• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ill Keep U guys Updated on Brawl Puff Mango << He won Pound ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaizer

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, I have big time problems with Falco. I just get combo'ed all the time x_X I always get hit by a laser to wtfcombos. I get no grabs whatsoever, and shieldgrab is impossible because of the doubleshine/shine-rapeness.

Any tips to that matchup? Against a technical Falco :) I don't have big problems against Fox, Falco is my hardest matchup actually. Yes, when hes of the stage, it's a kill. But it's freakin' hard to get him there :(

Sooo, tips?

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
kaizer, thanks for the help on doc. unfortunately i dont have much falco info in return lol. i try to be really offensive and jump away from the lasers. its almost impossible to grab so i have some trouble with that matchup too :/

MaNg0

Smash Hero
GOOD STUFF

Well people.. im starting 2 c alot of puff players do bad agaisnt falco..
dont no why
Ive gotten good at the match over time..
But like i said.. Most falcos wont go falco they would go fox

But ive tryed this new thing on spacies..that has gotten me succes
PREPARED 2 BE AMAZED

OK

FULL HOP NAIR

ya ya.. trust me.. try this on spacies... soooo goood..
Espcially falco...
Like there lasering..
Just full hop nair over laser
U hit them.. u can grab or whatever

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
GOOD STUFF

Well people.. im starting 2 c alot of puff players do bad agaisnt falco..
dont no why
Ive gotten good at the match over time..
But like i said.. Most falcos wont go falco they would go fox

But ive tryed this new thing on spacies..that has gotten me succes
PREPARED 2 BE AMAZED

OK

FULL HOP NAIR

ya ya.. trust me.. try this on spacies... soooo goood..
Espcially falco...
Like there lasering..
Just full hop nair over laser
U hit them.. u can grab or whatever
I think Puffs are starting to do bad vs. Falcos, because no one expects it. There's been a HUUUUGE downfall of Falco... people left and right are giving him up for other characters like Fox and Marth... with no one playing Falco any more, no one gets practice in vs. him, and so when you meet someone who DOES use Falco, people are then nowhere near as well-prepared for a Falco match compared to, say, a Puff v. Fox or Puff v. Marth match.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Thats true chrono..
People are realizng falco gets gimped 2 much lol

NEW AIM
PrrettyMango69

AND PC GAVE ME THE IDEA

I DIDNT STEAL IT LOL

Kaizer

Smash Journeyman
Full hop nair... Sounds cool, will try it when I face some crazy techical Falco :)

Oh, and love your new AIM, Mango. You're so pretty!!

chef-hado

Smash Cadet
i haven't played a good falco in a while, but when i use puff against falco i usually try to get as close as i can and just bair or fair spam. they can't laser half as much when you're really up close, but i guess you still hafta watch out for the pillaring. as i've said, the falco i played wasn't the best i know, so i'm not sure on the matchup

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Okay, I have a quick problem that needs fixing.

Sheik and her needles: How to I get past them, and would it be easier to let the Sheik come to me, or vice versa...?

Sliq

Smash Master
Okay, I have a quick problem that needs fixing.

Sheik and her needles: How to I get past them, and would it be easier to let the Sheik come to me, or vice versa...?
When Sheik jumps to throw needles, just jump with her. She throws them at a downward diagonal angle, so be above them. On the ground, just duck them. If the Sheik isn't hitting you with the needles, then she isn't going to needle camp. Despite the fact that they aren't getting hit, they aren't hitting you either, and will eventually rush you.

Sliq

Smash Master
That might work with your broken character, but us Jiggly players need mindgames.

Binx

Smash Master
So good approaches vs Falcon? I was woping the face out of him and then he just started predicting me and kneeing my face in and I am not sure how to mix it up, also I couldnt seem to get any grabs to get him off the stage, I don't generally play jiggs but I really want to learn her for teamsies and for a falcon counter since a ton of people use falcon and Jiggs gimps him like no other, retreating nairs kept him off me but he was really patient, is there a way to put pressure on him while be relatively safe? Thanks.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
PuffBall64- Just sit at the ledge.. let that ***** come 2 u

PATIENCE!!!

Binx- Well falcon is really hard... i hate him
Theres acutally no good way 2 approach..
But nair is a start.. just because.. he cant do much 2 it..
or just run up 2 him and sheild.. and wait for that moment 2 attack.
Just sheild alot.. but not 2 much
Grabs are really good 2.. up throw.. comboooos

ThatOneDudeski

Smash Ace
i know that.. but you counter with falco..so i was trying to say something to the effect of "why would u counter pick with falcon when u could with falco..on that one stage..that u **** me at.."

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I **** Falcos.

Socal can attest to that.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
HE has a point..
hes beaten every falco in socal except mines

NEXt time i Play U jtb im going falco.. and end ur streak

MaNg0

Smash Hero
WOW never heard of the amazing puff player mango

One day.. I shall send u videos

ShumPenPo

Smash Apprentice
hey, i was wondering. do you lightshield or is that bad because it might ruin your spacing for a "MangoRape" :p

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Hmmm
I like never light shield..
DOnt think its good
That makes two of us.

So, to clarify, vs. the better half of Sheik players, it'd be best for me to hang back at the ledge and play ledge games with them?

Also, one more: fair-ing a Peach off the level (with the late part of the fair btw). Is it better than bair-ing her off the level at higher percentages?

As for Peach as a whole, is it a good idea to shffl an aerial and land next to her? I assume no because, I don't know if I'm just slow, but her d-smash nails be every time.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
As for Peach as a whole, is it a good idea to shffl an aerial and land next to her? I assume no because, I don't know if I'm just slow, but her d-smash nails be every time.

yea you should use shffl attacks. i dont know if doing a shffl to f smash is good against her if thats what you meant. she gets knocked back pretty far (maybe at low percent you can use it well though) but the down smash is very hard to get away from. i just try to move back and forth in the air while using f air, b air, or n air (camping) but trying to move her closer to the ledge while doing that so you can get a kill off. that way you wont land near her and you'll avoid the d smash.

chef-hado

Smash Cadet
mango...is...fifteen...wow i feel old...and newby
well if you think the peach might crouch cancel your aerial just do another jump and pound, it's worked for me a few times, and if you use it sparingly it'll surprise people
but still, l-canceling is your friend?
and against peach's recovery, keep WoP and wait for to open her umbrella, cuz that's probably one of her most vulnerable times. it's still not a fosho kill, but once the umbrella comes out, life gets alot easier for you and harder for peach in the sense she can only open and close and try to land asap from there

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Well
Shffl is good agaisnt peach
as long as u space..
Dont go crazy with attacks..
Just like hit her shield once and back off.
When u get greedy is when she Nairs u out of her sheild..
U cant be agressive on peach.. i figured this out
Just pace ur self.. and try 2 have an 8 minute match ^_^

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Well
Shffl is good agaisnt peach
as long as u space..
Dont go crazy with attacks..
Just like hit her shield once and back off.
When u get greedy is when she Nairs u out of her sheild..
U cant be agressive on peach.. i figured this out
Just pace ur self.. and try 2 have an 8 minute match ^_^
I see.

So, to clarify, vs. the better half of Sheik players, it'd be best for me to hang back at the ledge and play ledge games with them?
Clarify???

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Ok Mango... here's my question.
On who does up-air work?

By that, I mean on what characters is it a good idea to try and use up-air to combo with/lead into rest; characters and general percentages, do you know?

Like, I know with the fastfallers and Ganon up air works wonders, but with the other characters, in particular floaties like Peach and Samus, I end up hitting them with up air at higher %s because I'm apparently trying something, and I only end up sending them high and I'm unable to chase them. And this is because I don't truly know when to use up air, or against who should I be thinking to use it on...

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Ok Mango... here's my question.
On who does up-air work?

By that, I mean on what characters is it a good idea to try and use up-air to combo with/lead into rest; characters and general percentages, do you know?

Like, I know with the fastfallers and Ganon up air works wonders, but with the other characters, in particular floaties like Peach and Samus, I end up hitting them with up air at higher %s because I'm apparently trying something, and I only end up sending them high and I'm unable to chase them. And this is because I don't truly know when to use up air, or against who should I be thinking to use it on...
U air works good on... pretty good on everyone but

1.Peach.... about 20-30 percent should lead 2 a rest
2.Space Animals...... If u get an up air on them... u can rest like at any percatages
3.Marth.... about 20-40 percent sounds a bout right be...
4.Ice Climbers..... About 20-40 here also
5.Sheik.... Pretty much up 2 like 50 percent.. tooo goood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom