• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ill Keep U guys Updated on Brawl Puff Mango << He won Pound ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Thanks Mango, I'll make a point of following your advice.

Also, I used to wear the crowned Jigglypuff, but when I saw you play, I decided my Jiggs was no prince. He is a pauper--hence the nudity.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
The only problem I probably have with Jiggs is Marfs. I can't deal with Marf.

I can't deal with Peach, but I'll take out ma falcon for that.

So is facing a Marf just spacing or should I try to get inside of him?

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
pretty much, but then again, you would know all about that, wouldn't you. so you don't need me to tell you i spammed.
I spammed the month i joined the forumas, the key words "no more" also mean i forgot what it's like to spam, and don't know all about that

you could try pound approaches, but then again, i can't advise you darc.

Xanskarr

Smash Lord
Pound approaches won't work. If the marth has good spacing, or knows timing of the forward smash, he could easily **** the pound with his disjointed hitbox.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Darc-
Yea pounds dont work to good against marth
To answer u question quick..

This match is all about spacing and waiting for that one second 2 go in.
Once ur in.. go crazy

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
Yeah, I'm talking about mootookang type marfs. I had problems with husband the other day and I have lost to cactuar before.

Edit: I see Mango.

I've got the right idea then. I just have to get better at it I guess.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Pound approaches won't work. If the marth has good spacing, or knows timing of the forward smash, he could easily **** the pound with his disjointed hitbox.
I gave that advice from jiggs vs other ppl not just marth, this jiggs here uses pound very well. Mango, I'll show you his vids when he gets recorded.

And, is it possible to sing edge stall in all invincibility, like the firefox stall can be?

ThatOneDudeski

Smash Ace
u can inf invince sing stall..u just wont be able to put ne thing to sleep..nd u risk getting edgehogged =P

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"im 5'6"..shes half that..hmm perfect size"

Sliq

Smash Master

I can't deal with Peach, but I'll take out ma falcon for that.

So is facing a Marf just spacing or should I try to get inside of him?
Full jump bair when he is on the ground. If you miss, you go above f-smash range.

Wait for him to do aerials and hit him inbetween them or as he lands. If he stays on the ground a lot, just full hop bair, and then wait and see what he does. If he comes after you you can move away and hit him during end lag, but if he keeps DD you can FF a bair at him.

Protoguy

Smash Cadet
I have recently decided to take Jiggs up as a secondary, and I am in need of advice.

Are there any matches of yours (or any other Jiggs...) that I can watch to learn some of the basic tricks? I would especialy like to learn how to combo into rest better...

Samus is the the main person that I will be going against if that helps at all.

Thanks in advance.

brawlpro

Smash Master

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Shadow- SOrry man dont no how 2 fight those characters..

ANYONE KNOW HOW 2 FIGHT DOC .. OR REGULAR MARIO
IF SO POST HERE...

Say what pugfug

Chronosquare.. lol not 4 happy puffs =(

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Chronosquare.. lol not 4 happy puffs =(
In all fairness... it would be 3.5 if possible... the ONLY reason it's not 4 is because even though you give good advice, it's not always very descriptive nor that accurate... (I'm comparing to ChozenOne... he was my last Jiggly mentor... and NICELY verbose in his advice...)

...that, and the fact that I don't have a 4 jiggly taunt snapshot is why I can't give anything a 4 rating... can't have 4 jigglies human controlled in camera mode...

P.S. Verbose isn't quite how I would describe ChozenOne's way of talking (on smashboards)... but it's the closest word I can think of for describing it anyways.

Kaizer

Smash Journeyman
I play against a Doc a lot.

I usually WoP him + N+airs to rack up damage, and end his life with N+air to F+smash. Remember to space well. There is not many restcombos you could safely use against Doc, since he can get out of a U+tilt rest pretty easily. Forward N+air to rest works on early precentages, but can be risky.

If you miss a rest, Doc can punish you very well. Hes cape does not wake you up + it deals a lot of damage. If your over 30%-ish, your practically dead if you've missed a rest.

Watch out for their smashes. Jab D+smash can be dangerous. And random F+smashes ofcourse x_X.

Their recovery is easy to edgeguard. Just go out and fair/bair them out of reach.

Matsu18p

Smash Apprentice
I play against a Doc a lot.

I usually WoP him + N+airs to rack up damage, and end his life with N+air to F+smash. Remember to space well. There is not many restcombos you could safely use against Doc, since he can get out of a U+tilt rest pretty easily. Forward N+air to rest works on early precentages, but can be risky.

If you miss a rest, Doc can punish you very well. Hes cape does not wake you up + it deals a lot of damage. If your over 30%-ish, your practically dead if you've missed a rest.

Watch out for their smashes. Jab D+smash can be dangerous. And random F+smashes ofcourse x_X.

Their recovery is easy to edgeguard. Just go out and fair/bair them out of reach.
Nair through the pill spammage!!

[this is ThatOneDudeski]

Kaizer

Smash Journeyman
I think that wellspaced bairs and fairs works better ;) But if you want to stop the pill + attack at the same time, it could work, but it's a easy shieldgrab for Doc.

Kaizer

Smash Journeyman
Nooo, to the Alaska-guy ;)

But about getting gimpy kills @ Fox' revovery: Dair them if you don't reach them before the firefox goes upwards (yay, good explonation), fair them otherwise. Don't Nair, since it lasts too long. Bair works fine, but it's harder to pull of than fair, and they go kinda upwards, not downwards.

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
I like, try to gimp fox's recovery, but like, his flames like, get me, so i like, don't gimp, i like need, help.
For fox's firefox recovery (assuming he's recovering from below) there are a few options:

1- The best way I've found is a well placed fair. Sweetspotting the fair won't get too many results, because the firefox will trump your sweetspot most of the time. Instead, just before he's about to start his movement back to the stage, fair in his trajectory then DI back/up for a light fair hit. The hitbox on your fair outranges his firefox hitboxes.

2- If you're going at him while he's still charging, the flames from from the bottom -> up, so aim appropriately.

3- Jump-dair stops either of his recoveries.

Hope I could be of some help, fox is such a pain to get offstage that, losing the "gimping window" always sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom