• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Illinois Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Samus

Smash Rookie
hey, me and my friend are smashers from IL. though he's more into the 64 version than anything. i do both. anywho just stopped in to see if any tournaments were being held around here.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
i'm not really sure when my next tourney is gonna be. probably the state crew battles in march or april or febuary... i might hold one inlike december but i haven't decided on that yet. The last one only brought 30 ppl... i was a little disappointed...would anyone want to come to another viperboy held tourney?

viperboy_74

Smash Master
i thnk i'm gonna hold a small tourney at my moms house in paris in a few weeks... i will put up a thread, but i probably won't expect more than 20 peoople... sort of like a monthly. we probably won't have more than 5 set-ups and the noobs that keep posting about any local tourneys might come cuz they are 3 hours closer to me than you... i want team shep and stuff there... this has to be the final showdown between IL and IN....

if champaignians show up = chen, marcus, AOB
if chicagoians show up - trail, cunning, capps, eddie, eduardo, edgar?
if shep shows up too - tink, bigC, ryan?, joe?, nate?
if the ACians show up = AC
the noobs - nessticle, hyol, razor, terry, ultimate loser

not too bad for a little monthly... would u guys wanna come? we will probably start about 1 o'clock... 'im guess like 2 weeks? like 1 or 2 weeks before the shep monthly?

viperboy_74

Smash Master
pretty decent chance it will be in Paris, IL on Saturday the 17th, as a warm up for those going to SMYM. if it goes through, i'll make a thread on it... i will know for sure tomorrow.

Capps Indigo

Smash Journeyman
pokerjoker23, theres a big tourney in champaign, il a couple week from now. its called SMYM 4 (aka Show Me Your Moves)

there will be another monthly tourney in hammond, in oct.

and there will be large tourney somewhere in downtown chicago in [edit: december] hosted by MLG

_marth1_

Smash Lord
hmm

beunhaas said:
marth1 is very good with falcon, he's from illinois 2 :p
if you saw me at marcus' smashfest then I don't know why you said that, I was really bad then

and if you didn't see me at that time, then I have no clue what you are talking about

PS, I beat JoeBushman a few times >_> can't touch his ganon though

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Ugh, why are only Michigan people posting in this room??? Where's everyone else at?

viperboy_74

Smash Master
ya thats a good point... i'm sick of no one posting in our threads... the hammond monthly... the charleston monthly (if anyone wants to do it), and this thread... can we start using this thread for discussion on the IL crew battle teams???

Tink

Smash Hero
IL is done. its been proven at all the other tournies and at smym, it will be the last crew battle to decide it all.

and on a side not, cunning, me and trail are taking out dope and vidjo in the 50$ MM crew match thingy.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Wait now tink. IL beat IN at that last smashfest right? And without Eddie even?
Man you guys suck.

I think the reason IL won was because I wasn't on the team.

I'm taking requests for who I should play at SMYM. You have 26 characters to choose from.

Krazy

Smash Journeyman
I vote myself as a part of the Illinois team!

Don't think i should be in? Come play me. I've gotten much better since my last few tournaments.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Oooh sorry, I didn't check this thread again before the tourney.

Capps you win, because I did use falco and young link (among others). Marcus, uhm, you lose.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
My GW is terrible, but I have been trying to make him good.

At the tourney I used Jiggly, Ganon, young link, falco, CF. How's that for master of diversity?

(lol master of sucking with multiple characters)

I would have used DK against Kate but she wouldn't ditto me so I went jiggly and young link.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
ya... even team number two is lookin good... we have 4 garuntees and 3 ppl will have to battle it out for the last place... that is between krazy, ike, and capps indigo... ike is playin sheik now t hough.

Barogrei

Smash Apprentice
mmm... i'd like to try out for the Illinois team. Maybe if enough people come to my smashfest this sunday i could get an assessment. I dunno if we're supposed to advertise other smashfests or tournaments in the illinois thread, but whatever.

Barogrei

Smash Apprentice
708 Oakwood Dr. , Westmont. The thread is called smashfest in suburb near chicago, or something like that, and it's in the midwest board. For more info, talk to me on aim ( sn = "Barogrei")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom