• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike or Marth?

McFweeFwee

Smash Rookie
I m sure some one else has done this so if u have dont be really mad at me i havent been around very long to know. i will understand if u are mad.

Well, anyway i want to know who u people like better Ike or Marth. I personaly like ike better because he has some better moves but i like Marth's Final Smash better because it is a 1 hit K.O. Also ike is easier to use in my opinion.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Marth by far. Faster movement speed, faster attacks, better recovery etc....Ike's way to slow speed and attack wise, a good (hell even a semi-decent one) can run circles around Ike.

And I believe this has been made before...sorry.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Marth - speed and the power of his tipped attacks beat everything Ike has. I play and enjoy both of them, but Ike has holes in his game you could fly a Death Star through with how much lag most of his attacks have, so it's pretty hard to play him successfully against good foes, which makes for dull matches if you can't put up enough of a fight.

Outside Brawl, well, I'll be able to tell you which I prefer there if/when Fire Emblem DS comes out in the US.

Zevox

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Is Marth the best Fe lord in Fire Emblem history (not smash)? No
Can Marth use Aether? No
Is Marth Super Strong? No
Does everyone like Marth? No
Does Marth have 2 recovery options? No
Does Marth look like a guy? No
Does Marth please the ladies?....wait he does :/

Marth is too insecure about her skills.
Ike knows what he's doing.
What he said.

*Sigh*

Teh guy who fight for his friends>>>>>>>> Teh phire >>>>>>>>Teh Girlinous
Fixed.

Note: I'm joking. I like all 3 FE lords. I just like Ike the best. Not by much though.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Watch the Ike and Marth moveswap video. Marth's Speed combined with Ike's power...
It's too awesome.
Fsmash is so quick and powerful that THE MOVE ITSELF tops Falcon AND his knee.
It's just too wickedly awesome.
So who do I vote for?
Iketh.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Marth is better to me. It's a matter of flowing and quick versus blunt and violent.

I don't care about opinionated sexuality, it's a pretty lame excuse to not like him imho.

~rh

Smash Lord
All of you like Sora, Riku, and all of those other feminine guys in fighting games, huh?

Why not my man Marth?

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
I like Ike as a character better (Even if he becomes a tiny, tiny bit a douche in Radiant Dawn.) but I like Marth's gameplay style in these games better.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
I like Ike because he is easier to use. Marth's moves too wierd for me and is too hard to control. At least with Ike, if I actually hit something there is actually a good chance that they are KOed.

WolFlash

Smash Cadet
I find Marth is easier to use in high level competitions but i prefer Ike cos he has stronger attacks and (IMO) a slightly better recovery.

Janaye

Smash Rookie
It really depends on who I'm up against.

I find if I'm playing against a speedy ******* like fox then I choose Marth because he can keep up with him. But if the character is someone that doesn't get knocked out easily like Snake then I pick up Ike.

Keep in mind I hardly ever play either of these characters. Honestly I could count the number of times on one hand, but I'm just throwing in my two-cents.

Different characters are different.

Redundancy is redundant.
He put it best

Seon

Smash Cadet
Well, Marth has been the main character of 2 games ANDDD an anime... idk how that ranks up with Ike..

with all seriousness though, Ike's got nothin on him

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
Marth!
Technically, Marth has 3 recovery options.

Standard B
Side B (Right after you jump)
Up B

Plus, he has an uber tiara sword.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Ike's A moves are much more inspired than Marth's A moves. Marth's jab, ftilt, and utilt are all the same asides from the angle of the swing. His directional aerials are all the same as well except for the direction he swings his sword.

Two of Ike's specials are rip-offs of Marth's. Even then, Ike still has a more inspired moveset.

Marth is far superior combatwise, because she's not too slow like Ike is and because she outranges most people with her sword.

I would rather fight an Ike than a Marth.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
I like Ike better because he has tons of spikes and spikes are baller and his sword is bigger/cooler looking. That said, I have no doubt how much better Marth is.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
This thread amuses me. :laugh:

Now the Fire Emblem players know the heck that the Earthbound Boards have to go through when every newcomer makes a thread titled "Ness or Lucas?" Well, they can get an idea of it, anyway.

Have fun, people.

Next Week: Who's better, Mario or Luigi? Stay tuned, folks.

Also, Ike, because fighting for your friends > pedophilia.

Top Bottom