaments.

I can offer my apartment as a place to play. I have a big flat-screen tv and a decent living room for which to play in.

I also know a few ppl around here who'd love to play as well.

Lemme know if you're interested!

-- Mike.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
yeah i live in illinois, close to st. louis and i am interested in any smashfests/tourneys...pretty much anywhere...

espescially if i dont have to drive, and i can chip in for gas.

Dameon

Smash Cadet
alright...I'm in the waukegan area Park City district....and im willing to go 300 miles in any direction

gideonbob

Smash Rookie
Hey All,

I'm new to this site, but am interested in finding tournaments around chicagoland. I'm also new to the smash world as a community, so I'm curious what qualifies for good around here. I play Smash bros for N64 also, any of you still dig that one? I was totally disappoitned by melee. (not that I have a cube anyway).

Thanks,
Gideon

brickman

Smash Lord
Just checking to see if there are any tournaments coming up in the Champaign/ Urbana area any time soon. The last tournament was far before winter break, and I want to get in some good play. Let me know.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
brickman, i live less than an hour from you, if you ever want to play, pm me. me and about 3 others play quite a bit... starting to play more and more frequently.... anyway, just pm me.

same goes with you, smashman. im not too aweful far from you, if you ever wanna play...

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
lol... as long as we don't go to cali... as much as id lvoe to go there, i don't wanna drive like 24 hours.. lolz...

oh well, lets do it anyway! u guys got me pumped for this. u know how many bus cities we can go through?

lolz, i got a few games we can play on the way too!
How the hell do you guys get off of work??? LOL. I can get like 1 day if if i'm lucky. I could get more with very cafeful planning, ****. I want to go to a tourney <_<. The only thing i know that's coming up is smym. If there is any tourney sometime soon and i'm on the way think i could carpooL? most likely i'll be out of the way. Knowing ahead of time would be good.

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
Is there anyone near De Kalb that would like to get quality practice in on weekends? I find that it really helps to get in some last-minute training before tournaments.

I can offer my apartment as a place to play. I have a big flat-screen tv and a decent living room for which to play in.

I also know a few ppl around here who'd love to play as well.

Lemme know if you're interested!

-- Mike.

This is quite appealing but I don't have a vehicle lolz.

sligmasta

Smash Cadet
any smashers live in walking distance of the greend line? im new to the area and im looking to break into the scene. i live in oak park and am trying to find someone to practice with to get back to fighting weight, but i dont know the city that well yet so im trying to not have to switch trains 14 times

Smash Journeyman
any smashers live in walking distance of the greend line? im new to the area and im looking to break into the scene. i live in oak park and am trying to find someone to practice with to get back to fighting weight, but i dont know the city that well yet so im trying to not have to switch trains 14 times
yea im like two blocks from the green line

DaBearX

Smash Journeyman
Oak Park, no kidding? Im in River Forest. PM me sometime....... (I own no cube and I just bought my controller Friday but apparently I dont suck totally.

hip2hate

Smash Rookie
Orland

Hey i live in orland park and there are a few good smashers up here with me. We are always up for some smash. PM me if you wanna smash some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom