• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Illinois Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capps Indigo

Smash Journeyman
hey rom, im in skokie and pretty much the only smasher on the near north side. generally, when are you free to play?

rom

Smash Rookie
hey capps, generally weekends and then often evenings during the week

but i think mainly weekends are good

noonotthat

Smash Rookie
hey im new, I'm wondering where I might find some local tournys or something so I could get some more experience. PM me with any info on local smashfests and whatnot

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Greetings and Salutations <and insert more Southern Hospitality here>:

Just wanted to drop a line and introduce (some/all) of you to INNsomnia - a local tournament based just outside of Memphis, TN that has begun to spark a bit of attention. Please check the thread for the tournament, going down May 6th via the tournament calendar, or http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=69007

For those curious, Memphis is about 7 hours from Chicago if you average about 75mph.

I would enjoy meeting our distant neighbors. I hope "ya'll" can make it!

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
No. They're the guys who are (basically) as good as Michigan at Smash, but they also suck at being sexy, so they lose and we win. As usual.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
hey whose ever heard of michigan anyway?
isn't that state over on the WC somewhere?

oh well, doesn't matter i heard they only have like 2 good players and one retired. :)

viperboy_74

Smash Master
lol...

where is elk grove? by chicago i assume, like every other smasher from Illinois, but me :/ lol...

anyway, check out the basement monthlies, E=MC^4, SSA4, and FC6 for some good stuff around u...

BKrkr

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5303-3831-5621
Whats up guys. Anybody in the chicago north 'burbs? I'm in Ill Wilmette for the time being until I graduate in about a months, then I'm back to NYC. Hopefully I'll get a tournament in before I leave.

Banned via Administration
DrewB008 said:
Mancoon-My friend and I live in Barrington, we're the closest people to Elk Grove that I know of. If you wanna play sometime, PM me or talk to me on AIM at DrewB008.
lol drew u r recruiting n00bz 2 g3t pwnt in dis thred lawl?!?!111

Minty

Smash Apprentice
MaNCooN said:
Anyone planning anything around the time of ACN (Anime Convention in Chicago)? That weekend is the 5th,6th (My birhtday! :-D 21!!!) and 7th. Anyone??? Anyone??? :-/

Anyone even going to ACN?
Yea IM gonna go to ACEN =] i'll be there Sat.

no. 1 smash daddy

Smash Ace
hi everyone, I`ll be heading to Illinois soon on june of this year, so I wanted to know if any of you who live on Illinois know if they make tournaments there, the only tournaments I know are the mlg, but probaly there even more out there in Illinois.

Nightowl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
YiffyWolfen
There are some tournaments. They're all underground, but they exsist.

Don't know if there'll be any large ones in June.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
ya you're in the right section... check out E=MC^4. all the good midwest players will be there and it's in illinois. technically it's july... but it's july 1st.

where are you moving to?

no. 1 smash daddy

Smash Ace
viperboy_74 said:
ya you're in the right section... check out E=MC^4. all the good midwest players will be there and it's in illinois. technically it's july... but it's july 1st.

where are you moving to?
I`m not sure where, but I`ll be heading first on broadway and then I`m heading to some place else, I don`t remember the name of the place, but I emember I needed to take the train or subway to get there.

Banned via Administration
higuysiamfromillinoissorryaboutthetextmyspacebarbrokebutanywhoiwouldreallyliketoplaysomecompetitivemeleewithyouguysithinkthatiamprettygoodicankillalevel9computerofanycharacteralthoughitisveryhard :ohwell: butithinkthaticouldputupagoodmatchsomeonesendmeamessagegivingdirectionstotheirhousethankyoubye

DrewB008

Smash Lord
Kenosha is in Wisconsin, but is right near the border of Illinois. And Wooddale is a northwest suburb of Chicago, I believe, near Schaumburg. Correct me if I'm wrong though, I might be mixed up.

Quaz

Smash Master
uhh what about kenosha? I live there and Im looking for people to play.. if you mean kenosha as in going there to look for people to play then I'm open

if you mean Kenosha as a place in IL that you've only heard of and are not willing to go to WI.. then nevermind >_>

TeH_SeX

Smash Rookie
Yeah WoodDale is next to schaumburg and elmhurst if you guys know where they are. But um since im new and stuff I was wondering IF I go to one of your guys place and get some games in. I'd be willing to drive cuz I would really like to learn.

no. 1 smash daddy

Smash Ace
I`m not very sure if it`s kenosha, but I`ll figure that out when I get there, but if it`s on wisconsin, anyways I`ll be heading to Illinois sometime, so TEH SeX perhaps you come over to my place when I get there.

so until then, and thanks marth1 about my alias

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Hey yha...this that new breed of comp. and entertainment here!!! Well I dunno about the comp. part but yeah...LOL!!! This is Webster here aka. devildigimon. I was at ACEN this year helping run the SSBM tournament (the other black guy...bigger and darker...LOL)!!! I've never got into Smash like that for I play Tekken, Soul Calibur, and Naruto seriously. But since last year's ACEN along with this one. I'm convinced that this game has some serious depth to it and the comp. is hella intense.

So with this being said, I'm moving to IL sometime at the end of this month. I'd like to meet with some of you guys to get some games in. And possibly promote other games that I play (as mentioned earlier). If anyone is cool wit that and teaching me Smash then yha just became my hommies...LOL!!! If anyone is on myspace.com. You can hit me up too www.myspace.com/digimonemporer!!!

Hopefully I'll hear from someone soon..LOL..

Laters
-Webster :p

dj asakura

Smash Ace
well, i live in Naperville (Chi-Town Area)

i'm new here, but i'm getting back into Melee because of SSB:Brawl. re-learning/learning different people and all the advanced crap. almost got W-Dashes down today.

but yea, if there are some people around where i live that play i'd love to meet up some time and get some games in/learn some new stuff.

also, are there any tourny's goin on in the chicago area anytime soon? i'm nowhere near good enough to compete but it'd still be fun to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom