• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Illinois Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
viperboy_74 said:
lol i think u both missed ur chance by 1 day... E=MC^2, in middle/east illinois was yesterday... i think i live close to u both so PM me and we'll talk.
I believe Barrington is way north, and Marion is way south. I guess they can be equidistant from eachother if you live in central Illinois. People have a different opinion of what is close. You're right they missed their chance though. They both had about a 2 and a half hour drive for their first tournaments.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Start telling me when we should have SMYM4, give me some ideas. Let's make this one gold!

edit: Since MLG Chicago is in november, I'm thinking September for this one. Besides, it would keep up tradition.
SMYM1 - April
SMYM2 - Sept
SMYM3 - April
SMYM4 - Sept

so there. I'm pretty sure we're not looking at a 2-day event. Instead, I'm going to try to modify the format to give people more matches.

So if you have a particular weekend to suggest, speak up, and I'm going to start the wheels turning. Let's get an early start on this thing!

(why am I saying "Let's"? i'm going to end up doing all the work as always)

viperboy_74

Smash Master
how about a random date like saturday the 10th???
andy get ahold of me... i can come to champaign anytime and help w/ set ups, good dates, bad dates or whatever.

JBlaze1394

Smash Ace
TJ, you would pick the ONE weekend in September that I'm working as a random date. How about the weekend after that - Sept. 17? Remember, the Smashfest is on Aug. 20th...and we don't want to have them too close together, I think. I vote for Sept. 17th.

kirkq

Smash Ace
SMYM4 needs to get in the planning soon...i doubt you'll get 93 people again because school will be starting.....but 60+ would still be good stuff.....people traveling far need to know far in advance though...so the sooner the thread is up the better.....make an official thread in the tournament room and maybe ask about dates?

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
i'll check into the 17th this week, see if i can get the reservation.

kirk, I don't want to get 93 people this time, so it's all good. I think 70 is a good number.
I won't advertise locally, but I don't think there were all that many locals anyway. We'll see.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
That was pretty fast dmac!

I think 17 sounds good. I'll challenge you to a wrestle match this time.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Double Post

The 17th almost definitely won't happen because BACH can't make it then. So I'm thinking the 24th or the 1st of Oct... or would labor day weekend be good? I don't know if people usually make plans for labor day, I sure don't.

Tell me what's up.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
No the 1st is definatelly a BAD date... i have to go to a wedding :<. what about the 24th? i am good for any date, before or after september 10th, except october first.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
So far the 24th of september has it. Anyone else have something to say about it?? I'm gonna post the topic soon.
But first I have to go check and see if the date will work. I'll do that tomorrow.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
double post

OK, I've got the room for the 24th, but it's not too late to change it. If you guys have a problem with the date you'd better post up pretty soon! I'll make a topic.... uhm, really soon.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
i think the date is perfect... not too close, not too far away, not very close to anything important in the smash community. u got my vote, plus everyone needs a finalized date to ask off of work... :)

Vertiboy

Smash Cadet
I might try to make it to SMYM 4 if I'm free on the 24th. It would only be like a 3 hour trip since I'm in southern IL and all. I'd even bring my team, even though they are better than me. At least I think they are. Oh, well.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
This room is so full of "Any smashers from Ohio?" threads that the IL thread got pushed way down to the bottom!
We have to talk about some IL things!

Tink

Smash Hero
we should so do a big crew battle at smym 4 with like ohio, indiana, illinois, michigan, kansas, and whatever state can get some people together. jus a thought. since we cant do a crew tournament there.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Yeah if we have time I'd love to see some state crew battles. I wouldn't be in one because I can think of 5 people in IL who are better than me, but it would be cool.

CaptainAwesome

Smash Ace
I want to be on Team IL. Is there a set team yet, or is this just someone's wishful thinking? I really haven't found much to be scared of in IL, excluding Eddie of course. I guess I'll go to SMYM4 and try to get higher than 17th this time. I'll prove my IL skillz then.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
i vote we have battles for the illinois crew at marcus's. I want my chance now too, but i won't be attending SMYM4. Who is all in the running anyway

Eddie
Pete Chen
NickB
AOB
ME
Marcus
Cunning
Trail
Capt. Awesome
Jack Lumber
maybe snex
maybe luke?
probably smash superstar wants in

anyone else want in on a battle for the illinois crew? We could actually make this big. have all the states do it and at FC4, have state battles.

CaptainAwesome

Smash Ace
Thanks for having faith in me Viperboy. When do you want to do this? Also, I don't know where Marcus lives. Oh yeah, can you add two of my crewmates to the running? My boys Dan and Massive M. need to get in on this.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
ok then. i vote that i organize this for marcus's house. He will post directions soon i'm sure.

Eddie
Pete Chen
NickB
AOB
ME
Marcus
Cunning
Trail
Capt. Awesome
Jack Lumber
Dan
Massive M.
maybe snex
maybe luke?
probably smash superstar wants in

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
LOL (if) I end up on the team I'm going to lose all my faith in IL smashers.

That's what I meant to say.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
i figured the team will consist of
Eddie
Trail
Cunning
Pete Chen
Marcus AOB Me

that is my best guess anyway, i could be wrong... we'll see won't we. i figured eddie can pick since i nominated him the captain.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
well we could also have alternates like in the regional crew battles, this way we are all a part of it, and if one of the alternates is particularly good at w/e matchup then we could send them in.
5 main team
5 alternates

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
more like:

Eddie
Trail
Cunning
Pete Chen
Marcus

I don't think you and I can compete with Marcus for that spot. Even though he has so much trouble with my falcon, he still deserves the spot.
And why is Trail on that list anyway? He sucks!
LOL actually I haven't played him since SMYM. I guess I'll see for myself this weekend.

JBlaze1394

Smash Ace
I think AOB could take Trail's ICs. I've never seen you fight them TJ.

And AOBs Falcon > Me, all day long...everyone elses I can beat. Including Darkrain and Eddie. I guess that means AOBs Falcon > Darkrain's and Eddie's Falcons.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
Last time i played trail's IC's was at the smashfest at my house... i beat them 2 out of 3, but i dunno how good his game was that night... I think it's gonna boil down to what eddie wants on the team...

Marcus want a friendly w/ my falco and my falcon?

OO and ya of course you have a problem with AOB... cause we all know "Man I am SOOO good at this game!" comes from the drunken master... :)

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
lol tj i believe that smashfest was back in the day and i know i have played u plenty of times since then :) with devestating results to ur falco due to the cheap *** chain grabbing :p Shep monthlies, FC3 ect. :p but this is true u did beat me at ur house bAAaCkckz in the day --;

although come to think it marcus and AOB would think i suck :p havnt played them in awhile, but TJ cmon now guy :p we have played at like every tournie lol.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
good call... i forgot about FC, but really i don' think i've played them other than that. i had been playing your gannon and marth, not IC's... you did beat me at FC though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom