• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Illinois Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Hip2hate. I'm definitely up for some smash. I live in Marion, Illinois. Check your private messages.

Zjiin

Smash Master
I still hold wednesday night smashfests every week. Attendance is lower than usual since many people are back at school, but we still have a good 6-7 people every week. Anyoen intereseted should check back in the thread and there are mapped directions on how to get here.

~Z

Megaman1986

Smash Cadet
Calling all Illinois smashers! My friends and I are in dire need of some competition. I live on ISU campus, and have plenty of free time to play.

Recently my roommate inquired to his boss about having smash tourneys in the basement of the store (The CoffeeHouse in Normal, IL if anyone is familiar). The boss seemed to love the idea, but we have a severe shortage in players willing to consistently show up to any kind of smashfest.

I played with Hoefler a number of times last semester. He beat me consistently at that point, but playing and practicing hard for the past few months has taught me a lot.

feel free to aim me at yeggsnham

JustOwnin

Smash Apprentice
STAND ON GUARD CHICAGO SMASH BROTHERS COMMUNITY!

TREMBLE IN TERROR!

WOLLOW IN DISPAIR!!!

DROWN IN SADNESS!!!!

FOR IT IS I, JUSTOWNIN DA FINAL BOSS!

GAMERTAG: JustOwnin
NickName: JustOwnin
Purpose: JustOwnin
Results: JustOwnin

MY NAME IS A SELF FORFILLING PROPHECY OF OWNAGE! For I am JUST here to OWN you IN [insert game/medium/activity/noun/verb/yamama here]!

For you must understand that I am not a man but OWNAGE INCARNATE! It is not blood that pumps through my viens but OWNAGE! Not skin and bone that define my structure but OWNAGE! Not a nervous system that nor brain as the place of my consciousness but pure and utter OWNAGE! OWNAGE being a unit within itself, not being constructed of atoms and energy. Nay, at base their are two things in this universe, atoms, and OWNAGE! Existing everywhere yet no where at the same time I choose to personify myself in the state that I am now.

OWNAGE IS A CONCEPT THAT MANIFESTS ITSELF THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE such as death, destiny, and eternity. That means. . .

I AM the eagle that catches the prey!

I am FINAL finishing blow that renders this kn3wb unconscious!

I am the gun that hold this kitten at bay! The bullet that ripped through his frail body seconds later!

I am the fire that engulfs that mans mortality! The pain that surges through his whole entire body as it occurs! And not only that, I am whatever the hell broke his legs and left him permenately crippled years before!

I AM the rope that subdues her mortal flesh AND the **** that later on that day knocked down the walls of her vessel as if they were made of cardboard and thrusted with the might of the GODS!!!

I AM the FINAL ****ING CONNECT FOUR PIECE THAT ENDS THIS GAME AND OWNZ THIS KN3WB!!!

But beyond the NickName, Purpose, and Results exists the title given to me by the hands of FATE itself THE FINAL BOSS IN THE GAME OF LIFE! I am the reason you are playing this game. The reason you've learned every strategy, battled every battle. I am the FINAL character to unlock with the question mark over his head that you cannot pick. I am the reason all strats were created. I AM[B/] the OWNER of the mere glove in which it took ALL YOUR MIGHT to defeat! Indeed, I am your last and FINAL TEST!

And with only ONE LIFE to live and NO CONTINUES

CAN YOU DEFEAT THE FINAL BOSS IN THE GAME OF LIFE?!
None have ever seen the credits, only the gameover screen.

And I have COME TO OWN YOU ALL IN SMASH BROTHERS!

Before you have merely faced my glove. The hand that does what the mouth commands and only one word is ever spoken OWNAGE! But now you face the full body of OWNAGE at it's 100% power!

LOCATION: EVERYWHERE YET NOWHERE but this personified form speaks from

Chicago Illnois
Southside
98th and South Hoxie

So now the question becomes. . .

WHO WANTS TO GET OWNED?!

1.) Put you feelings in a safe place so they won't get hurt.
2.) SIgn up for rehab class "life after OWNAGE." Sign up quick. . . classes fill up FAST!
3.) Prepare a place on your wall for the certificate of OWNAGE that will be mailed to you shortly right after your OWNAGE!
3.) PREPARE TO BE OWNED!

The above has been a message from the FINAL BOSS in the game of LIFE!

JustOwnin

Smash Apprentice
Then name the place, name the time. I am a PERSONIFYING FORCE OF EXISTANCE! I'll travel anywhere.

I CHALLENGE THE WHOLE ENTIRE CHICAGO SMASH BROTHERS COMMUNITY TO 1 DOLLAR 3 OUT OF FIVE GAME 4 STOCK MONEY MATCHES!!!

Who dares accept my challenge?

Then name the place, name the time. I am a PERSONIFYING FORCE OF EXISTANCE! I'll travel anywhere.

I CHALLENGE THE WHOLE ENTIRE CHICAGO SMASH BROTHERS COMMUNITY TO 1 DOLLAR 3 OUT OF FIVE GAME 4 STOCK MONEY MATCHES!!!

Who dares accept my challenge?
can we make it $20 and best of 3?

JustOwnin

Smash Apprentice
Like I tell all the kn3wbz that I OWN.

I may be the greatest most powerful being to take the form of man, but I am not rich.

A ***** got pay for gas.

But rejoice for your insignificance will join something much greater than you are! You will become another name on the LONG LIST of kn3wbz who have been OWNED by JustOwnin. For I donot kick but and takes name, but OWN KN3WBZ and right up DEEDS of OWNERSHIP so that I hcan have legal DOCUMENTATION of my OWNAGE!!!

JustOwnin

Smash Apprentice
Other games JustOwnin will OWN you in:

DEAD OR ALIVE
Soul Calibur 3
Tekken 5
LIFE[

"For our lord JustOwnin is so GREAT that when he farts a baby seal dies." - The book of OWNAGE OWNed Chapter OWNED verse.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I like that first post of yours. It looks like quite a bit of work went into it. Bravo!

JustOwnin

Smash Apprentice
So how doe sthe chicago smash brothers community operate? Does it meet every saturday or friday night at a particular place and time like the street fighter and tekkens? Or has the age of the game dwindled the resolve of chicago smashers putting an end ot the existance of weekly gathering and having them occur at any rinky dink time.

I warn thee. IT will take everything you are, everything that you will ever be to even stand a chance against defeating I, OWNAGE PERSONIFIED! I who's powre is so great that I move moutains with mere forward smashes, end wars with mere dtilts!

So how doe sthe chicago smash brothers community operate? Does it meet every saturday or friday night at a particular place and time like the street fighter and tekkens? Or has the age of the game dwindled the resolve of chicago smashers putting an end ot the existance of weekly gathering and having them occur at any rinky dink time.

I warn thee. IT will take everything you are, everything that you will ever be to even stand a chance against defeating I, OWNAGE PERSONIFIED! I who's powre is so great that I move moutains with mere forward smashes, end wars with mere dtilts!
why does that sound like a roy player?

JustOwnin

Smash Apprentice
To have confidence in yourself to believe that you can defeat I, that which terminates more effectively than even the governator himself! To believe that you could choke what DOES NOT breathe, to ice skate up hill is foolish but part of human confidenc.e As such it is accepted. But to believe that JustOwnin is a mere scrub is the way of the FOOL! For if JustOwnin is mere scrub then UP is DOWN, DAY is NIGHT! It is not the sunthat illuminates with rays of light but the darkness and iti s not the shadows that hides and covets but the light! Indeed, the very definition of such words must be redefined as a connatation of greatness for me to be mere scrub!

I am no kn3wb who owns his locals and through victory's egotism foolishness is born to challenge high level players of the game! I suffer NOT from big fish and small pond syndrome! Like the countless running joke that occurs in every fighting game community ever. Random scrub talks mess and gets OWNED by real players. This is not the scenerio that will play out.
No illusions of grandejour what you read now is not egotism but JUSTIFIED CONFIDENCE!

Confuse me not with mere Scrub Mr. Jones Jr. For I am well versed in ALL the smash brothers techniques and philosophies that govern high level play. Even those that govern GOD LEVEL play, a level that you will first see when you face me!

Furthermore I am heralded as the GREATEST dead or alive player in america! A visit to doacentral.com will quelch the poisonous waters of disbelief from your system! But the DOA community has been OWN3D up. Indeed, their has been no crevice, no cave, no junction, or dead end left unOWN3D leaving my job complete and for me to move on to a new community. And I have deicded to OWN this one.

I suggest you sign up for those rehab classes Mr. Jones. . . you're gonna need them.

To have confidence in yourself to believe that you can defeat I, that which terminates more effectively than even the governator himself! To believe that you could choke what DOES NOT breathe, to ice skate up hill is foolish but part of human confidenc.e As such it is accepted. But to believe that JustOwnin is a mere scrub is the way of the FOOL! For if JustOwnin is mere scrub then UP is DOWN, DAY is NIGHT! It is not the sunthat illuminates with rays of light but the darkness and iti s not the shadows that hides and covets but the light! Indeed, the very definition of such words must be redefined as a connatation of greatness for me to be mere scrub!

I am no kn3wb who owns ihs locals and through victory egotism and foolishness is born to challenge high level players of the game! I suffer NOT from big fish and small pond syndrome! Like the countless running joke that occurs in every fighting game community ever. Random scrub talks mess and gets OWNED by real players. This is not the scenerio that will play out.
No illusions of grandejour what you read now is not egotism but JUSTIFIED CONFIDENCE!

Confuse me not with mere Scrub Mr. Jones Jr. For I am well versed in ALL the smash brothers techniques and philosophies that govern high level play. Even those that govern GOD LEVEL play, a level that you will first see when you face me!

Furthermore I am heralded as the GREATEST dead or alive player in america! A visit to doacentral.com will quelch the poisonous waters of disbelief from your system! But the DOA community has been OWN3D up. Indeed, their has been no crevice, no cave, no junction, or dead end left unOWN3D leaving my job complete and for me to move on to a new community. And I have deicded to OWN this one.

I suggest you sign up for those rehab classes Mr. Jones. . . you're gonna need them.
lol this match is gonna be too good.

Zjiin

Smash Master

Wednesdays. We have smash, Soul caliber, and DOA. Bring your money.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=97484

JustOwnin

Smash Apprentice
No saturday friday or sunday? I got finals next week . Got spend my time OWNIN DeVry University instead of random kn3wbz.

Furtrhermore yoru avator said south side so I thought you'd be close as hell to me. But mapquest says I'm

21.35 miles and 38 minutes away from you ma. IF your from Paros hills, why do you have chicago in yo avator.

*sighs* It seems I'm gonna hve to treck quite far to OWN these kn3wbz.

Very well, it matters not.

What DEAD OR ALIVE do you play Djin? 4, 3.1, 2U? It matters not, OWNAGE will be the ultimate result.

Furthermore, would it be a requirement for me to bring suhc things as a T.V., the game, or the system?

Furthermore my Wii prowess is unmatched. I will also accept money matches in that game as we..

Zjiin

Smash Master
*No saturday or Friday, those are my going out and not playing games nights....usually.

*I moved from my southside chicago house to palos hills, and never changed it.

*We have several setups here, so all you need is money.

"Furthermore," If you do happen to actually own something other than stamina and patience for making posts, i will gladly spread the word. Otherwise, your money is going towards my electric bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom