• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Illinois Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Post away! Even though Illinois people are usually too cool to post.

Upcoming in Illinois:

E=MC2

Tink

Smash Hero
im not from illinois, but im still cool. Everybody must come to E=mc2. its gonna be great. Done!

viperboy_74

Smash Master
illinios baby... represent! we need to have some state crew battles at FC...

like 8 member battles.
1. AOB
2. Pete Chen
3. me
4. Marcus
5. Eddie
6. Eduardo
7. Snex
8. someone else is good out there from IL, surly... maybe Luke

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Indiana could throw their hats in on this, I think state crew battles would be fun, but maybe trim it down to the normal 4-6 players?

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Doesn't Cunning live in IL? He's better than half the people on that list (myself included).

And I think we should go ahead and make smaller crews to make TimKish feel better. IL has plenty of people to make 2 crews. A Champaign crew sounds good to me. :dk:

MaskedMarth

Smash Ace
I'll see if I can come, but knowing me, probably not. I'm still fifteen, and I'm going to a summer school program at Northwestern, so Paris would be a long drive...>_>;

Anyway, if you come in this topic, Cunning, let's smash sometime :)

viperboy_74

Smash Master
wow... i totally forgot about cunning and trail. i was thinking they lived in indiana. ok then... two crews sounds good.

we have
1. AOB
2. cunning
3. me
4. luke
5. trail
6. pete chen
7. marcus
8. snex
9. eddie
10 eduardo

thats good for two 5 man teams anyway, and i might be forgetting some other great ones.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Can't you get anything right TJ? =)
Luke told me he wouldn't be at E=MC2. He said he doesn't care too much about smash anymore and that FC might be it for him.

Now a lot of people say that and I really don't believe him. But I do believe him that he won't be at MC2, so...
I wouldn't count on him for the team.
We do have Jazz and Capps, I think they're both planning to come. Dunno about Eduardo...

By the way, do you guys like my capitalization? I haven't posted like this in a looong time.

ahroo! :dk:

viperboy_74

Smash Master
keep dreamin tink. :laugh: u better be runnin away.

i actually knew luke wasn't gonna be at MC^2 and FC was his last tourney.
the kish's won't be at MC^2 either so i thought the state crew battles were gonna be at FC. would luke join the state ones at FC?

lol i guess your right, i mess everything up :)

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Yep, Trail and I are in IL, as are all of our random crewmates. Team Fox and IC's is some crazy stuff.

Yes, crewmates.

I see AOB is using capitals now. I like it.

On a related note, who else thinks this is a messed up face? :lick:

Apparently, there are only 5 or 6 active posters in IL. >____>

KishSquared

Smash Master
Dude, I thought you guys were in IN too.

Ah well, YES, STATE CREW BATTLE! IN VS IL!!! Man, we got too much going at FC, I hope we have time for that...

viperboy_74

Smash Master
i'm goin to FC (i think), but i won't make it until the afternoon of the 15th, probably around 2.

no way will team IN ever beat team IL.
team IL rules! we will even beat texas and the whole East coast.

john12345

Smash Rookie
illinois huh... well i stay in calumet city most of the summer when im not in school..so whenever wherever i might give it a shot altho imma little rusty... and lazy so i prolly wont drive far..

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Shoot, I could beat the entire IN crew by myself. They're just a bunch of goobers, they are.

ahroo! :dk: :monkey:

_Schills_

Smash Rookie
Hey you know i live in IL too.

P.S. This is the the jaw-droppingly amazing luigi in the MaskedSheik/MaskedMarth/should be MaskedFalcon vids.

P.S. #2 expect more vids to learn from by the end of the summer, i play peach now

(sarcasm is just dropping from my mouth like mustard from Michael Moore's lips right now)

JBlaze1394

Smash Ace
I haven't posted yet, and nobody noticed. I am SO good.

Hey TJ...how did I drop from #4 on your list to #7?? I figure its not based on skill, but rather on random memory of who to put on it...but still...

On a completely related note: that face is insane, Tone.

On a completely and perpetually related note: rebobinage.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
sorry marcus, just random memory. u know ur way up on my fav. smasher list, especially after that smashfest.

all these people that are posting in the IL thread better be at MC^2, expect the kish's.
actually... everyone posting in the MIDWEST section better be there!

Jazzness

Smash Ace
Indiana versus Illinois

Sure, I'm down with that. Been doin' a lot of practicin' as well.

Who wants to be teams with me for E=MC2? (:

Capps, do you think you could help me get a ride down there? Thanks ...

-- Mike

Amorasaki

Functional
Premium
BRoomer
Sorry I can't make FC because I'll be in Thailand. Eating delicious, delicious food. That's about it. Sorry : (

Amorasaki

Functional
Premium
BRoomer
The weeks leading up to me going to Thailand are pretty full because I will be working monday-saturday except on saturday the 9th. The 9th I will be at a wedding. boo!! But actually I think the wedding might be fun.

Capps Indigo

Smash Journeyman
~.~

Thailand!! Grid, im very jealous.. have a great time!!

and for everyone else.. this is capps.. illinois.. chicago/skokie/ex-champaign-urbana.. etc.. pm/post if you want to play

main team = dime (marcus and me) ^_^

mike, yea we can prolly make arrangements to get you down there

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
ahhh Grid you probably wouldn't go to FC anyway. It's too bad you don't come to more tournaments.

Isai was wondering about you at GS2. He says you have nice glasses. (that's Isai for ya!)

Also let's try to do some smash this weekend. Marcus are you available? This guy Herman that I met at an EB tourney (he was ok, dunno if he's still any good) called me up, but I'm not just gonna drive over to his house alone. Let me know you guys.

Besides we gotta practice up for upcoming tourneys.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
We delayed the registration date for FC3. Just get signed up beforehand if you're coming, please! Andy, the Champaign guys are looking kind of thin for this... :(

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
LOL NickB is a waste of human flesh.

No I haven't, he is really busy during the summer. But I know he made it out to MLG Chicago, so maybe he can. I'll PM you his phone # and you can try calling him, I haven't really spoken to him since before SMYM.
(The extent of our conversations has been "sorry I'm playing World of Warcraft for the next 4 hours, sorry Andy")

JBlaze1394

Smash Ace
Ok. I'm posting again...

Andy, call me today (Saturday, July 2nd) and let me know what time you want to get together. I'm cool with anytime.

TJ - I hear you didn't revenge me at MLG St. Louis...You better rebobinage and try again.

Everyone who went to MLG St. Louis - how did you let Joshu get 3rd? Man...I SHOULD have gone...I might've placed.

Though I would love to, I'm not going to FC - it's during the week, and I need to save at least 2 vacation days to go home for Christmas.

I WILL be at MC^2 next weekend though. You better believe it.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Marucs~ yes I'll call you in an hour or two. I need to finish wasting my morning for the first time in 2 weeks. It feels good!
(I know I mispelled your name, but you're just going to hve to live with it because I can't type)

We have to work out transportation for E+CM@. I dont' think I have my car that weekend, and I do have 2 setups I would like to bring... hmmm.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
marcus - i didnt' have to play squared :<. sorry. im still happy about 7th. dont' worry i'll get him at FC!
AOB - i would like you to bring those set-ups also so find a ride bud.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
I live in Illinois. I'm not bad, but I haven't been to a tournament yet, and can't make it to FC3. I'd still like to play with some other people sometime. I live in Barrington, if anyone's interested. I have one friend who is also pretty good, but we're the only decent people we've ever played with, so we want to get some other experience in.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
DrewB008 said:
I live in Illinois. I'm not bad, but I haven't been to a tournament yet, and can't make it to FC3. I'd still like to play with some other people sometime. I live in Barrington, if anyone's interested. I have one friend who is also pretty good, but we're the only decent people we've ever played with, so we want to get some other experience in.
Same goes for me. I live in Illinois, can't make it to FC3, but still want to play sometime. I only get to pratice agaisnt one Yoshi. I live in Marion (way southern Illinois. Email me at Jesus_freak_408@hotmail.com if you want to play sometime. I can drive pretty much anywhere after July 30th.

danielle_n_kaela

Smash Cadet
Well... I really don't know what to say... I had a lot of fun at MC^2... Hoping To go to Marcus' Smashfest... As long as my dad isn't being dumb... umm... lol... well I dunno what else so hope to see ya all again soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom