• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Illinois Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
What do you guys know about MLG this year in Chicago? A bunch of guys and I want to go, but we havn't heard much about it at all.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
i would love to, but i am having a party at my apartment this weekend... i was actually about to PM you and andy to see if u wanted to come... were having a rave. i have 3 strobe lights, 4 black lights, about 20 glow sticks, lots of techno on the computer, and about to make some jello shots... all three of you are very welcome.

pynnokyr300

Smash Rookie
Im in Illinois too im just now attempting to get myself in on some awesome tournaments. IO may be a noob to the tournament idea but i do know im a great player. I may not be up to par with some of the people on here who do in fact go to torunaments (obviously cuz ive never been) but i would love to see how well i would math up against someone tho. Im in the illinois area in the burbs and would love to get hooked up in some tournament play. Please send me an e-mail to pynnokyr300@aol.com or im me at pynnokyr300 and let me know what all does go on in the illinois area or what could be going on. Greatly appreciate it in advance. GREG

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
viperboy_74 said:
i would love to, but i am having a party at my apartment this weekend... i was actually about to PM you and andy to see if u wanted to come... were having a rave. i have 3 strobe lights, 4 black lights, about 20 glow sticks, lots of techno on the computer, and about to make some jello shots... all three of you are very welcome.
...you're having a rave? And I cant go?

viperboy_74

Smash Master
lol i had to postpone my rave due to the fact that half of my town heard about it and like 80 people had plans on going, so if u really wanna make the venture down here when i do have it, your welcome to.

pynnokyr300 - your in luck. there is a lot of very talented players in your area. Check out the Champaign Smashfest... it's the next big thing were doing. We usually do something once a month in hammond Indiana too...

Spyder

Smash Rookie
Anyone around the Bloomington area that would want to get together anytime?

Spyder

Smash Rookie
Well, since no one seems to care about Bloomington, I'll ask another question; how is Illinois team decided?

Capps Indigo

Smash Journeyman
spyder.. there are ppl in champaign (jblaze & aob.... and chen and nickb) if youre willing to travel (its only 45 min)

as for illinois team.. final say prolly goes to eddie, but feel free to give us your opinion

Spyder

Smash Rookie
Well, I planned on going to the smashfest in Champaign next weekend, but I was hoping there might be someone closer, or at least in a city that I travel to more often, that would be willing to play, hopefully before the smashfest. As for the team thing, I was wondering more along the lines of when/where/how are the members of the team chosen? And I'd like to thank everyone for putting up with my newness and not flaming me :).

JBlaze1394

Smash Ace
It was basically chosen by popular consensus of who should be on the team, then confirmed by Eddie. The consensus was based mainly on skill and, to a lesser extent, variety of characters on the team.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

And there are two Illinois teams, I believe: first team and second team.

GDIT

Smash Cadet
THIS IS VIPERBOY!!!

correct marcus. i believe that the teams are as followed. We picked accourding to skill and what character you used.... like one has a G. Dorf, Fox, IC's, Sheik, and Marth... Two has 2 falco's, a Young Link, a Marth, and a Samus...

team 1 -
Eddie
Cunning
Trail
Marcus
Eduardo

Team 2 -
Nick B
AOB
Myself
Chen
Edgar maybe

AOB - i guess u can look at it like that. But had i been doing 55 when i stuck the big bas**rd, ut wouldn't have been pretty.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Team 2 -
Nick B?
AOB
TJ
Chen?
Capps

I dunno of Chen and Nick are gonna join this though. Chen smokes all the time and Nick plays WOW. I haven't seen Edgar in ages, I don't think his name belongs up there.
And unlike TJ, I would never forget you Capps.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
chen, edgar, and nick all agreed to it... i guess it doesn't mean they will do it though.

if they don't do it we still have good ol' capps... and what about that angelo bangelo guy?
i dunno... maybe revise it to

TJ
AOB
Capps
Chen?
NickB?
Edgar?
Angelo?

Capps Indigo

Smash Journeyman
tj.. just stop posting these lists.. i mean, has anyone ever seen angelo even play?

i have much love for my champaign comrades

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
You know how much TJ loves posting his lists.
He even posted a charades team... haha! Silly TJ.

GDIT

Smash Cadet
THIS IS VIPERBOY!!!!

ouch capps... sorry man i just like lists...

ya im' watchin killaor too...

GDIT

Smash Cadet
hey not too sure where that is, but check out the Champaign Smashfest... it's the next best Illinois thing.

GDIT

Smash Cadet
nah, it's not that big... just scroll down a bit in the midwest section... there is a thread on it somewhere around this one. It says "Champaign....

Pete Chen

Smash Apprentice
So..... What tournaments are coming up for the Midwest? Someone post 'em so I don't have to read through threads plz? ^^ I'm so lazy...

viperboy_74

Smash Master
uh white 3 just got post poned i think... looks like bigcs on the 14th and my tourney on Feb 11th... both should be too good... wanna carpool to bigc's on the 14th?

BigGman

Smash Journeyman
i live in orland park. i live about 159th and wolf road. i'm always looking for people to play, so if you want to play, pm me.

Nightowl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
YiffyWolfen
I'm out here in Flossmoor, so I know here you're at. You should come to the tournament this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom