• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ill Keep U guys Updated on Brawl Puff Mango << He won Pound ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Why is fair better than bair (in many cases)? I mean, common conjecture before mango came aboard was that fair was terrible.
Well fair ***** just because...
Its ezier to spam against most characters...
Like a campy fox.. when he trys 2 get by ... U ll make a wall of fairs and he will get him by one..
Like the bair... it only hits when her foot is out..
The fair.. as long as her feet are out. it hits.. which makes it easier to spam in most cases...

And jtb stop spamming

Zro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4356-1415-1117
well first i would like to say HI MANGO ^_^ lol lovin the goofy lol.....kingdom hearts......

ok now 2 my problem >.> well i cant seem to beat my friend's marth...well i have problems with marth in general.... like my friend has great spacing and he mindgames me very well with his grabs...... i read that i should use uair often...havent started usin this yet..... but besides using uair more... wat else do you think i should do? this question isnt only directed to mango...if any1 has advice.. its greatly appreciated ^_^

EDIT: me and my friend blackanese used 2 b called team mango b4 we knew about u lol .... we got 3rd place that tournament...greatness perhaps? lol

Kaizer

Smash Journeyman
Marth can be very hard. Spacing is very important here. It can be very dificult to hit him, because of his ridiculous long range. But when you have hit him, you can combo him very easy. Wall of Pain can also be effective, though a good Marth can punish you for spaming it. F+air is also very good against Marth, but remember the spacing!

N+air is too good, too! N+air to F+smash or rest (reverse works around 20%-ish to 40%-ish, normal works on early precents obviously).

If he grabs you alot, here's a simple solution for you: Duck and rest :]

Zro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4356-1415-1117
Marth can be very hard. Spacing is very important here. It can be very dificult to hit him, because of his ridiculous long range. But when you have hit him, you can combo him very easy. Wall of Pain can also be effective, though a good Marth can punish you for spaming it. F+air is also very good against Marth, but remember the spacing!

N+air is too good, too! N+air to F+smash or rest (reverse works around 20%-ish to 40%-ish, normal works on early precents obviously).

If he grabs you alot, here's a simple solution for you: Duck and rest :]
is fair spamming really that good? like i thought since the hitbox is smaller than his (yes thats rite my puff is a man ****it >.<) bair, that it would b harder 2 space....also the ducking only works sometimes with him....he has a habit of down tilting me than grabing.... so im still in hit stun.... i guess i feel very limited with my puff even tho i have oodles of fun wih him

MaNg0

Smash Hero
The best thing to do against marth..
Is just shield and fair...
And space fine

AND BE PATIENT DAMIT!!
and u air does ****

and team mango ***** 2 =D

Zro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4356-1415-1117
The best thing to do against marth..
Is just shield and fair...
And space fine

AND BE PATIENT DAMIT!!
and u air does ****

and team mango ***** 2 =D
lol deffinately.... well since i kinda got u online lol how would you fight a super spammy y. link

MaNg0

Smash Hero
lol alot of people ask me that..

i have no idea.. lol

Wait for Dr.Hyde to be online.. hell tell u.. or someone will

ive never fought a y link =D

Zro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4356-1415-1117
lol alot of people ask me that..

i have no idea.. lol

Wait for Dr.Hyde to be online.. hell tell u.. or someone will

ive never fought a y link =D
lol dude trust me u dont want 2....super annoying....like omg man... i rather just use fox cus... wit the puff.....its torture lol

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Thank u gimpy..

Lol

Dont spam people..

Just ask.. mango why are u so good or something =D

lolomgwtfbbq

Smash Apprentice
Hmm.. I found out how to make the box tag on youtube. Just a heads-up for like the 100 people that are still crying at night cuz they can't produce it.
Back on topic. Since I REALLY don't wanna scroll through 600 posts which sounds reasonable enough for me. :p
What do you suggest for Jiggs dittos I can't really get a rest on them easily unless they suck and can't DI or anything.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Lol ima tell u what i tell everyone else..

tell the puff player lets go secondaries.. or random charaters and most of them understand

Pointman Rob

Smash Journeyman
I like the Jiggs ditto D:

its a war of attrition. Its a bit more of a grounded fight (don't be 'afraid' to get in the air though), crouch cancel aerials and punish with Fsmashes and Upsmashes. Resting them is like resting yourself. Unless you're certain to get the Star KO, don't do it. well, i shouldn't say that. I highly discourage you from doing it.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
I knew it... I was telling my friends to either not record the free for alls at a smashfest today/yesterday, or to at least stop it between matches to save recording space instead of running the camera continuously... because of that, there were hardly any 1 v 1 matches recorded, including my awesome almost Mango Surprise match.

I was up 3 stock to 1, with some nice & crazy **** that I would've loved to have recorded (FINALLY did an honest-to-god Pound to Rest combo), and I kept trying to get that last rest to make it a Mango Surprise... but lol I tried too hard and got taken down two stock and had to do it the old-fashioned back air edgeguarding way... stupid sheik :p

Yeah, the FFA's = ****. Most of the teams matches we did as well (Except for that one where somehow we ended up winning, with only taking 2 stock from them... but of course that didn't get recorded either.) At least I got on film a triple-rest, and potentially a triple-sing (accident lol got two of 'em then got screechied by Luigi XD).... lol

I'll ask actual questions later when I'm not so tierd... like on Tuesday, lol

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
What makes Brinstar a good Jigglypuff-stage?
The fact That Brinstar, the one that rotates I assume, is good is the opponent can't sweetspot the edge. That said it makes for an easy kill or makes it easy to WoP someone to their death.

I need help. How do I beat the different Links with Jiggslypuff?
I love the Link match up. (^_^) The first thing to know is that Nair will beat anything but Bombs.
Those you need to catch. Second is if Link starts to spam the Fair and Nair of his own, shield and then Up smash, that can give you a nice combo set up. Finally be aware of what Link is up to. Predict where he is going to roll, if he is going to try and grab or UP+B. Because he misses the UP+B or throw, Rest him. Just my thoughts.

Kaizer

Smash Journeyman
The fact That Brinstar, the one that rotates I assume, is good is the opponent can't sweetspot the edge. That said it makes for an easy kill or makes it easy to WoP someone to their death.
Not that one x_X The other one. That Brinstar-stage is banned, I think.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
LOL!~~~~
the one that rotates is tooo good lol

Brimstar is a very good level...
for the little reason tho..
1.U can separate the stage with one dair ( meaning people will fall through )
2.Lava doest combo u ( taking spacies here the lava combos them like 80 percen haha ^_^ )
3.Hard for opponets 2 sweetspot
4.If oppents gets hit by lava.. U can rest

i like this level over mute city .. for some reason

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
LOL!~~~~
the one that rotates is tooo good lol

Brimstar is a very good level...
for the little reason tho..
1.U can separate the stage with one dair ( meaning people will fall through )
2.Lava doest combo u ( taking spacies here the lava combos them like 80 percen haha ^_^ )
3.Hard for opponets 2 sweetspot
4.If oppents gets hit by lava.. U can rest

i like this level over mute city .. for some reason
and even if you happen to miss rest somehow on a guy being comboed by lava, the lava will wake u up

it's a lovely stage

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
So, Brinstar is a good Jiggs counterpick?

I gotta check it out sometime...

TropicalTaco

Smash Journeyman
Mango some small simple jiggly puff questiosn

I downthrow my shiek friends into rest, does this always work? or are they newb and don't know how to DI or something?

And if you can DI it how? So my friends stop getting pwned by it.

Do you ever use roll out(Nuetral B) for anything? I can't think of a single use for it since it's so easy to knock jiggly puff out of it.

Oh yea, what do you think of Link vs Jiggs? My friend thinks It's a even match up. Just curious on your take.

Also what about Zelda(as Zelda) vs Jiggs? Just curious, I main Zelda/Marth/Jiggs/Shiek Working on Fox/falco/Captain falcon. I don't have any jiggs friends to play, but when I picture it in my head I see jiggs getting owned. I know this is a uncommon matchup but if you ever had experience with it anyways I'd like to hear how it went.

Thanks for your answers in advanced.

EDit: this is Zone.

Kaizer

Smash Journeyman
Downthrow to rest on Sheik is very easy to DI. Just DI to the side, and the sheik will get away from the rest danger. It's also one of the easiest throw to DI in the whole game, since Jiggz is using like 5 seconds to do whatever she does before your foe goes up >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom